Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,811
    vCash
    1500

    Islanders Sign Nikolai Kulemin (4 yrs/$16.75M) and Mikhail Grabovski (4 yrs/$20M)

    https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...39283663929345

    2 good versatile forwards that will help us with secondary scoring. Big fan of the moves.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,811
    vCash
    1500
    Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 7m
    NIkolai Kulemin's agent says that Evgeni Malkin wanted to play with his client "very badly." A deal couldn't be reached with #pens.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,811
    vCash
    1500
    Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 7m
    The Mikhail Grabovski and Nikolai Kulemin contracts with #NYI don't include no-trade clauses.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,393
    vCash
    1500
    Nice moves, but still was hoping for a better offseason. I like Grabovski though as a 2nd/3rd line guy.

    We still needed a top 4 defender and a 1st line winger and it doesn't seem likely to happen. We'll probably just sign a cheap veteran defender to a short contract and call it a day. Hopefully the young players step and and its enough to get back into the playoffs.

    I wonder how the lines shape up. Who is going to play on the first line with Tavares and Okposo? It could really be any of Grabs, Grabs (lol we got 2), Brock, or Bailey. Franz centers the 2nd line and Strome the 3rd line. But really, nothing is set in stone except Tavares and Okposo together on the 1st line and Franz centering the 2nd line.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ny
    Posts
    2,120
    vCash
    1500
    Love it
    We got this!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,811
    vCash
    1500
    Posted this in the other thread.

    Nelson-Tavares-Okposo
    Kulemin-Grabovski-Strome
    Lee-Nielsen-Grabner
    Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

    Scratch: Cory Conacher

    This lineup has twf on each of the three lines and size... Bailey is the odd-man out for me because we can dangle him for a d man.

    This is a solid group. McDonald needs to be waived because Conacher has produced with Stamkos & St Louis in the past.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ny
    Posts
    2,120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Posted this in the other thread.

    Nelson-Tavares-Okposo
    Kulemin-Grabovski-Strome
    Lee-Nielsen-Grabner
    Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

    Scratch: Cory Conacher

    This lineup has twf on each of the three lines and size... Bailey is the odd-man out for me because we can dangle him for a d man.

    This is a solid group. McDonald needs to be waived because Conacher has produced with Stamkos & St Louis in the past.

    Gotta tell me who we get for bailey.. Otherwise he will b in the lineup
    We got this!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,811
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jgthegame1982 View Post
    Gotta tell me who we get for bailey.. Otherwise he will b in the lineup
    I don't like Bailey so that's why we need to trade him for a d man.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,546
    vCash
    1500
    No doubt Bailey and or Grabner will be traded. Hopefully Bailey.

    I agree with your line K and Q, we'll see what Strome can do on the right.

    Disagree about McDonald. Keep him, no need to waive him, we can keep 14 forwards. McDonald can be the scratch for if a bottom 6 guy is out or needs a day or is struggling and Conacher can be the injury guy for the top 6 since he's more skilled.

    Roll with Reinhart, De Haan, Viz, Hamonic, Hickey on D. Try to deal Bailey and Donovan for a top 4 defenseman, add him to that group and keep Strait to be the 7th defenseman. Waive Carkner, if he goes unclaimed (Which he will) send him down or buy him out. We have one compliance buyout left, might as well not waste it.

    With Halak and Johnson in goal, we could have quite a team. A dynamic, deep offense, a top 10-15 goalie tandem, and a much improved, high potential defense


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,811
    vCash
    1500
    Imo, 19 yrs of being an Isles fan I have never seen a team with so much depth as it is right now. We've got pop on each lines.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,811
    vCash
    1500
    And one of my friends is a Leafs fan and he had nothing but good things to say about Kulemin & Grabovski. He said that place them on line 2 and give them a play maker and they will do work.

    I want Strome on line 2 because they will get him to play better.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,811
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    No doubt Bailey and or Grabner will be traded. Hopefully Bailey.

    I agree with your line K and Q, we'll see what Strome can do on the right.

    Disagree about McDonald. Keep him, no need to waive him, we can keep 14 forwards. McDonald can be the scratch for if a bottom 6 guy is out or needs a day or is struggling and Conacher can be the injury guy for the top 6 since he's more skilled.

    Roll with Reinhart, De Haan, Viz, Hamonic, Hickey on D. Try to deal Bailey and Donovan for a top 4 defenseman, add him to that group and keep Strait to be the 7th defenseman. Waive Carkner, if he goes unclaimed (Which he will) send him down or buy him out. We have one compliance buyout left, might as well not waste it.

    With Halak and Johnson in goal, we could have quite a team. A dynamic, deep offense, a top 10-15 goalie tandem, and a much improved, high potential defense
    I like Jeff Petry on the Oilers. Advanced stats say that he is one of there better defense men. Garth Snow should do a Bailey+ for Petry.

    RHD and a big shot.
    Last edited by KingsnQueens7; 07-03-2014 at 10:08 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,546
    vCash
    1500
    Not a huge fan of Petry but would''t mind, but we do need to get a solid top 4 defenseman. Look to a cap strapped team rather than a team like the Oilers. Chicago may unload a Hjalmarsson, wouldn't shock me. might take Bailey+Donovan back or something


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,811
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    No doubt Bailey and or Grabner will be traded. Hopefully Bailey.

    I agree with your line K and Q, we'll see what Strome can do on the right.

    Disagree about McDonald. Keep him, no need to waive him, we can keep 14 forwards. McDonald can be the scratch for if a bottom 6 guy is out or needs a day or is struggling and Conacher can be the injury guy for the top 6 since he's more skilled.

    Roll with Reinhart, De Haan, Viz, Hamonic, Hickey on D. Try to deal Bailey and Donovan for a top 4 defenseman, add him to that group and keep Strait to be the 7th defenseman. Waive Carkner, if he goes unclaimed (Which he will) send him down or buy him out. We have one compliance buyout left, might as well not waste it.

    With Halak and Johnson in goal, we could have quite a team. A dynamic, deep offense, a top 10-15 goalie tandem, and a much improved, high potential defense
    And if you look at 2010-11 when Mikhail Grabovski & Nik Kulemin set there career highs they had a playmaker in Clarke MacArthur. Strome could arguably be that guy again if he steps up and improves from last yr. I am really hoping we don't see a bad lineup because we don't know with Capuano.

    Can't find the tweet now but Capuano did say that Grabovski and Kulemin will be on the same line together.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,546
    vCash
    1500
    ^Saw that to. Looking forward to seeing them work some magic. Strome works there, as I think Nelson would too. ThinK Strome benefits NOT playing with Tavares. He was brought here to anchor his own line, not feed of JT, and he'll have that chance.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •