Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If there was one NHL player from the past you could bring back who would it be?

I'm a huge Bobby Orr fan so he was my first instinct but I think I'm going to go with former NY Ranger Pavel Bure. Yeah I know he also played a few games for the Canucks and Panthers, lol. Man this guy was magical to watch. It is a shame that such greatness got taken away from the game so early.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktbhTbc1pAo

vCash
    Bure? What? No Ed Johnstone?

Well, for the Rangers i have to go with the layup and say Messier. Bourque would likely be the other. The Russian Rocket was amazing though.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Bure? What? No Ed Johnstone?

Well, for the Rangers i have to go with the layup and say Messier. Bourque would likely be the other. The Russian Rocket was amazing though.
    Non Ranger fans might not appreciate Eddie's greatness as much as you do.

Ray Bourque was great as well but I'm thinking mostly from a entertainment point of view when I pick Bure. Seemed like every goal he scored was a highlight reel goal. The Canucks were spoiled to have him during his prime.

If I was only thinking NY Rangers guys like Reijo, Murdoch, Ulf (Nilson), and Leetch would come to mind because they were fun to watch.
    Last edited by SLY WILLIAMS; 06-30-2014 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    First thought was Mario Lemieux, easily the most naturally gifted ever IMO. Second thought was Bure though. He was the best pure goal scorer and most exciting play to watch in history. For some reason my third thought was Doug Gilmoure. Amazing guy to watch. Joe Sakic, I could go on forever lol.

vCash
    Bure is a good one. I'd have to go with Gretzky though. How can you not go with the best player of all time. Barry Beck would look good on the Rangers blueline though.

vCash
    Wendel Clark

vCash
    Gretz, Sakic, Beck are all good choices. Just depends what you are looking for. Mario and Bossy would be great choices as well. I'm not thinking so much about my team though. I'm more thinking about to bring back more excitement to the NHL.

Some NY Ranger fans were upset when we traded for Bure. I'm upset that we did not trade for him sooner. Can you imagine how cool it must have been for fans to watch that guy night in and night out? As great as Crosby is even he does not come close to being as exciting a player.

vCash
    There was more creativity back then. Players could express themselves more on the ice and thus we connected with them better. It's all so mechanical now. I miss watching Al MacInnes, Yzerman, Hasek, CuJo, Primeau, Blake, Forsberg, Hextall. So many great players.

vCash
    Considering my team hasn't had a ton of finesse, i've always like the brawn and thse forwards which crash the net. Loved Roenick but i were to pick fom strictly from an entertainment P.O.V., i'd take Lindros.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Gilmour. Amazing how the guy played houseleague most of his life.

vCash
    Nick Lidstrom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Considering my team hasn't had a ton of finesse, i've always like the brawn and thse forwards which crash the net. Loved Roenick but i were to pick fom strictly from an entertainment P.O.V., i'd take Lindros.
    Prime Tkachuk was good for 50g and 200 Pim, so good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Gilmour. Amazing how the guy played houseleague most of his life.
    There was something about Gilmoure that was irresistible to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Nick Lidstrom.
    Yes and yes.

vCash
    Konstantinov and Stevens in the league at the same time was awesome. Adam Oates in his prime. Brett Hull. Joe Niewendyke. Many will hate this but Claude Lemieux was a pretty special player. Coincidently Dino Cicarelli.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast