Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Celtics extend qualifying offer to Bradley

He becomes an RFA.

Discuss.

vCash
    To me, its fair. Miss half a season, get half the pay...

It's common knowledge that with Bradley health is the only issue - imagine what type of money he'd pull if he were durable.

Defensively, I'd say he's in the top of the league. Offensively, I can't recall another player who's improved his jumper quite like Bradley has.

Deal seems fair.

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    Would've been silly not to at least do this.

Hopefully nobody tries throwing money at him n we can get him back for cheap or just this.

Wouldn't want to go over what they offer him last year 4/24m

vCash
    We'll match anything up to 7-8 I think. Ainge likes him and he's only 23.

vCash
    I definitely want him back at a reasonable price, I'd go up to 7-8 mill as Corey said. I really, really want to see Smart and Bradley on the court at the same time. They'd wreak havok defensively. His offensive game is improving as well. Much more confident shooter this past year

vCash
    He's best suited as a catch and shoot player, too. He was forced to create off the dribble a lot last year, and turned that mid range curl into a pretty effective shot coming off the pick. He's expanded a lot from his rookie year. He's only 23 and he's only going to get better shooting. He's one of the rare players to rapidly improve a broken jumper.

vCash
    I agree, nothing over the 4 for 24m we already offered...he's nothing more to me than an oft-injured 3rd rotational guard off the bench. 20 minutes a game but not a starter.

vCash
    Personally, no way I'd go 7-8...

I wonder if there is a "prove it" type contract in the NBA. I know they are utilized in the NFL...maybe an incentive based contract that is weighted toward games played?

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    We'll match anything up to 7-8 I think. Ainge likes him and he's only 23.
    I think you are probably correct. If a team offers him 4 years at 8 million per(32 million) that would be something I'd consider declining. Having said that I am not sure a team will offer him that kind of a deal. Ainge may just let the market play out.

Possibly an S&T guy?

Maybe we sign him to a short term deal for decent money. Two years 15 million or something.

Is it possible he accepts the qualifying offer and tries to boost his stock? I dont think so but you never know.
    El Presidente

vCash
    I actually think he might. I'd prefer to get him cheap this season if possible though. If we could get him for 4x28 (max) I'd sign him now. Its a risk, but we're in a position to take risks with our youth movement.

If he plays 75 games and puts up good scoring numbers at great percentages, he'll outplay the 6.5 we can probably get him to this season and lose him for nothing.

vCash
    4yrs - 24mil is the max I'd go...

Let him start this season due to the current roster, but hopefully next season the C's are able to draft a legit 2 with size... If that happens, have AB come off the bench at 6mil...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I actually think he might. I'd prefer to get him cheap this season if possible though. If we could get him for 4x28 (max) I'd sign him now. Its a risk, but we're in a position to take risks with our youth movement.

If he plays 75 games and puts up good scoring numbers at great percentages, he'll outplay the 6.5 we can probably get him to this season and lose him for nothing.
    It might take more money to sign him if we wait until next year (provided he has a healthy year). HOWEVER it potentially aids DA if he has any "fireworks" plan. We would only have to keep $3.5 mil of cap space to maintain his bird rights. The extra cap could come in handy.

But then again, if he did sign for $6.5 mil/year we're only talking about a $3 mil difference. And probably less than that since it probably will have rising salaries each year like almost every other contract. So I guess it probably wouldn't make a difference. It would make a difference if we're talking about signing him for $8 mil/year though. I think that would be reasonable and in a vacuum I'd do it, but if it wasn't forced by an offer sheet and we were just negotiating ourselves I would hold off to save the extra cap flexibility next year.

Sometimes all the math in these cap posts gets hard to explain over the internet so I hope you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Bradley and Celtics have agreed to a new deal. Danny had been telling potential free agents that Bradley was part of the teams future and would be on the team next year

Per alex Kennedy
    Celtics and Avery Bradley reached an agreement, per @SteveBHoop. No surprise: C's told several FAs that Bradley was part of future in BOS.

vCash
    Baxter Holmes ‏@BaxterHolmes
    Can confirm that the #Celtics & RFA Avery Bradley have agreed to a deal. Terms: 4-year-deal worth $32 million.

That's to much money, bad move.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

vCash
    If he's part of the future and keeps improving year in and year out this could end up being a very good deal. Think 3 years from now if he's averaging 20pts 6ast 5reb which isn't unrealistic than 8 mil a year isn't bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast