Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Arizona Diamondbacks (36-51) @ Atlanta Braves (47-38) 7/4-7/6

@

Arizona Diamondbacks @ Atlanta Braves

Friday, 7/4 7:35 PM

Josh Collmenter, RHP (6-4, 3.94 ERA/4.12 FIP/4.43 xFIP)vs Ervin Santana, RHP (6-5, 4.05 ERA/3.27 FIP/3.22 xFIP)

Collmenter won his last time out against the Padres. It was his third win in a nine-day span -- one of those came in relief in extra innings. He was first D-back to do that since Randy Johnson in the 2001 World Series.

Santana came into his latest outing on the heels of a three-game losing streak. Over that span, he posted a 5.47 ERA. But after twirling 6 2/3 innings of two-run ball vs. Philly on Saturday, Santana has strung together two straight quality starts.

Saturday, 7/5 4:10 PM

Mike Bolsinger, RHP (1-4, 4.43 ERA/4.11 FIP/3.20 xFIP)vs Aaron Harang, RHP (7-6, 3.69 ERA/3.37 FIP/3.92 xFIP)

Bolsinger has pitched well in his second stint in the Majors this year. In three starts since his recall, he has a 2.70 ERA. He does not have a win to show for it as the D-backs have scored two runs in his last two starts.

Harang found himself in a handful of jams during his last outing against Philly, but avoided the big hit as he threw seven innings of two-run ball in the win. The veteran right-hander has allowed two earned runs or fewer in 13 of his 17 starts.

Sunday, 7/6 1:35 PM

Wade Miley, LHP (3-6, 4.61 ERA/4.13 FIP/3.33 xFIP)vs Alex Wood, LHP (3-5, 2.79 ERA/3.17 FIP/3.02 xFIP)

Miley had his finest game of the year last time out, taking a two-hit shutout into the ninth against the Pirates. Two batters into the ninth, Miley was removed and the Pirates rallied for a 3-2 win.

Wood struggled to communicate with recently promoted catching prospect Christian Bethancourt early in his most recent start before the two finally got on the same page. The left-hander retired the final 11 batters he faced.

vCash
    B.J
    Simba
    Freeman
    J-up
    J-hey
    Chris
    TLS
    Laird
    Santana

Laird back in. Nats lost today so...it would be QUITE ideal if we take this game. Get it done Ervin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    B.J
    Simba
    Freeman
    J-up
    J-hey
    Chris
    TLS
    Laird
    Santana

Laird back in. Nats lost today so...it would be QUITE ideal if we take this game. Get it done Ervin.
    Probably a good move to have the vet catch Santana. Need Ervin to at least be okay today and not terrible.

vCash
    Another Great start. Happy 4th of July, Men!

vCash
    Santana was excellent tonight, the offense putting up runs, the bullpen has been outstanding, this team is on a roll, this is exactly what we need in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    Another Great start. Happy 4th of July, Men!
    Happy 4th of july to you too, not exactly my independence day, well it kinda is because i was born in the states but I'm not gonna lie, I don't feel it that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Santana was excellent tonight, the offense putting up runs, the bullpen has been outstanding, this team is on a roll, this is exactly what we need in the playoffs.
    I wish we could have gotten that DP and kept him to only one run given up but I guess that is nitpicking. It was a Great start.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Happy 4th of july to you too, not exactly my independence day, well it kinda is because i was born in the states but I'm not gonna lie, I don't feel it that way.
    I hear ya.

vCash
    Another solid win! Picked up a game on the Nats today as well!

vCash
    Of course we will pick up and make no trade before the dead line then we will **** the bed after lol

vCash
    Interesting statement...not much we can upgrade via trade unless it's for the pen. If we want to upgrade offense then either Chris, TLS, or B.J are gone..

B.J. 8
    Simmons 6
    Freeman 3
    J. Upton 7
    Heyward 9
    Johnson 5
    La Stella 4
    Bethancourt 2
    Harang 1

Lets get it men.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Interesting statement...not much we can upgrade via trade unless it's for the pen. If we want to upgrade offense then either Chris, TLS, or B.J are gone..

B.J. 8
    Simmons 6
    Freeman 3
    J. Upton 7
    Heyward 9
    Johnson 5
    La Stella 4
    Bethancourt 2
    Harang 1

Lets get it men.
    I still want a good 4th outfielder a veteran lefty reliever and maybe another starter, I don't know what is the inning limit on Wood and I don't think Harang can keep it going, if this is going to be a battle with the Nats for the division we might need another starter.

vCash
    Well Simmons is doing his hardest to end the losing streak before we even hit.

vCash
    7 unanswered and Harang has a four run lead in the fourth.

vCash
    good to see our bats come alive but the dbacks pitching was not good, the first few innings were UGLY! always take the win. if bj keeps producing at lead-off and Santana pitches like a #2 we will make the playoffs

vCash
    Glorious. 5 players with multi hit games. Everybody got on base at least once. Harang pitched 8 innings after a rough first.

Only issue in the game was Shae simmons pitching in a 10-4 game. Then realized he hasn't pitched in 3 days but still...

Another series win. Can you feel 3 straight series sweep?? I can.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast