Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Does this offseason seem extra painful this year???

Not sure why, but it feels like this offseason has ben extra boring, long & excruciating compared to those in the past. It has nothing to do with my team being out of it so early, because the Lions' season is usually over in late-September anyways.

Maybe it has something to do with the late draft? Anyone else feel this way?

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    Nope, the wnba has kept me busy.

vCash
    Same as ever to me.

vCash
    Same, I actually kind of liked the later draft, usually that dead time after the draft is just horrible for me. Then I find myself actually watching the hall of fame game like it matters, and reading into non contact training camp stories where "Jeremiah Trotter looks like a beast, he's back better than ever" a week before he's cut.

vCash
    Meh I like this down time. I can focus on the MLL season and NBA draft/FA.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsnake View Post
    Same, I actually kind of liked the later draft, usually that dead time after the draft is just horrible for me. Then I find myself actually watching the hall of fame game like it matters, and reading into non contact training camp stories where "Jeremiah Trotter looks like a beast, he's back better than ever" a week before he's cut.
    Lol at that Trotter thing. As fans we go so nuts over that stuff. We drool over these reports of guys we know aren't any good

vCash
    Not for me. The Detroit Tigers have had my attention if I'm watching TV at all. I haven't really thought much about the NFL since the draft ended.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 07-03-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Yes. It's tough to put my sports sanity in the Giants alone, they're too frustrating. I need some hope/sign that football is starting to come back. World Cup is passing the time
    2014 PSD Mock NFL Draft Baltimore Ravens
    Round 1: S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    Round 2: WR Allen Robinson
    Round 3: OT Jack Mewhort
    Round 3: RB Bishop Sankey
    Round 4: CB Victor Hampton
    Round 4: ILB Preston Brown
    Round 5: ILB Avery Williamson
    Round 6: WR Ryan Grant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Not for me. The Detroit Tigers have had my attention if I'm watching TV at all. I haven't really thought much about the NFL since the draft ended.
    Porcello doe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Lol at that Trotter thing. As fans we go so nuts over that stuff. We drool over these reports of guys we know aren't any good
    Yeah, every year there's those guys who some local writer loves, and poof, he's gone on the first wave of cuts, or gets third team behind two guys not even mentioned.

As for baseball, I can't watch it. Grew up a Marlins fan they won a WS with a bunch of guys I was cheering for, next day they all were sent to other teams and I said F*&% this sport. So barring a World cup or Olympics, my sports life dies when the NBA/NHL finals end. But that's ok, summer is too much fun.

vCash
    Last year I found a hotel bar downtown (a real nice one, with several big screens) that has unlimited 10 cent chicken wings on sundays during the regular season. Every Sunday i would go in there after church and watch back to back games, sitting in the same chair, eating between 50-100 chicken wings, and I had my own waitress always serve me who is real sweet. Man, I have been itching for football season to start so that i can start doing that again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbombz View Post
    Last year I found a hotel bar downtown (a real nice one, with several big screens) that has unlimited 10 cent chicken wings on sundays during the regular season. Every Sunday i would go in there after church and watch back to back games, sitting in the same chair, eating between 50-100 chicken wings, and I had my own waitress always serve me who is real sweet. Man, I have been itching for football season to start so that i can start doing that again.
    What? 10 cent wings where is that? Lol that's probably the most excitement I had this offseason! Seriously where is it?
    49ers, Warriors, SF Giants, Sharks lol SMH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdreton View Post
    What? 10 cent wings where is that? Lol that's probably the most excitement I had this offseason! Seriously where is it?
    Go watch some games there with Tbombz so he doesn't have to talk to the waitress all the time.

vCash
    Less than a month until preseason kicks off. Not much longer to go.

vCash
    All NFL offseason's seem long as hell.
    And I the NBA offseason and the WC are keeping me occupied.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast