Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Don Nelson Thread

Well since were on the topic of former warrior coaches that are NO LONGER with the organization figured I'd ask the question... Any chance Nelson finds himself coaching another team? I know he wants the most wins of any coach ever. With Tim and Pops looking like they can go on forever his record could be caught. We all know Nelson ego can't take that... Where might he end up?

vCash
    Cmon man..

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Troll thread

she says go for the championship

vCash
    No, Nelson isn't any more interested in the time investment to coach at the top level than Jackson is.

Troll answer.

vCash
    Damn straight it's a troll thread but the point is clear this thread should remain open as long as that joke of Jackson thread is still open. Spoiler alert ... They should both be closed.

vCash
    Since we're cloning troll threads, should we have a Where r they now thread? Brian Winters...and the great Dave Cowens. Inquiring mind wants to know.

vCash
    LOL, this offseason needs to end...quick!

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    This counts as trolling? My god y'all need to chill out and stop derailing/running good posters off.

Back on topic, Nellie's teams were the most fun to watch. I enjoyed them way more than last year's squad. You knew with Nellie we at least had a chance at making it to the conference finals. With Jackson (and now Kerr), you couldn't believe we'd ever get out of the first round.

I still remember that 2007 run where we busted out the 1st seed Mavericks. Donnie did something that only a couple other coaches were able to do. We would have made it to the WCF too and beaten that Lakers squad badly if it wasn't for that bogus charge call where Derrick Fisher obviously flopped like he has his entire career. That call lost us the game and ultimately swung the series momentum in Utah's favor.

We (Donnie) were ONE CALL away from advancing on to the NBA Championship series. That's the way I see it anyway.

vCash
    Whoever doesn't see this as a troll thread sucks at life. Plain and simple.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    There was no way we were going to beat the Jazz with small ball. They had way too much size in the paint.

How do we know this? We traded Jason Richardson the following off season to try and get Kevin Garnett. And we also drafted Brandon Wright. It's as clear as day.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Whoever doesn't see this as a troll thread sucks at life. Plain and simple.
    Bringing up past coaches can only lead to bickering and off topic conversation. What matters right now is the current coaching staff, current roster and any player(s) the Warriors have been tied to.

The obvious exception would be discussing Warriors history, it doesn't appear that's the direction this thread is going...

vCash
    Nelson was a great coach at SOME things ... defense and playoff winning basketball were not on that list.