Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Raps re-sign Patrick Patterson for 3 yrs, 18 mil

RT @GoodmanESPN: Patrick Patterson has signed a 3-year, $18 million deal with the Toronto Raptors, source told ESPN.

vCash
    Thats pretty good for the role we expect from him. Maybe he matures further and finds consistancy and amirs ankles can take a pay cut or walk next year.

vCash
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Excellent! Now on to Vasquez.

vCash
    I consider him part of the young core we have here. I really like his potential.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    I was hoping 5per/3yrs, but one million difference for a reliable PF is quiet reasonable.

Well done again MU and welcome back PatPat.

Now one more to go (GVZ).

Raps "official capsologist" is definitely working overtime, nice. I think I would rather let them do the talking for now.

vCash
    @WolstatSun: Raptors would only have about $7.5M to spend to stay under tax. With two spots to fill. Greivis, MLE. TPE the options
    Still more to be done by MU, I will stay tune.

vCash
    Also I'm liking this shorter deal in addition to the ETO clause in Lowry's contract.

2016 is still in sight, I wonder who is the big FA available .

vCash
    This is great news. For right now the goal should be to keep the young talent that got us to the playoffs last year and stand pat for the 2015-16 offseason. I know a lot of people are looking at the 2016-17 offseason, but I think we can make a serious push this year and/or next. With almost 30 million coming off the books and two first-rounders, Ujiri has a lot of room to work with. If we appear to take a big step forward this year, expiring contracts like Landry Fields and Chuck Hayes along with first-rounders would look really enticing to any team looking to shed salary. If he decides to stand pat, then we can grab someone like Milsap or Al Jefferson for a 2015-16 push. Its exciting times for us Raptors fans as everything appears to be falling in place for a bright future for the franchise. Let's hope Vasquez re-signs for a reasonable deal. If he doesn't then who should we target?
    Last edited by Saint Raptor; 07-04-2014 at 01:57 PM. Reason: wrong info

vCash
    Ok, that's good news! Let's see a good deal for GVZ, too, I think he was a key piece in keeping us going whenever Lowry had to take a breather last year.

vCash
    Good signing but how is Masai going to improve this team? Right now it looks like they're going to be the exact same team with some minor adjustments which is not a good thing because a lot of team improved.
    Last edited by JustinTime; 07-04-2014 at 01:51 PM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    Haha look a Patterson's Twitter page https://twitter.com/pdpatt

vCash
    I think we overpaid here. I dont see patman being worth more than 12 for 3 years. not mad at the signing though, I just wonder how it effects the raps ability to go after other players?? I hope GVZ comes back, I think he was more important to lock up first. .

we really need to cut some dead weight as well. I really dont understand why we needed to bring back decolo when we just got williams. stone, buicks, novak, hayes are all deaad weight, taking up spots... get rid, trade do something with them.

vCash
    Most of that dead weight is expiring at the end of the season. One of the things I love about Ujiri is that, unlike Colangelo, I trust him to show restraint in his moves. He'll only trade expirings for good value and/or potential. Otherwise, I think he'll take the money into the next offseason. Now, my favorite thing about Ujiri is that when he does make a trade, I feel like we're invariably the team that ends up on top. Trading Bargnani at all was amazing. Luckily, he was able to find a GM foolish enough to give us a first-rounder for that dead weight. Obviously the Sacramento trade was amazing giving us players like 2Pat and GVZ while setting up next offseason. I think the trade with Atlanta was brilliant. Lou Williams is a huge upgrade over Salmons, and though Atlanta is just going to buy Salmons' contract out, I don't know who the better player is they plan to get. Furthermore, anyone who has seen tape of Nogueira can see that potential shot-blocking center we've been looking for. Also, he runs the floor like a SF. I would say that if we sign GVZ, then we have most certainly improved with the addition of Williams, and I trust Ujiri to do the right thing with any future moves.

vCash
    He is young and still can improve his game. Still would have liked it at 3/15. Now let's hope they get GV back

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast