Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The Official Carmelo Anthony Thread

Post all links, tweets, thoughts and opinions regarding Melo in this thread. All other topics and conversations should be posted in the offseason thread.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...go-bulls-first

Sources told ESPN.com that Anthony is in the process of arranging a trip to Chicago to meet with the Bulls, then intends to travel to Texas for Wednesday meetings with both the Houston Rockets and the Dallas Mavericks.

Sources say Anthony is likely to visit the Rockets first on Wednesday, followed by the Mavericks in the afternoon

Reasons he'll pick Dallas
    - Good to Great Supporting Cast (2 awesome sidekicks and his good buddy Tyson)
    - Great Coaching
    - Great Ownership
    - Great Training and Medical Staff

Reasons he won't pick Dallas
    - Money (Can't offer Max Deal)
    - Location (Not as glamorous as NY, LA or even Chicago)
    - Western Conference (Harder to get to Finals)
    - Money (Did I mention that already?)
    - Not enough "star power" (We love us some Dirk and Ellis, but does Melo feel the same?)

Likely Starting 5 with Carmelo Anthony

PG: Devin Harris
    SG: Monta Ellis
    SF: Carmelo Anthony
    PF: Dirk Nowitzki
    C: Tyson Chandler

@asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    hmm if you can get a player like melo you have to do it !
    dirk is not the saler tyson could be for melo, does anyone knows the realtionship between melo and tyson? are they good friends or big buddys or whats up with them and second what does melos thinks about tyson

---
    about melos def
    i think a culture change and the supporting cast of dallas (tyson and rick) could be the factor the melo wants to play some more def !
    he is a good rebounder . great scorer, if he comes here i can see him become a solid 2 way player

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    I'll start off this post by saying I love Brandan Wright but I think we need to trade him if we want Melo.

Clearing Wright's 5 million dollar salary gives us 31.5 million in cap space. That would be more than enough to get Harris and Dirk under contract and sign Melo to a close to max deal.

Some thoughts on our upcoming roster if Melo picks the good guys....

1. Lets get Dirk to agree to a back loaded contract

Year 1: 8 million
    Year 2: 10 million
    Year 3: 11 million
    Year 4: 12 million

4 years 41 million for #41

2. Devin Harris' deal should look something like this

Year 1: 3.5 million
    Year 2: 3.25 million
    Year 3: 3.25 million

3. Dirk and Harris together would make 11.5 million next season. Leaving us 20 million to give to Melo. I know most teams are hoping Melo takes around 15-18. If Mavs come in with a 4 year 80 million dollar deal, we would be in the drivers seat with him. He gets a fat check and a chance to compete for a title immediately

4. Resign Vince Carter and Shawn Marion with bird rights after we use our cap space

5. Use 2.5 exception on Blair

6. Sign a veteran center to a minimum contract. Potential Players below.

- Emeka Okafor
    - Jermaine O'Neal
    - Drew Gooden
    - Chris Kaman
    - Nazr Mohammed
    - Cole Aldrich
    - Greg Stiesma
    - Ekpe Udoh (Restricted)

#1 - PG: Harris (3.5)
    #2 - SG: Ellis (8.3)
    #3 - SF: Anthony (20)
    #4 - PF: Dirk (8)
    #5 - C: Chandler (14.6)
    ---------------
    #6 - G: Felton (4.3)
    #7 - G: Carter (3.5)
    #8 - G: Mekel (0.8)
    #9 - F: Crowder (0.9)
    #10 - F: Marion (3.5)
    #11 - F/C: Blair (2.5)
    #12 - C: Veteran Minimum Player
    ----------------------------
    #13 - G/F: Ledo (0.8)
    #14 - Veteran Minimum Contract
    #15 - Veteran Minimum Contract

Players with cap hit in red indicate they count towards the initial cap of 63.2 million.
    Players not in red were signed with exceptions or bird rights, going over the cap and count towards the luxury tax line at 77 million.
    Last edited by asmarks18; 06-30-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King41 View Post
    hmm if you can get a player like melo you have to do it !
    dirk is not the saler tyson could be for melo, does anyone knows the realtionship between melo and tyson? are they good friends or big buddys or whats up with them and second what does melos thinks about tyson

---
    about melos def
    i think a culture change and the supporting cast of dallas (tyson and rick) could be the factor the melo wants to play some more def !
    he is a good rebounder . great scorer, if he comes here i can see him become a solid 2 way player

https://twitter.com/TheMavsFanatic/s...96724840726531

A person familiar w/ the ongoing Melo saga: "At exit interviews, Melo told Phil, Tyson was the teammate he trusted most”
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Only move Wright if Melo gives a verbal that he will sign.

I guess they could say hey Melo if you want more money we could move wright but he is a nice backup

vCash
    Vince is friends with Melo. Not sure what the whole deal is with Tyson and Melo? I really imagine that is a b.s. rumor about them hating eachother now.

Anyways mixed feelings on Melo but I was even more mixed on Ellis so I'll be optimistic here.

Chandler coming here and being HAPPY about it is really really huge for us.. 1. because he'll play better 2. because that makes other free agents and players look higher upon us. Chandler signs here it makes others more intrigued. Before him I don't think anyone was gonna want to come here even with pushing the Spurs like that

vCash
    I'm personally still out on Melo. I prefer the combo of Pau and Parson over Melo.

vCash
    Please no to pau.. We don't need his offense and we definitely don't need his defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    Please no to pau.. We don't need his offense and we definitely don't need his defense
    Pau helps when it comes to ball movement and he's a scoring threat in the paint. He's not the player he once was but he is still one of the best if not the best passing big man in the NBA. Plums he would be a very solid backup at PF/C.

And I said Parsons but I'm coming around to the idea of Lowry, Ariza, and Pau.

vCash
    Could you image the draft class of 1998 - 1999 Dirk Nowitzki, Vince Carter & Paul Pierce all playing on one team! Wow!
    45 __ Raef LaFrentz __ 45
    Kansas Jayhawks 94-98 / Dallas Mavericks 01-03
    "This is the place to be. This is the team of the future. Last year we fell short of our long-term goal. But we're young and going to have a large window. I feel good to be a part of it." - Raef LaFrentz Feb. 2002

vCash
    I don't want melo. He's a superstar but he's not a good defender and Tyson can't anchor the defense all by himself. Chandler Parsons or Deng would be better IMO

vCash

Melo picked up in a limo with Carlisle, Cuban, Donnie and Dirk in it. Off to undisclosed location for their meeting. Landed in Dallas about 45 minutes ago.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Our meeting with Melo only last 2-3 hours. After he spent 9 with the Bulls and 6 with the Rockets. Time to move on to Parsons/Deng/Lowry/Thomas. No thanks on Trevor Ariza.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash

The Official Carmelo Anthony Thread

I don't care if he doesn't sign here. I care if the rockets get him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TS8821 View Post
    I don't care if he doesn't sign here. I care if the rockets get him
    I don't think you have to worry about that. Melo knows that in Houston he would be the third option. I see him going to a place where he can be the first offensive option and still get paid. The Bulls and Mavs are the only teams that fit that mold. I don't see him signing in Dallas so that leaves only Chicago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast