Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trade Rumors/Ideas 2014

Trade Rumors/Ideas 2014

(Last thread was hi-jacked)
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Yeah, let's keep it sabr projection free and talk abut actual players we need not what 300 guys did over 10 years, we saw how that worked out with Dee Gordon.

Well, it looks like quiet deadline to me they're not trading for Price (don't need him, too expensive for a rental) and I'm so pleased Seager and Joc are going nowhere, couple of BP arms would seem about the limit of what we need.

I think the offensive answers are all in house when you think Puig is real quiet and so is Adrian really we're doing ok. and I'm not sure what the hell people are talking about when they keep saying the Dodgers OF is a problem, it isn't, having too many guys is never a problem. Ramirez bothers me, he's never healthy it's one thing this week, something else week after i'm not giving this guy 6-7 years.

15-6 in June with a sputtery offense?

We need to get Puig going agin.

vCash
    With Guerrero missing part of his area, the wanting to keep Erisbel Arruebarrena in AAA so he can get at-bats and fix that horribly long/slow Jerry Sands swing (but he has a good idea though so...it may work), not sure if Uribe will stay healthy, Turner being hurt, and not sure how long Rojas will stay productive despite having excellent defense and getting some good chemistry with Dee and Hanley hurt, we need one more bullpen guy.

Oh and a veteran middle infielder in the likes of Punto/Hairston/Schumacher

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    So as I said in the other thread, I'll sticky this when we get close to the deadline.

Also, make sure to keep all rumors or suggestions in this thread. Only make a trade thread for trades that actually go through.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
    Well, it looks like quiet deadline to me they're not trading for Price (don't need him, too expensive for a rental) and I'm so pleased Seager and Joc are going nowhere, couple of BP arms would seem about the limit of what we need.
    Agreed... But geeeeeeze, could you imagine a playoff rotation of Clay, ZG, and Price with Beckett or Ryu going on the 4th day and the other pitching out of the pen?

Quote Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
    I think the offensive answers are all in house when you think Puig is real quiet and so is Adrian really we're doing ok. and I'm not sure what the hell people are talking about when they keep saying the Dodgers OF is a problem, it isn't, having too many guys is never a problem. Ramirez bothers me, he's never healthy it's one thing this week, something else week after i'm not giving this guy 6-7 years.

15-6 in June with a sputtery offense?

We need to get Puig going agin.
    Also agreed about Hanley. Love him, but wouldn't give him more than 5 years and only if he agrees to move to 3rd as soon as we're able to facilitate it.

Kemp is back on track after being derailed from his previous hot streak. Power seems to be in and out, but he's putting the bat on the ball. Seen a number of those patented center and right-center blasts hit the wall this season. Hopefully he gets hot in the 2nd half.

How about Agon laying down the bunt to beat the shift?! lol
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post

Is that the first time he has done that this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerB24 View Post
    Is that the first time he has done that this season?
    Its the first time I've seen it... but, I don't have TWC

Hilarious seeing him chug down the line though
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    I say we try and trade Hanley, i honestly don't want him on the team. We seem to play better (this year) without him there. I love that middle infield of Dee and Rojas, no ball is getting through the middle of that infield. Our strength is in our pitching and with Kemp back to normal, Puig more consistent and A-gon being agon, i dont think we need Hanley as much as we used to. Moving him and getting back a rojas type with a better bat, (rangey with pop) and a bullpen guy would really help and then Rojas is the platoon at 2B vs lefties for Dee and back up for the SS we get.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Agreed... But geeeeeeze, could you imagine a playoff rotation of Clay, ZG, and Price with Beckett or Ryu going on the 4th day and the other pitching out of the pen?

Also agreed about Hanley. Love him, but wouldn't give him more than 5 years and only if he agrees to move to 3rd as soon as we're able to facilitate it.

Kemp is back on track after being derailed from his previous hot streak. Power seems to be in and out, but he's putting the bat on the ball. Seen a number of those patented center and right-center blasts hit the wall this season. Hopefully he gets hot in the 2nd half.

I wouldn't give Hanley 5 years. He is always getting hurt and won't last 5 years. Even with a move to 3rd, he can'y even throw from SS to 1st, and will have a harder time from 3rd to 1st. Teams might just bunt at him a few times a game to see if he can do it.

Just ride with him this year, give him a QO, get a pick and move on.

vCash
    Max I would do is 3 years. More than that I'd just get the draft pick and move on.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/nickcafardo/stat...48891396759553

PADRES ARE TRYING TO STEAL LOGAN WHITE AND MAKE HIM THE GM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!

PROMOTE LOGAN WHITE TO GM NOW GIVE THEM NED COLLETTI!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post

Sounds like a plan to me.
    M.M.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post

Oh man, this can't happen, we need to keep White at all ways possible.
    Foam Party!

vCash
    At this point I don't really want to resign Hanley either. Our defense is just so much better without him playing, and he gets hurt to much for me to want to commit to him for more than a year or two.

Has anyone else noticed that Erisbel Arruebarruena has been batting .360 in AAA?

vCash
    https://twitter.com/FollowThePadres/...76911932276736

ITS OFFICIAL

THE PADRES HAVE INTERVIEWD LOGAN WHITE

I WILL BE SO FRICKING MAD IF THE DODGERS LSOE HIM!!!!

WHITE HAS SINGLE HANDEDLY SAVED THIS FRANCHISE THROUGH THE MCCOURT YEARS

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast