Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Celtics Free Agency Thread

Let the rumors and signing updates begin.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celti...-out-to-thomas

Celtics called Isaiah Thomas immediately after FA began....Sacramento S&T Thomas in return for Rondo?

vCash
    Not really interested in Thomas...mostly because of his size.
    Last edited by CELTICS4LYFE; 07-01-2014 at 07:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    He did average 20 and 6 last season...

With that said, I'd rather see Smart develop into the C's starting PG...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Clippers interested in pierce, making the nets slowly worse is a good thing

vCash
    Pierce is toast, Brooklyn could easily replace his production in free agency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    He did average 20 and 6 last season...

With that said, I'd rather see Smart develop into the C's starting PG...
    The numbers are there no doubt

The question of the day is who is Kent Bazemore? lol Recieved a personal call from Stevens....

vCash
    Even with Smart here Thomas would be a great fit IMO. It gives us a quality scorer off the bench. And Smart can play SG. We've all talked about how he doesn't fit with Rondo but the issue isn't that Smart can't play the 2. The problem is that floor spacing with those 2 would be an issue. Thomas has a quality outside shot so that isn't an issue.

The fact that they called him so early tells me they're planning on Rondo not being here long term. Either that or they are planning to trade Smart but I don't think that's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    The numbers are there no doubt

The question of the day is who is Kent Bazemore? lol Recieved a personal call from Stevens....
    Bazemore was a bench warming SG with the Warriors. Traded to LAL last year and had some mild shooting success in Dantoni's system. He's building a reputation as an energy guy, has a few block highlights you can google. I'm guessing if Steven's called him it's about his reputation as a hustle guy more than his offense. Also he'd be way cheaper than Bayless.

vCash
    In addition to Bazemore and Thomas, the Celtics also reached out to Jordan Hill last night. However, I read he's looking for a long deal. Also, Philly contacted Bradley. They have a ton of cap room and need to spend a good chunk of it to get to the salary floor so that's dangerous that they're talking to him.

What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.

Trill Team

vCash
    I hope we don't spend money on Hill -_-

vCash
    I hope we don't spend too much money on Hill. Like I've been saying, getting a body we can throw in there at C is important to the development of Sully and KO.

Trill Team

vCash
    Pistons reportedly offered Thomas 3 years $24 million so that's the market we're looking at for him.

Trill Team

vCash
    Just read we contacted 30 players so far 0_o

Including Parsons n Haywood amongst names already mentioned

vCash
    Just read we contacted 30 players so far 0_o

Including Parsons n Haywood amongst names already mentioned
    Haywood or Hayward...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    I gotta say, I'm really intrigued with the though of bringing Thomas here. This is a guy that averaged 20 points a game last year on 45% shooting to go with 6 assists. That's pretty solid. I think he'd be an awesome addition to our guard rotation for the long term. He's young (24) so he fits right in with our youth movement. His outside shooting would be better than any of our proven SGs on the roster. I think he can definitely play with Smart in a 2 PG lineup. Him and Bradley would be an undersized backcourt but I still think they can play together. It's not like Bradley can't defend SGs. I just really, really like that fit. I hope we can work out a S&T involving Rondo. To be honest, I might even do it straight up with nothing else coming back (SAC has to include an expiring player to match Rondo's salary because Thomas will only get about $8 mil/year). Rondo's trade value just isn't all that high. At this point, it looks like we're just gonna lose him for nothing next year. Might as well get a piece that can be a part of the long term future, even if it's not nearly the (unrealistic) value a lot of fans have on Rondo.

Trill Team

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast