Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Leafs Trade Idea Thread 2014/15

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    ^ i wasn't aware of that. I wonder what that contract is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    If we trade Reimer, I don't mind taking Brodeur for the cheap to be a backup to Bernier.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    No way he would be a huge headache/distraxtion.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Yeah no.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBall20 View Post
    Winnipeg hasn't done nothing in there conference,leafs should talk them and c if they can somehow steal Evander Kane. I just got a gut feeling Winnipeg or Edmonton will make blockbuster deal with maple leafs. The pieces that Toronto needs Winnipeg and Edmonton have,vise verse.
    And... Go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    And... Go

Rumors have picked up..strong rumors Winnipeg and Toronto are talking.
    Now that Reimer has signed 2 two year deal,he is very moveable.
    Reimer,Franson,lupul,kadri..are all in play,maybe Kane

“The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”

vCash
    Kane and then Burmistov's rights are about the only things I want out of Winnipeg. Wheeler would be amazing, but would take way more than the Leafs should be willing to give up. I would put a decent package together and with Gardiner not signed at the moment, the Leafs could actually trade for Kane without shedding salary (so a package of specs) because they have about $5.8 million in space if you cut the forward core down to 14 like it will be when the season starts (sending down Orr and Smith). Then you obviously have to move Franson once Gards is signed, but a top 6 of:
    JVR-Bozak-Kessel
    Lupul-Kadri-Kane

-should be more than enough reason to give Granberg a decent shot next season and get whatever you can for Franson.

vCash
    Dusty Byfuglien is who i'd want out of Winnipeg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Santana View Post
    Dusty Byfuglien is who i'd want out of Winnipeg
    As a forward I would love it, as a defensemen... not so much. Too many rovers on that back end already.

vCash
    It`s about that time again... go after Ryan Johansen Nonis!

CBJ offered 2 years at $3 million per
    and a 6 year 32 million deal ($5.3 million)
    and a 8 year 46 million deal ($5.75 million)

RyJo and co. rejected all of them

So $6 million probably gets it done. I think RyJo is a 1C, and he showed it last year. Plop him down with Kessel+Jvr and ohmaigawd son you got a stew going https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr2PlqXw03Y

vCash
    I don't like Johansen with those two at all. Big center who likes to shoot and crash the net. Seems awfully similar to the others on that line.

CBJ will likely match whatever Toronto offers.

Cody Franson for Michael Ryder + 3rd makes some sense

vCash
    John Davidson is pulling the most awkward sell job lol on PTS to try and make sure people know RyJo is being a diva.

He`s a great kid
    But he`s not being fair
    He`s a talented kid
    but we want people to know we`re not low-balling him
    He`s a character guy
    But he won`t meet us half way
    He`s so important to our teams future
    But it`s not about one player and enough is enough
    He should be paid fairly
    But he`s still asking for too much

Just trade him to us and let us deal with the headache
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Johansen doesn't nearly deserve what he's asking for though. 2Y 8M is correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I don't like Johansen with those two at all. Big center who likes to shoot and crash the net. Seems awfully similar to the others on that line.

CBJ will likely match whatever Toronto offers.

Cody Franson for Michael Ryder + 3rd makes some sense
    Jvr is the only guy on our team that crashes the net. Jvr also does not have the greatest shot. RyJo`s is much better. Bozak is a non-shooter. RyJo receiving dishes from Kessel would be fabulous and JVR would clean up the garbage in front of the net.

vCash
    He likes to shoot - That's what Kessel does.
    He likes to xlcrash the net with Size - JVR

I just don't get the logic for him there. Bozak is the perfect piece as hr is excellent at working off the puck. Line is damn comparable to Vancouver's big line of the early-mid 2000s.

Toronto needs some secondary scoring which Johansen makes sense for IMO.

vCash
    Johansen doesn't nearly deserve what he's asking for though. 2Y 8M is correct.
    Before the cap goes up. 8 years $6 million for a 1C (i think he is and it sounds like JD thinks so too) would be a steal. It`d be a steal now. The only thing i could say no is if he`s already asking for $7 million. Anything under $6.5 million is just enough to make it worth it to get him locked up before that cap rises. He`s 22, 8 years is all of his prime. He`s not signing for $5.75 million for his whole prime hockey career. Now that i see it like that, i wouldn`t even accept $6 million if my career were shaping up the way RyJo`s is. Plus look who he plays with. I`m legitimately surprised he hit 60 points on that team

vCash
    One 12 point seaskn, then a 63 point season.. He's asking for 6.7 which is insane. I get CBJ not willing to do that, especially if its a bridge deal.

vCash
    He likes to shoot - That's what Kessel does.
    He likes to xlcrash the net with Size - JVR

I just don't get the logic for him there. Bozak is the perfect piece as hr is excellent at working off the puck. Line is damn comparable to Vancouver's big line of the early-mid 2000s.

Toronto needs some secondary scoring which Johansen makes sense for IMO.
    Kessel is a great playmaker too, not just a shooter. And he shoots because he has too. Bozak doesn`t shoot much and Jvr`s shot is weak. Now that JVR is with Kessel, Phil is not just a rush threat... he can hold the puck and dish.

Lupul would be an upgrade in RyJo`s linemates (offense wise) but i still like him with Kessel because RyJo rarely creates. He has a great shot, he either scoring on the rush or off a pass.

I`ve seen so much of RyJo. If he gets an above average passer he will blow up. Lupul is above average but Kessel is an elite playmaker.

vCash
    Would you trade Kadri in a deal for RyJo? I certainly would..

Kadri+

For

Johansen

Columbus get's Kadri in a contract year (I see a big year points wise) and Leafs hopefully get RyJo on a bridge deal so they only have to focus on locking up Bernie this offseason.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast