Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

A year of trial by Fire

No negatives only positive.

See some post negative things on here including me and I am here to give a Speach.

This is the year that this team ignites a fire that will burn in the harts of our young players for the ages. In order to be the best you have to play the best. I do not see this team having one of the toughest schedules in the NFL as a bad thing it will only serve to make us stronger. We will surprise some teams this year its a given with the amount of the top teams we have to face we have too. We just have to do it. It will serve us well for the years to come. Make no mistake this year will be very hard and there is a good chance that we will not have a winning record but it only take a few wins against some of these great teams we will have to face to give us some confidence going forward. GO RAIDERS
    Last edited by Hot Darts; 07-05-2014 at 05:58 AM.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    A trial by fire??

Whew....for a minute I thought you was going to a documentary of Richard Pryor and freebase.....anutter whew.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    A trial by fire??

Whew....for a minute I thought you was going to a documentary of Richard Pryor and freebase.....anutter whew.....
    That's in very poor taste ... still laughing

vCash
    The past few years I was hopeful that we would be able to muster up a few W's in the win loss column, this year however, I think we'll turn some heads and win some of those close games that we just couldn't manage to win years prior do to not having enough talent and veteran football players with championship pedigree. I expect us to play for 4 full quarters which in essence should put us in position to win a few more games than most critics and sports analyst's are giving us credit for(can't blame them, since we've been putting a sorry product out on the field for well over a decade now).

I expect to see a well balanced attack on offense and an above average defense, special teams i can't really speak for cuz we still got some question marks in some areas but as for our kicker(Jano) I don't think he'll miss any crucial field goals this years and I think Marquette King will show improvement as well.

I've babbled on long enough, GO RAIDERS!
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
    That's in very poor taste ... still laughing
    Just for you my friend...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    A trial by fire??

Well I was drunk when I wrote it LOL

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Today`s Raider fan is content with 7 wins, when I was growing up a minimal of 11 wins was required with a deep playoff run. I can`t imagine the Raiders have recruited many new fans over the last decade, we`re a mess.

This regime needs to smarten up the Patriots, Colts and Ravens are consistently in post season action. With the addition of Denver locked into post season play only 2 spots remain available.

The Raiders could be several seasons from January football, some losing franchises struggle forever once they have sunk. Wake up time has sailed by and all the excuses have fizzled out, the time is now or we gotta punt lol.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Improve yearly

Build around a core of young draftees

Bring in smart, low risk free agents

Prosper

Wont happen in 1 year. Sure it *could happen... But it will not

This is a prototypical rebuilding year, and I am happy that we are even on the right track.

You have to crawl before you walk... And it is hard to crawl when big brother is kicking you in the ribs (manning/Denver)

We only make the playoffs through winning the division, and that mountain is too high for our crew.

I wanna see some fire, some growth, and some sound football being played.

It will not break my heart if we aren't in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Today`s Raider fan is content with 7 wins, when I was growing up a minimal of 11 wins was required with a deep playoff run. I can`t imagine the Raiders have recruited many new fans over the last decade, we`re a mess.

This regime needs to smarten up the Patriots, Colts and Ravens are consistently in post season action. With the addition of Denver locked into post season play only 2 spots remain available.

The Raiders could be several seasons from January football, some losing franchises struggle forever once they have sunk. Wake up time has sailed by and all the excuses have fizzled out, the time is now or we gotta punt lol.
    HUH? We aren't punting (i.e. giving up). You are correct in that some organizations continue to struggle once they have sunk. We saw a prime example of that here in Oaktown. We continued to do the same thing over and over and expected different results (definition of insanity). Well, we are doing things differently now and the results will be different, in time.

To expect immediate results, after having changed everything, is just silly. Raider fans are impatient, and rightfully so, but don't take it out on the new regime. They aren't responsible for the record-breaking futility we had to witness over the last decade+. Then who do we blame? Blame insanity, if you feel the need to blame!
    Last edited by LesterHayes; 07-05-2014 at 01:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Darts View Post
    Well I was drunk when I wrote it LOL

vCash
    Every year has its surprise team, that's what's kept me going during this rough stretch

My girl. Don't look at her.

STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE!

vCash
    On paper this team is better than the last 3 years. Let's hope the vets on this team lead the way. Now all we need is DMAC and MJD to get cranked up, and we just might be playing in January. I have a feeling!