Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 2nd Half Bold Predictions Thread

With the middle of the season coming up, I thought it would be fun to give our bold predictions for the 2nd half of the season. This could be anything dealing with Cubs (team, individuals, minors, etc.). Would be fun to revisit this at the end of the year.

I'll start it off with a few:

1. Rizzo will end up with the 3rd best OPS in the NL.

2. Arismendy Alcantara will come up in mid July and maintain a .750 OPS over the last two and a half months.

3. If Jeff Samardzija somehow remains apart of the club, we will end the season less than 10 games under .500.

Fire Away!

vCash
    We will finish the year at .500 +/- 3 games

We will finish in the top 5 in bullpen ERA (I have a $20 bet on this prediction with my brother who is a Cardinals fan... We are 7th right now and making a strong push)
    The Future...
    Is Bright!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsFan/Realist View Post

We will finish in the top 5 in bullpen ERA (I have a $20 bet on this prediction with my brother who is a Cardinals fan... We are 7th right now and making a strong push)
    I like that haha. I think that would be possible only if we became buyers at the deadline. For that to happen we would have to go something like 18-6 from now to the trade deadline. You never know...fingers crossed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    I like that haha. I think that would be possible only if we became buyers at the deadline. For that to happen we would have to go something like 18-6 from now to the trade deadline. You never know...fingers crossed.
    Plenty of season left to hit that mark... Especially if alcantara can come up and be productive.

I like the bullpen bet... I think we could make that mark easy.

My bet will be..... Castro will end the season with 20 or less errors... For the first time in his career

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Plenty of season left to hit that mark... Especially if alcantara can come up and be productive.

I like the bullpen bet... I think we could make that mark easy.

My bet will be..... Castro will end the season with 20 or less errors... For the first time in his career
    Agreed, the bullpen is really coming into its own and really has nobody that makes you completely cringe when they come in. We have a NASTY back end of the bullpen with Ramirez, Rondon, and Strop (when they have their command)
    The Future...
    Is Bright!!

vCash
    Castro walks above 7% of the time.

vCash

If you take out Veras' innings I think you win that easy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackoman1 View Post
    I agree.... I made this bet at the beginning of the season, Veras blew up and I never heard the end of it. I haven't told my brother that they are currently in 7th and closing the gap like crazy now that Veras is gone and everyone has more of a roll... I can't wait for them to get in the top 5 and then I can nonchalantly shoot him a text with the link to the updated bullpen ERA standings!

I also forgot to mention, part of the deal too is the loser has to wear the other teams shirt and hat on a day of our choosing... I will probably choose Thanksgiving or something to get the full "I told you so" effect! hahahahahahahaha (Note: I won't feel bad at all because he was a Cubs fan converted Cardinals fan around 2007ish, whenever they lost to the Red Sox the first time)
    The Future...
    Is Bright!!

vCash
    Mike Olt will hit 25 home runs
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackoman1 View Post

Add in Vizcaino and you should win that easily.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Mike Olt will hit above .200....in Iowa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drumr470 View Post
    Mike Olt will hit above .200....in Iowa
    That actually would qualify as a 'Bold' prediction seeing how he has never reached that lofty standard since leaving AA ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    That actually would qualify as a 'Bold' prediction seeing how he has never reached that lofty standard since leaving AA ball.
    Precisely why I made it

vCash
    Cubs win the WS.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Rizzo hits 40 home runs, Castro hits 25

IDGAF

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast