Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Carmelo Anthony Free Agency Rumor Thread, Part II

A source close to Anthony said he has confidence Jackson and general manager Steve Mills will make the Knicks top-flight contenders in the future, but was unsure about their ability to upgrade the team for this season. Anthony didn’t want to go through another 37-45 campaign. “I don’t think the money ever was the most important part,’’ the source said. “I think his concern was, could they make the team better this season? He is comfortable in the outer years, but needed to be convinced about the upcoming year.’’ New York Post

The source close to Anthony told The Post on Friday that family is also a factor in potentially staying in New York. The Post has reported Anthony’s Brooklyn-raised wife La La Vasquez doesn’t want him to leave the Knicks after she was a driving force in the trade that brought him to New York from Denver in 2011. New York Post
    A decision is expected from Anthony by Monday, though the ever-present fluidity of free agency means there is no definitive timeline. The people spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of the negotiations. USA Today Sports
    New thread, all articles and rumors regarding Carmelo Anthony go here. Only make a new thread regarding Carmelo if it's significant.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.MSGQX1TA.dpuf

Last edited by Blitzace137; 07-05-2014 at 04:19 AM.

vCash
    I'm gonna be skeptical until he signs, but I think staying sounds more likely all the time

That said, the Bulls and Lakers scare me
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    I'm gonna be skeptical until he signs, but I think staying sounds more likely all the time

That said, the Bulls and Lakers scare me
    On the other thread someone made a case for him going to the Cavs saying how good the Cavs look even without LBJ...and that is the point that I've been making all along..We win no matter what Melo does.. Now, my preference is that he stays for about 5/100-110 to give us some cap relief (and I'm an SU grad)..But even if he leaves we will have a TON of money next yr and some decent young talent who will get some run this yr and gain experience. Both situations are pretty good and we don't have to worry about Dolan F-ing it up this time.

Give Phil 30-40 mil to spend and a high #1 next yr and we'll be damn good in 2016 and beyond. Either way I'm not fretting it at all.

vCash

@KBergCBS: Column: As Carmelo Anthony comes to embrace Phil Jackson's vision, the inevitable scrutiny awaits. http://t.co/K3rxUFQsBN
    Last edited by stefanmusic; 07-05-2014 at 07:42 AM.

vCash
    @lazenby: Report: Carmelo Anthony buys into Phil Jackson’s plan for the*Knicks http://t.co/PztLzKfyM7 via @basketballtalk

vCash
    Anyone else wanna know exactly what this plan is that Phil allegedly sold Carmelo on?

vCash

I ain't got no worries!!! Melo trolling free agency

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    Anyone else wanna know exactly what this plan is that Phil allegedly sold Carmelo on?
    the plan is use young assets to get roster Phil what's wether now or closer to the dead line. Love marc gasol etc. I don't know what Phil thinks of rondo I would love to know.

vCash

That's knicks meeting with lebron pimp ain't real right??? I don't see it on broussards page

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    That's knicks meeting with lebron pimp ain't real right??? I don't see it on broussards page
    Sadly it was false. I say sadly not because I really want LBJ (though I do) but I would have loved to see how you reacted.

vCash

Lol I wouldn't be shocked at all of lethot came here. I think he lookin for 2 year deal with player option when there are more options 2015 including us. Lebron Gump can run anywhere if it's a easy situation to win. I personally bet on him going to bulls because I got 20-1 odds lol. Most likely he will stay with heat short contract or go to the cavs and we become favorites next summer if he does take that short contract

vCash
    What is a thot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    What is a thot?
    A Thot is a hoe. Plural: Thotties
    Marquan: Yo thats my main girl
    Deshaun: She yo main girl but she my main thot
    People fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer
    Guess its just a theory of man became a monster, atop of the world
    Never fallin', I'm as real as they come from day one, forever ballin'
    C'mon