Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Dirk agrees to 3 year deal

It's being reported for around $30 mil but haven't heard a definite dollar amount yet.

vCash
    Yep now with that some that leaves 16m on table.. That money won't land melo or lebron but we could pick up two nice players with that money

vCash
    They could also free up more if they delt Wright and/or Crowder. At this point with what is left in free agency I would say overpay to get Parsons and bring in Vasquez.

vCash
    I hope we overpay for parsons and mess up the rockets' cap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B:28722952
    They could also free up more if they delt Wright and/or Crowder. At this point with what is left in free agency I would say overpay to get Parsons and bring in Vasquez.
    I'd be happy with that. Best off season in 3 years easily. Although Ellis and Vince have been overall great additions .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    I'd be happy with that. Best off season in 3 years easily. Although Ellis and Vince have been overall great additions .
    I agree, if our off season consisted of adding Chandler, Parsons, and Vasquez (or Isaiah Thomas) and losing Calderon (and this contract), Dalembert, and Wright I would say the off season has been a huge success.

vCash
    Boy the owners have done a masterful job with this players agreement vis--vis public perception. Following the lockout which most people perceive to be a players strike, they get the players to agree to an agreement that caps salaries for the leagues true superstars far far far below their true market value - Lebron is probably worth 60 or 70 million a year to any team who has him. With this system he can get low 20s. In addition from a PR perspective they create a system in which if a player doesn't take a discount to their already artificially low market value, they are perceived by the public to be greedy. Under this same system Cubes could have paid Dirk his true market value of mid teens at this point of his career and still added Parsons and pay a relatively small luxury tax. The luxury tax is another ploy to help the owners protect themselves from themselves. And finally in the public perception war everybody now says we should or had to "OVERPAY" for X or Y player when by definition whatever they can get on the FA market is the market price under this system. The owners are genius. I guess it goes to show the Billionaires are smarter than the Millionaires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasTrilla23 View Post
    I hope we overpay for parsons and mess up the rockets' cap
    guess you got your wish

vCash
    lol yes I did and I couldn't be happier.