Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Jameer Nelson Waived

Figured, considering how long he's been with the team, this was thread-worthy.

http://ht.ly/yCB7i

He's my second favorite Magic player ever. I actually really didn't expect this to happen. Not with the inexperience and cap space galore.

Surprisingly bummed.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    7years late. Naw in all seriousness, thank to him for his community work and decade plus of service. I hope his goes to Miami or OKC
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    I'm really bummed about the news. Can't say he was one of my favorite Magic players, but the rumored confrontation with Dwight in the locker room won me over. He's been nothing but class.

I don't know what motives he had in terms of wanting to win a championship and all of that good stuff, but I would have loved to see him in Blue and Black for the rest of his career. He's been the definition of this team for a while now, and it's sad to see him go. Wish him nothing but the best.

vCash
    Bound to happen eventually. He's going to have to ride a contender now to get a ring. His days in the league are numbered. Pacers could be a nice fit for him.
    Surprisingly bummed is exactly how I feel, but at least that means seeing more of the young guys.

vCash
    I have to say this news makes me a little sad...

Thanks to "The pride of Chester PA"

vCash
    Don't really care as much but I am surprised he was waived. I expected him to retire in a Magic uni.

vCash
    Wow, was not expecting this. Not sure if the Magic are just trying to save money, or going the Philly route for cutting/trading whatever talent we have. I guess this is also good news that Elfrid will be the starting PG by default. No need to battle with Nelson/have him be uncomfortable with taking a seat because of a rookie.

Good luck to Nelson, at least we will be able to see him with a playoff contender, hopefully.

vCash
    I didn't even know this till now, we added Willie Green?

Orlando already has made a move to add some age to the roster: adding 32-year-old guard Willie Green off waivers. Green most recently played for the Los Angeles Clippers.

vCash
    I'm not mad we cut Nelson I'm just very surprised. I wouldn't have mind keeping him to groom Payton and also just to have that true magic player veteran who wanted to be here on the team.

I also kind of thought he was more of an asset to just cut him with his contract only being half guaranteed why cut him now? Maybe they could have traded Him at the deadline for something? Makes me wonder why we're clearing all this cap now, like supe said either there really trying to tank bad or they're planning to go and sign people which I just don't see happening

vCash
    This was also in the article.

The Magic may seek to add a veteran point guard. Possibilities include Darren Collison and combo guard Rodney Stuckey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrAv=MaGiCfReAk View Post
    I'm not mad we cut Nelson I'm just very surprised. I wouldn't have mind keeping him to groom Payton and also just to have that true magic player veteran who wanted to be here on the team.

I also kind of thought he was more of an asset to just cut him with his contract only being half guaranteed why cut him now? Maybe they could have traded Him at the deadline for something? Makes me wonder why we're clearing all this cap now, like supe said either there really trying to tank bad or they're planning to go and sign people which I just don't see happening
    As time goes by, I think I will like these moves even more, we will see. Last season we had to have Oladipo play in the shadows of AA. After this draft, we have now been able to add a young player in all 5 positions. This might be the ultimate win-win situation.

1. We will be able to evaluate just how good our young players are.
    2. As long as there aren't any crazy surprises (like the Suns last year), this will more than likely guarantee us another top 5 pick in the draft.

vCash
    But will we ?

Bringing in Willie green? And maybe stuckey ?

Won't that take away our rookies playing times?

Those pick ups don't make sense to me

vCash
    I don't mind bringing in an upgrade at the point. Honestly, playing with better players probably makes things easy for these guys. Takes some pressure off them. Maybe gets them better looks, more into rhythm and so on. I don't think we need Payton playing 35 minutes a game, for example. An upgrade over Nelson to run the point for 20-25 minutes a game is fine with me.

Willie Green was a weird pick up. Ultimately it's inconsequential and he's just the 12th/13th guy off the bench. Gotta have those, and one with experience and a decent record of leadership doesn't hurt.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Yeah he replaces afflalo's veteran presence, professionalism, and shooting. Not a bad signing IMO.

vCash
    I don't agree with the notion that this move is going to make us take a step back. Don't expect a top pick in this next draft, guys. Just because our younger guys will be getting more of the minutes doesn't mean we'll get worse. Assuming these guys are actually developing, a run at the postseason in the weak Eastern Conference is a very real possibility.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast