Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

So maybe I am a dreamer...

But with the Cubs recent success, they stand only 7.5 games out of the Wildcard with nearly half the season left. The Cubs need to pass Washington,St. Louis, Pitts., Cincinnati and Miami.

I know its a tough division, but the good news is that the Cubs play 3 of those teams a lot in the second half.

All this year I have been preaching patience and that next year is the turn around year, but is it?
    Maybe its this year???

Imagine if the Cubs went out and added two bats to the lineup this Summer.
    Brought Alcantara up and dumped Barney
    Put Valbuena on 3rd and kept Olt as a pinch Hitter (looking for a long ball)

The Cubs could Still Trade Shark (for a great hall)
    And Extend Hammel for 2 years

I don't think its out of reason to believe the Cubs COULD make a run at it this year...

But then again... I might just be dreaming.

vCash
    I guess what I am saying is that Shark, Schierholtz, Sweeny, Barney, + other minor pieces, Probably can land 2 OF hitters and a Pitching prospect or two and the lineup would by very Good.

vCash
    They still gotta play the games and there's a lot of games yet to be played.

Hell why not? We've leapfrogged about 4 teams in the last week and the other teams ahead of us in the Wild Card aren't exactly World beaters. Just gotta beat the teams in our own division. The NL Central has been the Cubs achilles heel all season

vCash
    I have been saying since mid May that this team doesn't suck. **** it, call up Bryant and Alcantara, let's make **** happen. We need to be 7 or fewer under .500 at the ASB to make it worthwhile though, IMO.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    I have been saying since mid May that this team doesn't suck. **** it, call up Bryant and Alcantara, let's make **** happen. We need to be 7 or fewer under .500 at the ASB to make it worthwhile though, IMO.
    http://37.media.tumblr.com/0b1e7318f...7965o1_400.gif

The gif isn't even being applied sarcastically, I 100 % agree with what you're saying, the yes man from Rick & Morty is just that versatile. Hey have you guys seen Rick & Morty? It's a really good show. You should watch Rick & Morty.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    This team's not bad, which is cool, but inevitably will be worse without Shark and Hammel, just like the last 3-4 years
    Thanks JO-MO

vCash
    It's great to see them playing good baseball but I don't think they have a realistic shot at contending this year. The Cubs would need an amazing run in July for the FO to even consider not being sellers. Samardzija and Hammel will both likely be gone at the trade deadline. Hendricks and Alcantara will be up and we'll get to see what they can do for a couple months. If they can snag a close to major league ready pitcher for Samardzija and sign a guy like Lester the rotation could be exciting. Baez and Bryant could be up next year once we hit the date that gives us an extra year of control. If they can snag a young outfielder for Hammel or sign an outfield bat in FA that's a team I think has got a shot. I think we are getting closer. But this team right now is not there yet. I don't see them wasting a chance to gain more assets to take a chance on this years team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    http://37.media.tumblr.com/0b1e7318f...7965o1_400.gif

The gif isn't even being applied sarcastically, I 100 % agree with what you're saying, the yes man from Rick & Morty is just that versatile. Hey have you guys seen Rick & Morty? It's a really good show. You should watch Rick & Morty.
    Brick and mortar?
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    +1 Sofnr. There are some things that would need to be maintained. This amazing bullpen performance. Ruggiano on a tear. Barney? Valbuena? There are enough things that are slightly outperforming expectations in the last month that I think we still move everyone we can in the hopes of finding another Arrieta (long term piece for short asset like Hammel).

vCash
    What do you guys think we can expect from Wada and Hendricks after we make the trades? Think they could be 3.5 xFIP guys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    What do you guys think we can expect from Wada and Hendricks after we make the trades? Think they could be 3.5 xFIP guys?
    I think it says a lot about our pitching depth that we have Hendricks, Wada, and Beeler, all of whom could end up doing something reasonably like that. And I think it just goes to show how much people are overemphasizing our needs for pitching.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    Agreed, I'm anxious to see Bosio and Hendricks working together. I don't know much about Wada but damn do I like his line.

Beeler has gotta be chomping at the bit for the trades to happen.

vCash
    It's either Archer or Rick and Morty for best animated show on TV. Better than any Macfarland show or even South Park for the moment.

Also cubs rock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckcub View Post
    It's either Archer or Rick and Morty for best animated show on TV. Better than any Macfarland show or even South Park for the moment.

Also cubs rock.
    South Park is still wonderful tho. But yeah, MacFarlane sucks.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Agreed, I'm anxious to see Bosio and Hendricks working together. I don't know much about Wada but damn do I like his line.

Beeler has gotta be chomping at the bit for the trades to happen.
    I'm anxious to see how Bosio works with everyone. Guy is a champ. I'm not as big on Wada either, but I doubt he's worse than Jackson.

#VoteRizzo... or else

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast