Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    13,761
    vCash
    500

    Does this offseason seem extra painful this year???

    Not sure why, but it feels like this offseason has ben extra boring, long & excruciating compared to those in the past. It has nothing to do with my team being out of it so early, because the Lions' season is usually over in late-September anyways.

    Maybe it has something to do with the late draft? Anyone else feel this way?


    STAFFORD THE LEADER



    Sliding a yard short on 4th down because he's too afraid to take a hit.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    46,037
    vCash
    785
    Nope, the wnba has kept me busy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    Same as ever to me.

    Unleash the beast.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,633
    vCash
    1500
    Same, I actually kind of liked the later draft, usually that dead time after the draft is just horrible for me. Then I find myself actually watching the hall of fame game like it matters, and reading into non contact training camp stories where "Jeremiah Trotter looks like a beast, he's back better than ever" a week before he's cut.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    16,104
    vCash
    3425
    Meh I like this down time. I can focus on the MLL season and NBA draft/FA.
    Coulson Lives

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsnake View Post
    Same, I actually kind of liked the later draft, usually that dead time after the draft is just horrible for me. Then I find myself actually watching the hall of fame game like it matters, and reading into non contact training camp stories where "Jeremiah Trotter looks like a beast, he's back better than ever" a week before he's cut.
    Lol at that Trotter thing. As fans we go so nuts over that stuff. We drool over these reports of guys we know aren't any good

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    65,672
    vCash
    0
    Not for me. The Detroit Tigers have had my attention if I'm watching TV at all. I haven't really thought much about the NFL since the draft ended.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 07-03-2014 at 09:45 PM.



    Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    2,435
    vCash
    1500
    Yes. It's tough to put my sports sanity in the Giants alone, they're too frustrating. I need some hope/sign that football is starting to come back. World Cup is passing the time
    2014 PSD Mock NFL Draft Baltimore Ravens
    Round 1: S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    Round 2: WR Allen Robinson
    Round 3: OT Jack Mewhort
    Round 3: RB Bishop Sankey
    Round 4: CB Victor Hampton
    Round 4: ILB Preston Brown
    Round 5: ILB Avery Williamson
    Round 6: WR Ryan Grant

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Not for me. The Detroit Tigers have had my attention if I'm watching TV at all. I haven't really thought much about the NFL since the draft ended.
    Porcello doe

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,633
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Lol at that Trotter thing. As fans we go so nuts over that stuff. We drool over these reports of guys we know aren't any good
    Yeah, every year there's those guys who some local writer loves, and poof, he's gone on the first wave of cuts, or gets third team behind two guys not even mentioned.

    As for baseball, I can't watch it. Grew up a Marlins fan they won a WS with a bunch of guys I was cheering for, next day they all were sent to other teams and I said F*&% this sport. So barring a World cup or Olympics, my sports life dies when the NBA/NHL finals end. But that's ok, summer is too much fun.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    419
    vCash
    500
    Last year I found a hotel bar downtown (a real nice one, with several big screens) that has unlimited 10 cent chicken wings on sundays during the regular season. Every Sunday i would go in there after church and watch back to back games, sitting in the same chair, eating between 50-100 chicken wings, and I had my own waitress always serve me who is real sweet. Man, I have been itching for football season to start so that i can start doing that again.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,404
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbombz View Post
    Last year I found a hotel bar downtown (a real nice one, with several big screens) that has unlimited 10 cent chicken wings on sundays during the regular season. Every Sunday i would go in there after church and watch back to back games, sitting in the same chair, eating between 50-100 chicken wings, and I had my own waitress always serve me who is real sweet. Man, I have been itching for football season to start so that i can start doing that again.
    What? 10 cent wings where is that? Lol that's probably the most excitement I had this offseason! Seriously where is it?
    49ers, Warriors, SF Giants, Sharks lol SMH
    Colin Kaepernick is a choker and always will be...
    I fully endorse this message

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Posts
    1,413
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdreton View Post
    What? 10 cent wings where is that? Lol that's probably the most excitement I had this offseason! Seriously where is it?
    Go watch some games there with Tbombz so he doesn't have to talk to the waitress all the time.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Salem, Virginia
    Posts
    26,791
    vCash
    1500
    Less than a month until preseason kicks off. Not much longer to go.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Linden NJ
    Posts
    20,854
    vCash
    1307
    All NFL offseason's seem long as hell.
    And I the NBA offseason and the WC are keeping me occupied.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •