Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,092
    vCash
    500

    2014 Projected Starting Lineups

    According to Paul Kuharsky here are the projected starters for the upcoming season

    Offense

    QB - Jake Locker
    RB - Shonn Greene
    FB - Collin Mooney
    WR - Kendall Wright
    WR - Nate Washington
    TE - Delanie Walker
    LT - Michael Roos
    LG - Andy Levitre
    C - Brian Schwenke
    RG - Chance Warmack
    RT - Taylor Lewan

    Defense

    DE - Jurrell Casey
    DT - Al Woods
    DE - Ropati Pitoitua
    OLB - Shaun Phillips
    ILB - Wesley Woodyard
    ILB - Colin McCarthy
    OLB - Akeem Ayers
    CB - Jason McCourty
    CB - Blidi Wreh-Wilson
    FS - Michael Griffin
    SS - Bernard Pollard

    K - Maikon Bonani
    P - Brett Kern

    Could obviously change after training camp/preseason.

    A couple things that stand out to me.

    (1) Lewan starting at right tackle. That means Oher is making all that money to sit on the bench.

    (2) The defensive line seems to be about eating space and stuffing the run. Woods and Ropati are run stoppers.

    (3) I'm concerned about our linebackers as far as coverage is concerned. I'm sure they will be doing more blitzing. But looking at that group and seeing McCarthy, Phillips and Ayers starting and all 3 struggled last year in pass coverage. Then behind them on the depth chart and you see Derrick Morgan and Wimbley coming off being converted from defensive end. They better get a pass rush because these linebackers are gonna have trouble in coverage.

    (4) I was curious who was gonna get the nod at cornerback and it seems like they are gonna give Blidi Wreh-Wilson the first chance to win the job.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    3,196
    vCash
    1500
    I think Sankey will be the starter from day 1
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3
    vCash
    500
    Sankey and oher will both start.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    South
    Posts
    14
    vCash
    500
    Oher will start. Greene will be a huge asset with such a big O line in front of him. They would be wise to start him as well.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,523
    vCash
    1500
    I think Lewan will start.

    Sankey won't start day 1 but in the end will have more carries/yards etc

    The LB core is very speedy and exciting, will blitz a lot etc.. I worry about stopping the run so Pitoitua and Woods should be very important pieces.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,092
    vCash
    500
    I'm really worried about our linebackers in pass coverage. We have guys like Wimbley and Morgan who are converting from defensive end who won't be top notch in pass coverage. We got guys like Shaun Phillips and Akeem Ayers who are almost entirely pass rushers. Then we got guys like Colin McCarthy and Fokou who struggled big time in pass coverage last year.

    They do have Wesley Woodyard who is known for his pass coverage. But he was benched last year because he was a liability against the run....

    I guess thats my issue. That our linebackers aren't versatile as a group. Offenses should be able to look at how they lineup and get a good idea where they have matchups.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,523
    vCash
    1500
    I think our LB will be good at getting to the QB (Ayers, Brown, Phillips, Wimbley) and our DL will be good at stopping the run (Casey, Woods, Pitoitua, Morgan).. Minus Woodyard, definitely worry about pass coverage, but hopefully we really get to the QB a lot to help supplement that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,092
    vCash
    500
    The Tennessean reporting that they have Jackie Battle listed as a fullback and that Collin Mooney most likely won't make the 53-man roster. If they feel that Jackie Battle can play fullback then that will be big because he can play HB, FB and is solid on special teams.

    They won't use a fullback that much anyways.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,523
    vCash
    1500
    Funny, I tried predicting the 53 man roster the other day (I know it's early but it's July -- I'm bored lol) and I put Battle at FB.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,092
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnocOnYoBloc View Post
    Funny, I tried predicting the 53 man roster the other day (I know it's early but it's July -- I'm bored lol) and I put Battle at FB.
    I'm curious as to how they will use that extra roster spot. They are gonna have Sankey, Greene and McCluster at HB and Battle at FB. Are they gonna look to keep Leon Washington at HB also a Return Specialist? Do they keep Antonio Andrews the HB out of Western Kentucky? I know the coaching staff really likes him because he is a fit for their scheme. A 225-pound running back who done pretty good out of the backfield catching passes and blocking. Or do they just keep another wide receiver or tight end on the roster?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,523
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I'm curious as to how they will use that extra roster spot. They are gonna have Sankey, Greene and McCluster at HB and Battle at FB. Are they gonna look to keep Leon Washington at HB also a Return Specialist? Do they keep Antonio Andrews the HB out of Western Kentucky? I know the coaching staff really likes him because he is a fit for their scheme. A 225-pound running back who done pretty good out of the backfield catching passes and blocking. Or do they just keep another wide receiver or tight end on the roster?
    Guys are going to surprise in camp and PS, but I predicted Mariani would be kept due to his return abilities, and less competition at the position IMO.

    For fun, my notable cuts were:

    QB Tyler Wilson
    FB Colin Mooney
    RB Leon Washington (I can see them keeping him, and sort of hope they do)
    WR Brian Robiskie
    DT Mookie Johnson (I can see them keeping him, I just couldn't fit him)
    DT Karl Klug
    LB Patrick Bailey
    S Damion Stafford
    S Hakeem Smith
    CB Micah Pellerin

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,092
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnocOnYoBloc View Post
    Guys are going to surprise in camp and PS, but I predicted Mariani would be kept due to his return abilities, and less competition at the position IMO.

    For fun, my notable cuts were:

    QB Tyler Wilson
    FB Colin Mooney
    RB Leon Washington (I can see them keeping him, and sort of hope they do)
    WR Brian Robiskie
    DT Mookie Johnson (I can see them keeping him, I just couldn't fit him)
    DT Karl Klug
    LB Patrick Bailey
    S Damion Stafford
    S Hakeem Smith
    CB Micah Pellerin
    Id bet money on them keeping Klug. They want as many versatile guys on that front 7 as they can get and Klug can play DE in 3-4 and DT/DE in 4-3.

    A couple guys give them options. Jackie Battle as mentioned earlier gives them HB/FB with one roster spot. Dexter McCluster gives them HB/WR/KR-PR with one roster spot. They have said that he will be the secondary return guy to whoever wins the job.

    Also Antonio Andrews led the nation last year in All-Purpose yardage at WKU. He had 1730 yards rushing, 478 yards receiving and returned kicks and punts. So he would also give them options.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,523
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Id bet money on them keeping Klug. They want as many versatile guys on that front 7 as they can get and Klug can play DE in 3-4 and DT/DE in 4-3.

    A couple guys give them options. Jackie Battle as mentioned earlier gives them HB/FB with one roster spot. Dexter McCluster gives them HB/WR/KR-PR with one roster spot. They have said that he will be the secondary return guy to whoever wins the job.

    Also Antonio Andrews led the nation last year in All-Purpose yardage at WKU. He had 1730 yards rushing, 478 yards receiving and returned kicks and punts. So he would also give them options.
    I just can't see Klug unseating some of these guys:
    Sammie Lee Hill
    DaQuan Jones
    Lavar Edwards
    Mike Martin

    He likely has to take one of those spots to stick. Unless they get rid of a LB such as Gooden (lock imo), Wimbley (lock imo), Fokou or Mccarthy.

    They definitely have versatility and options. Battle/Mooney for example. McCluster playing multiple pos..

    I like Andrews, just don't see where he sticks, unless they surprise and cut Greene or something.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,092
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnocOnYoBloc View Post
    I just can't see Klug unseating some of these guys:
    Sammie Lee Hill
    DaQuan Jones
    Lavar Edwards
    Mike Martin

    He likely has to take one of those spots to stick. Unless they get rid of a LB such as Gooden (lock imo), Wimbley (lock imo), Fokou or Mccarthy.

    They definitely have versatility and options. Battle/Mooney for example. McCluster playing multiple pos..

    I like Andrews, just don't see where he sticks, unless they surprise and cut Greene or something.
    Lot of guys could be cuts. I've read that depending on how things go in camp guys like Greene and Sammie Lee Hill could be cut because of their cap numbers/production/injuries.

    When it gets down to that final cut its gonna be very interesting this year.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,092
    vCash
    500
    The writers at the Tennessean think that the Titans are trying to decide what they want to do at both Left Tackle and Right Tackle.

    The thinking is that they want Taylor Lewan to start at one of the spots. But which one? They feel that he will be the starting Left Tackle after this season with the Titans letting Michael Roos walk in free agency. They also feel that he would outperform Michael Oher at Right Tackle this season. Michael Roos is said to be having a great offseason as well. So the best duo they could put on the field would be Roos and Lewan. But they probably don't want Lewan playing Right Tackle this year and then switching over to Left Tackle next year.

    There are some that believe if certain things lineup the Titans could possibly look to trade Michael Roos for a 3rd or 4th round pick and go ahead with Taylor Lewan at Left Tackle.


    Then you have running back where its starting to look like Bishop Sankey will be the starter getting carries on 1st and 2nd down. Dexter McCluster will be the back on passing downs with Whisenhunt saying that he sees McCluster having the type of season like Danny Woodhead with him getting 150-200 total touches. Finally you have Shonn Greene looking like the Short-yardage bruiser.

    If it looks that way Shonn Greene could be a cap casualty. If Sankey and McCluster are already being penciled in for 300+ touches it doesn't make much sense to keep Greene around at his salary. Especially if they are looking at keeping Jackie Battle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •