vCash

Defense and the NFC West

Let's see...

Arizona D ranked...6
    St.Louis..15
    San Fran....5
    Seattle...1

That's an average of...6.3

I haven't done the work but I seriously doubt any other division comes close to that. I'm sure I'll find out of they do

So when playing in that division you need a QB who can motor, standing tall in the pocket isn't the way to go. You also come out of that division battle tested. That's why the last 3 seasons NFC West teams have been in the NFC title games and Superbowls. They are battle tested.

What the hell...I'll do the work.

NFC East

Dallas...32, I can stop right there.

NFC North

Chicago...30, why go any further?

NFC South

Atlanta...28

If ya add up the entire NFC West=27

AFC East

Buffalo...10
    Miami...21
    NE...26
    NYJ...11

No need to do any math.

AFC North

Baltimore...12
    Cinncy...3
    Cleveland...9
    Pitt...13

Not bad....9.1

AFC South

Houston..7
    Indy...20
    Seen enought

AFC West

Denver ..19
    KC...24
    Forget it.

The NFC by far the best division on defense, and I see no reason that should change in 2014. The team that wins that badass division did it the hard way.
    Last edited by CCRider; 07-03-2014 at 03:15 AM.

vCash
    So this is pretty neat I guess but it's nothing anybody didn't already know. And St Louis added serious defensive talent. They could pop into that top 10.

The NFC North is just gonna try to outscore you. There could be 3 top 10 (Chi, GB, Det) offenses there and another right there in the middle of the pack, when it's all said and done.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    St Louis will be even better this year. They had a lot of young/inexperienced talent. Aaron Donald and Lamarcus Joyner give them even more young talent on D. Their O line/running game should also be improved with Greg Robinson . I'm surprised they didn't go WR with their second (13th) pick though. Aaron Donald was the best player available and as far as WR's Beckham went at 12... I bet they wanted him. The main issue they have now is the passing game. Will Bradford step it up? Do they have the WR core to help Bradford out? They have the D in place.

Arizona, losing Washington for the season and losing Karlos Dansby (lead the team in tackles) will hurt their D. They brought in Ted Ginn and drafted the speedy John Brown so Palmer will have a couple more weapons. The 6-6 TE Niklas should also help. Arazona will need more offensive explosion and I think they'll get it.

vCash
    I'm very much looking forward to what Eagles/Chip Kelly can come up with against those defenses. Should be interesting. Cardinals last year already was a tight game.

vCash
    I doubt many divisions in the future will match the 2011 AFC North

Steelers: 1st
    Ravens: 3rd
    Bengals: 7th
    Browns: 10th

Average of 5.25

Using YPG because that's what OP did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    I doubt many divisions in the future will match the 2011 AFC North

Steelers: 1st
    Ravens: 3rd
    Bengals: 7th
    Browns: 10th

Average of 5.25

Using YPG because that's what OP did.
    The only AFC division with defensive talent.
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    The NFC West plays defense? Never knew that. Thanks

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawker562 View Post
    The only AFC division with defensive talent.
    Are you saying in general or if there was an All-Division team the D would have talent?

vCash
    I think a good running game + a good D will get you a lot further against the NFC West than a QB with speed ever would. For example, the 2005 Steelers would do well against them and obviously the 2000 Ravens.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Are you saying in general or if there was an All-Division team the D would have talent?
    I meant that most AFC teams are centered around their offense while their defense is average to below average. Aside from the North.

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    NFC West is the best division in the history of all sports ever.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    What happened to North > West? I know you're kidding but I'll play along.

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawker562 View Post
    I meant that most AFC teams are centered around their offense while their defense is average to below average. Aside from the North.
    Based on the numbers above of total D/points given up, it really doesn't support your argument all that much. 8 out of the top 15 for both statistics are from the AFC. Not a big discrepancy either way, but safe to say there's really not much evidence to support to say the AFC is average to below average and then act like the NFC is superior. This isn't to say there are some elite D's like Carolina, SF or Seattle, but as a collection, I'd say not so much.

Now the stat being used above for total D isn't really a good stat to determine the quality of a defense. For example, the Chiefs ranked tied for 5th in points and 24th in total yards given up. Both hold some credence, but points given up is the better stat if I had to choose. And then there's no consideration of injuries or even free agency arrivals and departures if we're projecting for this upcoming year. One could also argue that the strong offense in the AFC is going to skew things too. A lot of factors that make it not so black and white
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 07-03-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Why not go by ppg? The defenses main job is to stop the other team from scoring, I know it's great to have a mix of both like seattle, sf, etc. But ypg as the main thing? No
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Do you mean at this current time or throughout history?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast