Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Hawks sign Brad Richards, 1-year/$2M.

Per Darren Dreger. **** yea!

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    I like this deal. I said before that Richards wouldn't be my top option, but with the salary cap restrictions the Blackhawks have...I like it. He will be a stop gap at 2C, would give TT some more time to develop, and the 1 year at 2mil is a pretty good deal.

vCash
    Nice, I like it!

vCash
    I love it. Stop gap at 2C that can still play pretty effectively there while Teuvo develops, probably on the third line.

vCash
    I really like this deal. He's 34, he's a stop gap, but we absolutely the best bargain for our buck. He'll have talent to play with. If we can get 50-60 points out of him, then we've made a huge upgrade to the position. Well done, Stan!

vCash
    I love the move. He can still play and he's motivated to earn another big contract.

vCash
    I'm not the most knowledgeable hockey fan around I'll admit, but he seems to be a steady 50-60 point guy. That should be a substantial improvement from Handzus. I know plus/minus is flawed, but is there some reason to be concerned about that stat in regard to Richards?

vCash

Nice move!
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Wasn't expecting this but I like it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I'm not the most knowledgeable hockey fan around I'll admit, but he seems to be a steady 50-60 point guy. That should be a substantial improvement from Handzus. I know plus/minus is flawed, but is there some reason to be concerned about that stat in regard to Richards?
    I don't think so. Last year he fell out of favor and was moved around a lot and still got 51 points. He's a good possession player. I wouldn't be concerned about it.

vCash
    Toews and Hossa are two of the best defensive forwards in the game. Sharp and Saad are both responsible defensively. The top two lines are incredibly well-balanced. This is what I'd like to see:

Saad / Toews / Kane
    Sharp / Richards / Hossa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Toews and Hossa are two of the best defensive forwards in the game. Sharp and Saad are both responsible defensively. The top two lines are incredibly well-balanced. This is what I'd like to see:

Saad / Toews / Kane
    Sharp / Richards / Hossa
    You can mix and match quite a bit there with the wingers. Super helpful come playoff time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post

Saad / Toews / Kane
    Sharp / Richards / Hossa
    at the price and yrs really like Richards signing. kinda like the lines we had in playoffs though. so i would go with
    Bickell / Toews / Hossa
    Saad / Shaw / Kane
    Sharp / Richards / Morin
    Regin / Kruger / Smith

vCash

Don't understand how some of you think Ben smith is anything below a third line center still.. Played his way into that third line and I think he's there to stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Don't understand how some of you think Ben smith is anything below a third line center still.. Played his way into that third line and I think he's there to stay.
    It'd just be really difficult for him to crack it with how much talent we have on the top three lines. Hell, I think Teuvo is gonna be the 3C so he can get his feet wet. I think Smitty could play winger on the third line as well, doesn't have to be center.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast