Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The 100 million dollar man.

Rondo is "rumored" to have ask for $100 million from the Celtics..........should they do it?

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/b...lion-contract/

vCash
    Goodbye Rondo.
    Boston Sports!!

vCash
    No.

I'd go no more than 14 million and that is only if we have the correct team around him. For example if land Greg Monroe, Melo and Kevin Love and Rondo is the 4th guy we need then Id give him 14 million...BTW...I realize that is a pipe dream etc...

I believe he will be traded before the deadline next year...if not this summer.

Only way I'd give him 20 million a year is if Lebron or Kevin Durant agreed to come here and wanted Rondo to be here. Highly unlikely

14 million on "the right situation"
    El Presidente

vCash
    Idk I remember an interview at the end of the season and he was asked if he wanted a max contract n he said he was already on a max deal....I'd expect him to want a little more than he's making now but I highly doubt that this rumor is true. How many people are making $20m a season now??

vCash
    That is too funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Idk I remember an interview at the end of the season and he was asked if he wanted a max contract n he said he was already on a max deal....I'd expect him to want a little more than he's making now but I highly doubt that this rumor is true. How many people are making $20m a season now??
    agreed. Chris Paul is making $20M/yr, and is overpaid - as great as he is. There's only 1 player I'd even consider using a third of my team's salary cap on: LeBron.

this myth is BUSTED!

vCash
    The Cavaliers reportedly have offered PG Kyrie Irving a 4/5yr $90mil deal

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...ract-extension

vCash
    This is exactly why Danny drafted Marcus Smart. A cost controlled PG for the next 5 years is what we need. Plus Smart is a stud prospect. You think he was really going to pay Ronda max money? No way. He knew it, Rondo knew it, we knew it.
    Rondo is as good as gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    This is exactly why Danny drafted Marcus Smart. A cost controlled PG for the next 5 years is what we need. Plus Smart is a stud prospect. You think he was really going to pay Ronda max money? No way. He knew it, Rondo knew it, we knew it.
    Rondo is as good as gone.
    Yep - and Isaiah Thomas knows it to

vCash
    Thomas is only coming here if we S/T for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Thomas is only coming here if we S/T for him
    If the Celtics let Bogans go we have about $57 million committed in salary. That factors in cap holds for rookies and Bradley. So we technically could give him a year 1 salary of about $6.3 million without making any other moves. That's about what I've read is the range he's looking at. So we could sign him and then deal Rondo in a separate deal (since he wouldn't sign here unless we were trading Rondo).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    I fully expect him to get offers of 7-8, and Sacramento would just match anything reasonable if they dont have a fallback plan.

vCash

We could trade rondo to sac for it2 on an s and t and sac could include a first founder for 2015 or mclemore.
    El Presidente

vCash

Sac may not view IT2 as an 8 million a year player.

Rondo, gay and Cousins should be a playoff team.
    El Presidente

vCash
    SAC has a future pick going to CHI so I'm not sure how that affects what they can offer back in a trade. If Ainge is telling the truth about Bradley being a part of the future I'm not sure how McLemore fits in.

Smart/Thomas
    Bradley/McLemore

That could work but it pretty much means James Young is only going to play SF here and get no time at SG. Too much depth is a good problem to have though so I wouldn't mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast