Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121

Thread: a losing regime

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,168
    vCash
    1500

    a losing regime

    Once again this regime has a losing record, one of the worse teams in baseball, another weak hitting offense, but nowhere do you see anyone's name being on the firing block, why, are they intent just to lose, what you do see is that our best player Daniel Murphy might be traded, why I for one am sick and tired of hearing how we our rebuilding what for 20 years, Funny how Phillips got us to a world series but as soon as we went down some, Fired!!!! Minaya had 4 winning teams in a row but as soon as we went down some Fired !!!!!!! THIS FREAKING REGIME KEEPS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE BUT THEY ALL SEEM TO KEEP THEIR JOBS why

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,984
    vCash
    1500
    The mets are oh so very close.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,993
    vCash
    1500
    AAA Las Vegas 51s have the best record in the PCL (50-35)
    AA Binghamton B-Mets are tied for the second best record in the Eastern league, (49-34)
    A+ St. Lucie Mets are tied for the second best record in the FSL, (48-32)
    A Savannah Sand Gnats are first in the SAL league, (53-26)
    Rookie Ball Brooklyn Cyclones are 2nd in their division (11-7)
    Kingsport Mets are (6-7), and the GCL Mets are (4-5), pretty much .500

    Its a feeder system. When every level is succeeding, the talent will make it to the ML level soon. If they suck after 2015 feel free to post this again. Until that time, I understand your anger, but this team is on the up-and-up.

    Also the Mets have already made it known that they're probably not going to be sellers, so Murphy will probably be around. As far as the firing block is concerned, Hudgens was fired.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,717
    vCash
    1500
    We need more Seth Smiths and Cesar Puellos, they are our only hope.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,805
    vCash
    1500
    Wally.

    Right Muscle?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,851
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    AAA Las Vegas 51s have the best record in the PCL (50-35)
    AA Binghamton B-Mets are tied for the second best record in the Eastern league, (49-34)
    A+ St. Lucie Mets are tied for the second best record in the FSL, (48-32)
    A Savannah Sand Gnats are first in the SAL league, (53-26)
    Rookie Ball Brooklyn Cyclones are 2nd in their division (11-7)
    Kingsport Mets are (6-7), and the GCL Mets are (4-5), pretty much .500

    Its a feeder system. When every level is succeeding, the talent will make it to the ML level soon. If they suck after 2015 feel free to post this again. Until that time, I understand your anger, but this team is on the up-and-up.

    Also the Mets have already made it known that they're probably not going to be sellers, so Murphy will probably be around. As far as the firing block is concerned, Hudgens was fired.
    I hope they are just being coy with the "not sellers" nonsense. This team is going nowhere and if they can get decent value for Colon they should jump on it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,993
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    I hope they are just being coy with the "not sellers" nonsense. This team is going nowhere and if they can get decent value for Colon they should jump on it.
    Why should we deal Colon? He's been good. Syndergaard AND Montero are not ready. And in my opinion both won't be the caliber of pitcher Colon is until next time this year at the earliest. I vote to keep Colon. I've said it before, but I want Harvey, Niese, Colon, Gee, and Wheeler manning my rotation next year. 5 guys that can throw 200 IP and pitch to a sub 3.5 ERA. That's our strength, so play to it.

    Go sign a LF and SS. If we have another bottom 10 record, even more incentive to do so.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    We need more Seth Smiths and Cesar Puellos, they are our only hope.
    Nah, more Chris Young's and Frank Francisco's is the right answer.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    I hope they are just being coy with the "not sellers" nonsense. This team is going nowhere and if they can get decent value for Colon they should jump on it.
    They will do what they done the last few years and try to get some good prospects for what ever bet they have and if they don't like what they are getting proposed then just stick it out and try to grind a few moar Winz since they rather win 74 games instead of winning 70.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,055
    vCash
    1500
    Alderson: Mets' talent better than record

    ATLANTA -- Sandy Alderson apparently does not subscribe to the sentiment that you are what your record says you are.

    Citing the fact the Mets have only been outscored by four runs this season, Alderson told CBSSports.com about the Mets being a season-worst 10 games under .500: "We kind of like our team. If you look at the run differential, we should be a .500 team. We're not. At the same time, it doesn't mean we should throw everyone overboard. ... We're not happy with our record by any means. We're thinking we have the potential to be better than our record."

    Alderson reiterated previous assertions that he cannot foresee trading Jonathon Niese, especially since the Mets lack other southpaws.

    "We like Jonathon. He's the only lefty in the rotation," Alderson told the web site. "We'd be hard-pressed to trade Niese."

    Alderson added that the overall direction the Mets take before the July 31 trade deadline will be dictated by what happens in the next 10 to 12 days.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...er-than-record

    Alderson knows.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,851
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Why should we deal Colon? He's been good. Syndergaard AND Montero are not ready. And in my opinion both won't be the caliber of pitcher Colon is until next time this year at the earliest. I vote to keep Colon. I've said it before, but I want Harvey, Niese, Colon, Gee, and Wheeler manning my rotation next year. 5 guys that can throw 200 IP and pitch to a sub 3.5 ERA. That's our strength, so play to it.

    Go sign a LF and SS. If we have another bottom 10 record, even more incentive to do so.
    Because the Mets are going nowhere this year and next year he'll be 42 making $11M. There is a good chance this will be his peak value.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    ATLANTA -- Sandy Alderson apparently does not subscribe to the sentiment that you are what your record says you are.
    Too bad the rest of the business world doesn't subscribe to SA's perceptions.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Alderson: Mets' talent better than record



    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...er-than-record

    Alderson knows.
    ATLANTA -- Sandy Alderson apparently does not subscribe to the sentiment that you are what your record says you are.
    LOL, yeah, there's a big surprise.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,495
    vCash
    1500
    Maybe instead of declaring a winner after 9 innings each day we should let teams play 162, 9 inning tests.

    Then we can add up the runs for and against for each team at the end of the season, and the top 4 from each league get into the playoffs.

    Then in the playoffs we just let each team play a total of 21 tests (of 9 innings each), and whoever has the best differential after 21 games (once the runs are properly counted and recounted of course) can be declared the World Series winner.

    They can celebrate with wine and cheese once an independent third party can confirm the results.
    Go Grab My Belt

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,055
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Maybe instead of declaring a winner after 9 innings each day we should let teams play 162, 9 inning tests.

    Then we can add up the runs for and against for each team at the end of the season, and the top 4 from each league get into the playoffs.

    Then in the playoffs we just let each team play a total of 21 tests (of 9 innings each), and whoever has the best differential after 21 games (once the runs are properly counted and recounted of course) can be declared the World Series winner.

    They can celebrate with wine and cheese once an independent third party can confirm the results.
    Quite good.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •