Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers Brass Not in Panic mode

The Lakers Brass are trying to put together a Championship contender. TODAY!!
    You may think that this defies all logic, but its really quite simple when you think about it.

Carmelo Anthony: All we know from yesterday's meeting is that the Lakers offered Melo a deal for about 4yrs 95mil. Just because Melo left without signing a deal and (Kobe was a no-show) and he was offered a max deal from NY, Doesn't mean he wont sign in LA. The fact that he hasn't signed with anyone yet make me believe that he's waiting on something. That something is:

Lebron James:Lebron James has not signed (or agreed to) with the Heat either. Lebron is also not showing up to any meetings. He's leaving all the negotiating to his "Agent". Smart move. Why? Lebron is not resigning with the Heat, because the Heat were not able to bring in any better talent to contend. So now Lebron is having his agent look for teams with better talent and that can pay him the money he deserves. (He wants to say that he left his negotiation up to his agent, and his agent got him the best deal and chance to win in LA without taking ALL the blame for leaving)

This is where the Lakers come in fella's. Look at the clues. After the meeting yesterday with Melo, Mitch walks melo out to his car. Melo also, (when leaving) per @MarkG_Medina: Melo rolls down window: "you know I can't say anything. Just wanted to say what's up."
    Those are both clues that the meeting went well and that something big is in the works.

Next clue. Mitch gets on a plane to go meet Lebron's Agent. It looks like we are scrambling, but I think not. I think Melo will agree to come to LA, if we can sign Lebron James to play with him and Kobe Bryant.
    Now you can say we don't have enough money to sign both players because Lebron wants a max deal. Its true!!! We cant sign both players for more than about 15mil per (by trading Nash and Randle) year. Not to worry.

TWC If you remember. TWC was in the meeting with melo. They can offer Melo and Lebron contracts and tv deals,to make up any money shorted by whatever contract they agree to. The endorsements they can make with us will far surpass what any market could offer them. The LAKERS are really the ONLY market that can offer these players more $$$ than what they could get anywhere else. This is why both will agree to join LA. Mitch is already done sharing that info and deal with Lebron's agent. So I don't think it will be long for this deal to go down. If bron has the guts to agree, then I think we will see this deal go down soon, and the world will be shocked.

Kobe Bryant: Remember Kobe's words..."This year, we all know its been a real tough year for us right? So what I'd like everybody to do is to really just sit back and just absorb this year. Take it all in. Sit back and watch and listen and hear all the hate that's being thrown at us and remember every person that's kicking you when you're down because next year it ain't gunna be this way. Appreciate it now. Let it sit in now, because revenge is sweet and it's quick."

For Revenge!!!

vCash
    I once was as optimistic about the Lakers. I just don't see it. I hope I'm wrong.

vCash
    Yea were not getting Lebron.

vCash
    We're not getting either, let alone both
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Income tax rates are killing us.

vCash
    this is just my opinion as to what is happening. I'm very optimistic about my Lakers

vCash

Lakers Brass Not in Panic mode

Don't get your hopes up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPKOBE43 View Post
    this is just my opinion as to what is happening. I'm very optimistic about my Lakers
    I was told yesterday by lakers&dodgers or some handle similar, that it's illegal for teams to give extra financial incentives through marketing or tv deal money.

I think it's totally legit but I haven't seem the paperwork either.

If TWC was in the meeting then you know some kind of $ was discussed whether it be direct or indirect. So I still think it's a plausible scenario.

That's the only way I see a chance at getting both guys it even one of em.

But realistically, I don't think we get either. But I like your optimism.

vCash
    It is possible tho. Big 3 in Miami are looking more and more done these days. and you have to know that Melo knows exactly what he wants to do. so why the, using the weekend to mull it over crap. He's waiting to see if we can pair LeBron in this. if not I "think" he stays in NY. but I could be wrong. I think we all are speculating at this point. Espn and whatever sport's writers and experts and guru's are doin the same thing we are... Speculating. coz if they had something concrete, it'd be news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    I was told yesterday by lakers&dodgers or some handle similar, that it's illegal for teams to give extra financial incentives through marketing or tv deal money.

I think it's totally legit but I haven't seem the paperwork either.

If TWC was in the meeting then you know some kind of $ was discussed whether it be direct or indirect. So I still think it's a plausible scenario.

That's the only way I see a chance at getting both guys it even one of em.

But realistically, I don't think we get either. But I like your optimism.
    true. what can I say. I'm a bit of a dreamer. If all else fail. go get Lance and I. Thomas. sign our own F.A. and fill out the roster. I just don't think we should keep waiting and doing this game year after year hoping someone big want to play here. Because we will be doing this same song and dance for years to come, with no first rounders next year either

vCash
    What's really going to happen: Lebron and Melo go somewhere else, we have to sign a bunch of rentals again to keep cap flexability, wait, and pray that Jim and Jeanie get their heads out of their *****.

vCash
    We have to admit.. If we would have given Phil a job with the Lakers, we would already have Melo right now.
    #Chow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MT2A View Post
    What's really going to happen: Lebron and Melo go somewhere else, we have to sign a bunch of rentals again to keep cap flexability, wait, and pray that Jim and Jeanie get their heads out of their *****.
    Don't you think (if that were to happen) you lock in young talent like Lance for 4 years. theres no promise that love or Durant or westbrook want to come here. they could both sign ext's with okc, then we will be stuck once again. Kyrie is off the table. so whats left.?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPKOBE43 View Post
    Don't you think (if that were to happen) you lock in young talent like Lance for 4 years. theres no promise that love or Durant or westbrook want to come here. they could both sign ext's with okc, then we will be stuck once again. Kyrie is off the table. so whats left.?
    Yea I keep hearing to save our cap space for when Durant becomes a free agent. Well what the hell gives you the idea that he wants to come here? I am not even sure Love wants to come here next year and everyone is all worked up about that too.
    #Chow!

vCash
    I am with the OP on this one. My feeling is there will be a rabbit pulled out of the hat somehow. Financially it could still work but somebody needs to defer their salary or maybe there is a loophole that nobody is sensing that applies. I doubt the later part of my previous statement but I think Lebron is waiting for Melo to sign and if it is possible, he will try to join whatever team he chooses. I think if Lebron, Wade, & Bosh were all on board together, they would have re-upped already. Lebron will join a very competitive team capable of winning a championship with his presence. He wont waste his prime years on a franchise for loyalty or for the sake of legacy. He doesn't give two ***** about either, for that I am certain. He just wants to win.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast