Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shane Larkin

vCash

Shane Larkin

I feel like this kid has got lost in the shuffle in this trade. He was the 18th pick in last years draft and has a lot of potential. He' a speedy and athletic (44 inch max vert) PG who can really help us now and can be a big part of our future. He broke his ankle last year in the Summer League so was way behind when he returned mid-season. I think you can discount last seasons stats because he didn't return to form until the season was over. I just thought this kid deserved his own thread since we have one for the other players we acquired during the draft and Larkin is basically our 1st rounder this year.

vCash
    I like Larkin. If he was in this years draft (hypothetically) do you think he still would have been a first rounder?

vCash
    True he can be are version of JJ barea. The kid is lighting quick. I'm really happy we acquired him and he in full strength right now. I'm very excited to see our young guys in the summer league.

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick bag:28721308
    I like Larkin. If he was in this years draft (hypothetically) do you think he still would have been a first rounder?
    Mid to late first round definately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick bag:28721308
    Sorry I meant to say mid 20 to late first

vCash
    I think Larkin probably would have went around 20 to Toronto in this draft.

vCash
    We are actually going to have a pretty exciting Summer League team with Larkin, Hardaway Jr., Early, and Antetokoumpo. That is a very athletic 4 right there. Everyone has at least a 40 inch max vert. Actually except for Hardawy Jr who has a 37.5 max vert.
    Last edited by Gideon; 07-03-2014 at 01:28 PM.

vCash
    Can't wait to see him in the summer league. At the beginning of the 2013 draft analysis, many thought that he could drop to us - towards the end it was clear he would go significantly earlier than our pick. I'm glad we got him in the end. He's this years 1st rounder

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I feel like this kid has got lost in the shuffle in this trade. He was the 18th pick in last years draft and has a lot of potential. He' a speedy and athletic (44 inch max vert) PG who can really help us now and can be a big part of our future. He broke his ankle last year in the Summer League so was way behind when he returned mid-season. I think you can discount last seasons stats because he didn't return to form until the season was over. I just thought this kid deserved his own thread since we have one for the other players we acquired during the draft and Larkin is basically our 1st rounder this year.
    I went back and looked at his college Dxpress analysis and the kid is fast. John Wall fast in transition. He can shoot. Good passer. Can play on and off the ball.

If he can overcome his physical limitations to not be a liability on defense he could eventually be a starter. I think his floor is a highly effective change of pace guard off the bench (Barea), but he has the potential to be much better.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    We are actually going to have a pretty exciting Summer League team with Larkin, Hardaway Jr., Early, and Antetokoumpo. That is a very athletic 4 right there. Everyone has at least a 40 inch max vert. Actually except for Hardawy Jr who has a 37.5 max vert.
    That will be fun to watch!

It's all downhill from here.
    Might as well enjoy the ride.

vCash
    Good picku. He kinda reminds me of DJ Augustine but more athletic.

vCash
    Shane Larkin Mavericks 2014 Season Highlights: http://youtu.be/73Yl0GIw1RE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    Good picku. He kinda reminds me of DJ Augustine but more athletic.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. A much more athletic Augustin.

vCash
    Shane has the capabilities to being a very efficient player in the triangle, offensively he is very sound. What people knocked him about was only his height, there is no other severe deficiences in his game overall. If he was 6'1 or 6'2 he would have been a lottery player last season.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    That was a Hell Of a Throw in for you guys. You Probably found your PG for the Future.

PACERS SIM Lg GM

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast