Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

If McLemore is really on the block..

What do you think the Kings could actually get for him? Maybe he'd be a part of a potential Larry Sanders trade? There's rumors that the Kings may include him in the Josh Smith deal... but that doesn't sound smart. Anyway, what could we get for McLemore... arguably our biggest trade piece (besides Cuz)
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    As far as rumors of Ben Mclemore being part of a Josh Smith deal that was just a ESPN anchor assuming now that the Kings drafted Stauskas that Mclemore may be available for a Josh Smith trade. So far I have not heard any actual talk from people in the media. So far its 1 anchor in the national media throwing out his own feelings and others running with it.

vCash
    All the chatter from the Kings they expect big things from Mclemore and he is not being shopped, of course that is what is usually said before a player gets traded to another team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    All the chatter from the Kings they expect big things from Mclemore and he is not being shopped, of course that is what is usually said before a player gets traded to another team.
    Yeah it could all be posturing, but I do believe Woj's report that Kings offered Ben for Boston's 6th. If Kings were shopping him then then why wouldn't they do so now? Kings drafted a better shooter at the same position.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    Yeah it could all be posturing, but I do believe Woj's report that Kings offered Ben for Boston's 6th. If Kings were shopping him then then why wouldn't they do so now? Kings drafted a better shooter at the same position.
    One of the 1140 guys asked Jerry Reynolds who has experience in the war room how many of the rumors leading up to the draft are true and he said about 80% of the rumors are false. Then he said there is a lot of trade discussions that never get leaked, add to that I think every single trade that happen leading up to the draft did not get leaked until the trades were already agreed upon, and none of the rumors spread of trades ever actually happen which makes me wonder how many of those trade rumors was BS. With that said Woj is probably the most reliable reporter when it comes to rumors so that would increase those 80% odds.

vCash
    I'd call up New Orleans and check on Ryan Anderson.

Maybe something like...

Kings get: Ryan Anderson, Austin Rivers
    Pelicans: Ben McLemore, Carl Landry

I honestly don't even know where to begin with McLemore. His value isn't too high coming off an horrible season, but I doubt he has another season like that again. I expect him to be much improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    I'd call up New Orleans and check on Ryan Anderson.

Maybe something like...

Kings get: Ryan Anderson, Austin Rivers
    Pelicans: Ben McLemore, Carl Landry

I honestly don't even know where to begin with McLemore. His value isn't too high coming off an horrible season, but I doubt he has another season like that again. I expect him to be much improved.
    I agree with the second part. I think Ben's value is lower than it should be right now because of a sub-par rookie season. I think that he'll come back stronger next season. If we do plan to trade him, I'd rather have him play a little and try to increase his trade value. Also, it's far from guaranteed that Staukas will be better than Ben this coming year.

vCash
    I really want larry sanders!

vCash
    Rumor is New Orleans is in win now mode. The Ryan Anderson trade rumor came up with the idea of them freeing up salary to make a run at free agents and to trade for Osik. Kings are just not a match. Mclemore does not help them win now and we can't help them free up salary.
    Last edited by Plague; 06-30-2014 at 02:37 AM.

vCash
    Doubt we trade McLemore honestly. After we drafted Nik, Pete said they have no intention of trading him.

Of course that doesn't mean it's set In stone he's staying but I really doubt he is playing in another jersey next season

vCash
    in my opinion he needs to have a strong season or i could easily see him getting traded. a part of me thinks he's trade bait anyways as his stock would rise if he had a good season. Real GM just had a report out about the kings being one of the teams trying to work a contract out with Julyan Stone who's another SG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    in my opinion he needs to have a strong season or i could easily see him getting traded. a part of me thinks he's trade bait anyways as his stock would rise if he had a good season. Real GM just had a report out about the kings being one of the teams trying to work a contract out with Julyan Stone who's another SG.
    Julyan Stone is a borderline NBA player and would almost surely be a deep bench player if he was signed by the Kings. He is basically in Tyler Honeycutt talent range. Keep in mind that Julyan Stone is a poor shooter.
    Last edited by Plague; 07-09-2014 at 09:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Julyan Stone is a borderline NBA player and would almost surely be a deep bench player if he was signed by the Kings. He is basically in Tyler Honeycutt talent range. Keep in mind that Julyan Stone is a poor shooter.
    yea i was never trying to insinuate he was a good player, just that they're looking to add another player at that position.

vCash

If McLemore is really on the block..

I think it's just more competition

vCash
    Speaking of Honeycutt.... Bring him back.

<3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast