Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,273
    vCash
    1500

    Which of the "leading candidates" do you want and why??

    Lionel Hollins or Byron Scott...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,779
    vCash
    1500
    I like Hollins personally after watching him here in Memphis for years. But I'm not exactly enamored with either. I don't see either one as a long term answer
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu






  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,273
    vCash
    1500
    I understand boss. I'd kinda prefer Hollins as well. For some reason, I think Byron Scott will be a not so great hire if he's brought in. What guy in your opinion out there gives us the best chance to win immediately??

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,347
    vCash
    1500
    who cares... the team is gonna suck, the FO sucks, so the Head Coach might as well suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by majmarcus View Post
    I understand boss. I'd kinda prefer Hollins as well. For some reason, I think Byron Scott will be a not so great hire if he's brought in. What guy in your opinion out there gives us the best chance to win immediately??
    That's the question and i honestly have no idea. If they had the right personnel I'd say coach K could take them all the way but he's not realistic. LA is a unique spot and requires a unique coach to be successful. I don't think any of the names we've been hearing fit that description. They're mostly washed up and recycled coaches.
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu






  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    26,634
    vCash
    1500
    I really wanted Fisher, i think we missed out, i know FO wanted experience but I'd rather have talent over experience. Fisher ALWAYS makes the locker room better, all 5 of kobe's rings came with Fisher as his PG, no coincidence and look how he helped hold the Thunder together.

    In all that...I'd rather have Hollins, i think he'd play a style of basketball the will benefit the type of players that we have/want to bring back. Also found this and i think it speaks volumes

    Think about it. If we really want to bring Pau back and Marc speaks highly of him, i'm sure his brother knows about it from Marc, so it will help to convince Pau to come back, maybe on the cheap if hes with a coach that he knows will use him similar to how he used his brother and Randolph.

    Conley was under a lot of pressure his first few years in the NBA. A lot of people didn't have much faith in him and the Grizzlies took a look of heat for picking him. How did he deal with that kind of pressure?

    Marc Gasol: It was hard, it was hard. But when Lionel (Hollins) came, he changed our mindset. He protected his players and said, "Hey, let's get to work, do things right and try to win games." And when you win games, people forget if this guy or that guy was a good pick or not. Mike Conley learned to work in that situation, to improve and use the pressure as motivation. Then, as you get older, you don't care as much about what people say.

    Do you think Lionel Hollins has given this team extra wins?

    Marc Gasol: Yes, yes, yes. No doubt about it. One of the reasons why we've had success, won playoff games and came close to playing the conference finals is Lionel's mentality. He's a top-notch coach in the NBA. Obviously he's also learning on the job, but he's a very reasonable, honest and hard-working coach.

    - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/interviews/sier....rlbrDLHV.dpuf

    This is how we do it! I still believe



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    698
    vCash
    1500
    How many of these "Who do you want for coach?" threads are we going to have?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    5,912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPurpleGold View Post
    How many of these "Who do you want for coach?" threads are we going to have?
    Hold on, I'll go start the last one

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,394
    vCash
    1500
    I surprised we have not talked to Jerry Sloan. Dude was one of the best and i heard he wants back. George Karl would be nice as well.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    698
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Hold on, I'll go start the last one
    Good! lol.

    My guess? Somebody didn't like that most of the responses in previous posts are for Scott. Perhaps they want Hollins and believe that by limiting the nature of the question, they steer the outcome more effectively.

    Just a guess.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    26,634
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPurpleGold View Post
    How many of these "Who do you want for coach?" threads are we going to have?
    until we get a coach!

    This is how we do it! I still believe



  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    9,940
    vCash
    1500
    Hollins goes to Brooklyn while the Lakers remain indecisive imo.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles Ca
    Posts
    6,059
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaInstinct24 View Post
    I like Hollins personally after watching him here in Memphis for years. But I'm not exactly enamored with either. I don't see either one as a long term answer
    What does a coach have to do short of a championship to make fans feel like they are worthy of coaching this team? The truth of the matter is there are more coaches without rings than there are with. At least Byron Scott made it to the finals twice. No one is a championship coach before they win one. Someone has to be given the chance. I think both B. Scott as well as L. Hollins have proven to be very good coaches and have both earned the opportunity to coach again. Guys will accept all the really old retreads like Sloan,Karl and even Kurt Rambis who fails every time he's given a chance. He's the genius who said he couldn't play K.love and A.Jefferson together.

    The truth is painful

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles Ca
    Posts
    6,059
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    I really wanted Fisher, i think we missed out, i know FO wanted experience but I'd rather have talent over experience. Fisher ALWAYS makes the locker room better, all 5 of kobe's rings came with Fisher as his PG, no coincidence and look how he helped hold the Thunder together.

    In all that...I'd rather have Hollins, i think he'd play a style of basketball the will benefit the type of players that we have/want to bring back. Also found this and i think it speaks volumes

    Think about it. If we really want to bring Pau back and Marc speaks highly of him, i'm sure his brother knows about it from Marc, so it will help to convince Pau to come back, maybe on the cheap if hes with a coach that he knows will use him similar to how he used his brother and Randolph.
    I think this job under Phil can only go bad for fisher. If he has success people will feel that Phil is in his ear every step of the way and all the credit will be given to him and if the Knicks fall flat he will have a short coaching career.

    The truth is painful

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,273
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by championships:28703632
    Hollins goes to Brooklyn while the Lakers remain indecisive imo.
    A sad truth! I know one thing, if I hear RAMBIS named...facepalm

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •