Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Free Agency News/discussion thread

Instead of having numerous threads about every free agent, maybe we can post them all in one spot, until a player actually signs with a team.

Report: Rockets to focus on Bosh, Kyle Lowry if Melo pitch fails

The Houston Rockets will turn their free-agency attention to Chris Bosh and Kyle Lowry if they are not successful with their pitch to Carmelo Anthony, according to Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle.
    The top priority if unable to land one of the top two targets would shift to Miami forward Chris Bosh if things change and the Heat power trio breaks up. But Bosh seems determined to remain in Miami. The Rockets are expected to take a run at their former point guard Kyle Lowry, though the Raptors hope to reach agreement to keep him before the Rockets or other teams would have a chance to know where they stand with their initial targets.
    Bosh would be a fantastic fit for a Houston team that badly needs what he brings. The Rockets tried various stretch-four options last season, but always had to sacrifice defense for shooting. Bosh is elite at defending the pick-and-roll, and likely would get a bit of relief playing next to Dwight Howard instead of serving as the back line of the Miami Heat defense. As much as it makes sense, basketball-wise, Bosh has been open about how comfortable he is in Miami. The likelihood of him leaving seems low.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...lo-pitch-fails

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Sean Deveney ✔ @SeanDeveney
    Follow
    Source says 4 or 5 suitors for Jordan Hill, inc @HoustonRockets, @dallasmavs. Not ruling out @Lakers return. Will take time. Wants long deal
    8:53 PM - 30 Jun 2014

How do you embed tweets?
    Last edited by Dade County; 06-30-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Enjoy Haters

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    2 hrs away

vCash
    Good idea. Any news, signings, trades, etc. that aren't major or noteworthy, please put them in here so we don't have the forum clogged up. The transactions involving big players may have their own thread.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    @ESPNSteinLine: And the Orlando Magic are another team said to possess Greg Monroe interest
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Above all else, Greg Monroe is the one guy I least want the Magic throwing money at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Above all else, Greg Monroe is the one guy I least want the Magic throwing money at.
    Pistons fans hope Magic are interested, they have the assets for a S&T

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    Pistons fans hope Magic are interested, they have the assets for a S&T
    We don't need to S&T for him. But yeah, I guess you could threaten to match unless we do offer something...if that's even a thing.

But I can't imagine the front office would sign Monroe for the huge contract he'll command in addition to offering up a useful asset. Not with Vucevic on board.

vCash
    Wonder if anything happens by morning

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Instead of having numerous threads about every free agent, maybe we can post them all in one spot, until a player actually signs with a team.
    Good call on the thread idea.

Regarding you post, I think Houston will be too late on Bosh and Lowry should Melo bolt.

vCash
    We don't need to S&T for him. But yeah, I guess you could threaten to match unless we do offer something...if that's even a thing.

But I can't imagine the front office would sign Monroe for the huge contract he'll command in addition to offering up a useful asset. Not with Vucevic on board.
    That's what the Suns did when Joe Johnson was restricted. We ended up getting Diaw and Robin Lopez (as a future first).

(Fun fact: The year before Phoenix cashed in the Atlanta pick, it was top 3 protected (I believe). Had Atlanta gotten the 4th selection, Phoenix was expected to take Noah. Instead, the Hawks got the 3rd and wound up with Horford I believe it was. A year later the Suns got Atlanta's pick and selected Lopez. I could be off by a pick or two but Phoenix would have had Noah regardless.)

vCash

Free Agency News

Gasol meeting with Thunder, Bulls and warriors

vCash
    Do you not like him as a player, or do you not like the role he would play given the players on your roster?

vCash
    A lot of teams are interested in Monroe....being a Pistons fan I just want something in return, anything that isn't a bad contract

vCash
    Jason Lloyd @JasonLloydABJ 17m
    Interesting to hear Deng's name connected to Heat. #Cavs once considered Deng a key piece to get LBJ here. But without Bosh & Wade of course

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria about 12 minutes ago
    Source confirms to @SNYtv that Lionel Hollins will meet Tuesday or Wed with the Nets, saying he is a "major player" for the job.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz36BQFRkPU

Enjoy Haters

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast