Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What should we be talking about, that we aren't?

In concern to GB...since we have no threads, this is my attempt.

Anything been on your mind that hasn't been discussed much?
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

vCash
    Dam Capers' contract. Someone has to know SOMETHING that most of us don't.

Shoot man, idk. Where do you see the Packers 5 years from now? Will TT and MM still be around? Or will there be a change whether its because of under performing or cause TT will retire and a new GM will change things up? Seems like we always live in the moment but fail to realize things could be a bit different in the upcoming years with players, coaches, FO.

vCash
    The capers thing bothers me because it's like they're trying to sweep it under the rug.

vCash
    Even though week 1 doesn't decide whether you make the playoffs or not it will definitely show where we are at as a football team. A win could be huge for our confidence and to show the rest of the NFL that the Packers are back to SB form. Can't wait.

vCash
    How about Crosby. I think a couple misses and he could lose it again.

Also who are we thinking for kick returns as it stands

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    How about Crosby. I think a couple misses and he could lose it again.

Also who are we thinking for kick returns as it stands
    I still don't trust Crosby TBH but until he ****s up again we will be stuck with him for a while. Glad he restructured his contract last year though.

Kick returns hmmmmmm, Maybe Harris? Or maybe a guy like Abby or Harper? Idk

vCash
    Harris seems like a kick returner

vCash
    Tough thread...can't recall much that hasn't been discussed.

Dom isn't going anywhere - he must have dirt on TT and McCarthy. To me, win or lose week 1, I don't really care as long as the defense doesn't get punked.

Since I listened to a recent interview with Kevin Greene...how good a coach do you think Greene was? Might be tough to tell, either Ted didn't give him **** to work with or Greene was simply a cheerleader type and not great a development.

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    Harris will be the KR, book it.
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    I am really looking forward to week 13 as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Before4 View Post
    Tough thread...can't recall much that hasn't been discussed.

Dom isn't going anywhere - he must have dirt on TT and McCarthy. To me, win or lose week 1, I don't really care as long as the defense doesn't get punked.

Since I listened to a recent interview with Kevin Greene...how good a coach do you think Greene was? Might be tough to tell, either Ted didn't give him **** to work with or Greene was simply a cheerleader type and not great a development.
    I don't get the impression that Greene was a particularly good coach. I'm still of the opinion that he was "counseled out," and didn't really just up and leave to get more time with his family.

vCash
    Since theres really not much to talk about until the pads go on, somebody riddle me this... The defense peaked in 2010 with injuries and backups all over the place, to the point of street free agents being signed in the middle of the week and then having to play on Sunday. Howard Green was in a hotel banquet room with the DL coach into the wee hours of the night to be able to learn his assignments in a pinch.

The next year, the defense is healthy but they're absolutely abysmal from the get go. You could see it in pre season.

So, I'm curious what the possible answers are, with one stipulation. Nick Collins is absolutely not an excuse. The defense got absolutely destroyed by both NO and CAR in what were essentially two full games that he played, and it wasn't any worse thereafter. Additionally, like I said before, you could tell even in pre season that there was something just not quite right on D.

So, what was it? Was it the loss of Cullen Jenkins? Were the defensive players and coaches arrogant and just no push themselves? Did the defense just wildly over achieve in 2010 and using that as reference point is unrealistic?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Since theres really not much to talk about until the pads go on, somebody riddle me this... The defense peaked in 2010 with injuries and backups all over the place, to the point of street free agents being signed in the middle of the week and then having to play on Sunday. Howard Green was in a hotel banquet room with the DL coach into the wee hours of the night to be able to learn his assignments in a pinch.

The next year, the defense is healthy but they're absolutely abysmal from the get go. You could see it in pre season.

So, I'm curious what the possible answers are, with one stipulation. Nick Collins is absolutely not an excuse. The defense got absolutely destroyed by both NO and CAR in what were essentially two full games that he played, and it wasn't any worse thereafter. Additionally, like I said before, you could tell even in pre season that there was something just not quite right on D.

So, what was it? Was it the loss of Cullen Jenkins? Were the defensive players and coaches arrogant and just no push themselves? Did the defense just wildly over achieve in 2010 and using that as reference point is unrealistic?
    I don't know the right answer. The loss of Collins did hurt even if we got destroyed with him playing. We haven't replaced him yet. The loss of Jenkins hurt us too, he was a beast on the DL.

The biggest thing is that 2010 was our first year of the 3-4 and teams didn't have much tape on us running in that system. I think teams just figured it out and Capers failed at making the proper adjustments.

Like i said, i don't know what the right answer is. We've had a lot of injuries and i think Capers' scheme just got old fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I am really looking forward to week 13 as well.
    I'm looking forward to the Superbowl
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    I want training camp to start now dammit.
    the packers have so much talent...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast