Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kinda Yankee Related; A's trade for both Samardzija and Hammel

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal · 9m
    DEAL IS DONE: #Cubs send Samardzija and Hammel to #Athletics for Addison Russell, per sources. May be other players and team(s) involved.
    Via Twitter

They were both potential trade targets for the Yankees. A's are going for it all this year

Update:

Keith Law with all the deets:

keithlaw @keithlaw
    Cubs/A's deal official. Samardzija and Hammel for Russell, McKinney, Straily, PTBNL. Analysis to follow on ESPN Insider.
    Addison Russell and Billy McKinney are their two best prospects (rated 1 and 2 respectively).
    Last edited by nyyfan4life; 07-04-2014 at 10:57 PM.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Just heard this on MLB Network... still not certain on all details (mlb network not certain...)

vCash
    The A's have put some legit distance between them and every other wannabee contender in the AL.
    Last edited by nyyfan4life; 07-04-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Yeeeesh

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    Wow… crazy

Now what… doubt we get Price, lee ? Meh.. Cole hamels doubt it…

Sucks..
    Mark Teixeira #25
    R- 20 H-30 HR-9 RBI-25 BB-19SO-27AVG-.259 OBP-.377 SLG-.509

vCash
    Addison Russell and Javier Baez (Cubs best prospect who's struggled in AAA but only 21) are both SS. This might mean that the Cubs might be looking to move Castro in the off-season for a big haul.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Baez probably isn't a long term SS.

If that was the cost for them, thank goodness the Yankees didn't buy. That would have costed us Sanchez, Severino, and Judge most likely. Yeesh.

vCash
    Another thing is why do the cubs have all these Top SS prospects?..
    Castro isn't a prospect but hes a proven MLB SS..
    Baez now addison reed… wow
    Mark Teixeira #25

vCash
    If im NYY id give up a nice haul for Castro.. But thats just me
    Mark Teixeira #25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
    Baez probably isn't a long term SS.

If that was the cost for them, thank goodness the Yankees didn't buy. That would have costed us Sanchez, Severino, and Judge most likely. Yeesh.
    True but that's the price of both Shark and Hammel. With that said, the A's did good to get a guy like Russell. He's a beast.

Baez isn't a long term SS but neither is Starlin Castro. His defense is bad but you can live with a poor defensive middle infielder if his offensive value is solid given how barren those positions are. Castro will also need to moved eventually.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    I can't believe Hammel is worth that much as a 3 month rental. Maybe to a contender, but damn, he was awful in the AL East last year. Wouldn't have given more for him than what they got for Feldman, so like Shane Greene and Jose Ramirez

vCash
    Also, 3B isn't really an option for Castro, Baez, etc.. with Kris Bryant. He's the best hitter in the minors and mashing in AAA. Unless you want to move Bryant to an COF position, 3B is locked up long-term. The only other position Bryant can move to is 1B but they have Anthony Rizzo aka Joey Votto 2.0 there so that's a no-go.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
    I can't believe Hammel is worth that much as a 3 month rental. Maybe to a contender, but damn, he was awful in the AL East last year. Wouldn't have given more for him than what they got for Feldman, so like Shane Greene and Jose Ramirez
    Hammel in the coliseum can work though. Plus, while Hammel was bad last year, he was really good the year prior in the AL East. I haven't checked his pitch fx data but I'm willing to bet he's changed the way he has pitched a bit since last season. The fact that he has a 2.9 rWAR already this year is astounding.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    This is definitely Yankee related now... New tweets:

@MaxWildstein
    Source: There was a three team trade involving #Yankees with #Cubs and #Athletics but it fell through.
    @MaxWildstein
    #Yankees almost got Hammel and Russell. Deal fell thru. Got nothing as #Cubs got Russell and #Athletics got Hammel.
    Woah, we were trying to get Russell and Hammel? Damn. Is this Max guy legit?
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Hammel in the coliseum can work though. Plus, while Hammel was bad last year, he was really good the year prior in the AL East. I haven't checked his pitch fx data but I'm willing to bet he's changed the way he has pitched a bit since last season. The fact that he has a 2.9 rWAR already this year is astounding.
    2.0 fWAR though. Personally the only one I use. I don't buy Jhoulys Chacin as being a 5.8 WAR pitcher last year.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast