Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

IMPORTANT: LAL has $22.1M of cap space this offseason

According to Larry Coon of ESPN, with the current roster, the Los Angeles Lakers will have up to around $22.1M in cap space to sign free agents this offseason.

PLEASE take this number into consideration before making your free agent threads/ ideas.

Here are some informative tweets regarding the Lakers cap situation.

Larry Coon @LarryCoon 3h
    $63.2M. RT @iamchristian26 what is the projected cap for the coming year?
    Larry Coon @LarryCoon 34m
    Up to about $22.1M. RT @PowerGoh how much space can the Lakers have?

Larry Coon @LarryCoon 33m
    No, and they're not going to hurt RT @PowerGoh Do they have enough to sign 2 <6 yr max guys like Parsons and Bledsoe if they renounce pau?

Larry Coon @LarryCoon 33m
    ...their ability to swing for the fences next summer. @PowerGoh

vCash
    You should have posted it before js

It would have avoided us some very stupid threads and posts maybe

vCash
    Eat them alive T Rex!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post

I agree. Unfortunately, cap and salaries arent locked in until the July moratorium. Until then, there is no clear picture.

vCash
    I am not as worried about cap space as some people probably are. We have seen the Lakers exceed the cap a number of times before. I don't think it will hinder our free agent plans as bad as people think either. Jmo. They signed Kobe to that big extension for a reason knowing what kind of financial strain it could potentially put them in. A business doesn't throw out cash like that without a planned direction. Something tells me we will be surprised before this summer is over.

vCash
    Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post

^^ This. Hopefully this ends it.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    I am not as worried about cap space as some people probably are. We have seen the Lakers exceed the cap a number of times before. I don't think it will hinder our free agent plans as bad as people think either. Jmo. They signed Kobe to that big extension for a reason knowing what kind of financial strain it could potentially put them in. A business doesn't throw out cash like that without a planned direction. Something tells me we will be surprised before this summer is over.
    I agree. No competent person in their right minds would throw Kobe that extension without having knowing full well their position and potential for fas
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    According to Larry Coon of ESPN, with the current roster, the Los Angeles Lakers will have up to around $22.1M in cap space to sign free agents this offseason.

PLEASE take this number into consideration before making your free agent threads/ ideas.

Here are some informative tweets regarding the Lakers cap situation.
    The Lakers if they see the possibility to grab one or two big time players will go over that number with eyes closed. Money is not a problem to them. Plus they can sign Gasol if they want with his Byrd rights. It is not news. Coon is douche that has nothing to do but to twit!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavacano View Post
    Good job.

^^ This. Hopefully this ends it.
    It wil be stupid to think that the Lakers are afraid of the cap. If they see a big fish they will go out to get it. The market always forces them to have this on the back of their mind. This is not the Spurs.

vCash
    Money in the bank, shorty whatcha drank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    The Lakers if they see the possibility to grab one or two big time players will go over that number with eyes closed. Money is not a problem to them. Plus they can sign Gasol if they want with his Byrd rights. It is not news. Coon is douche that has nothing to do but to twit!

vCash
    The smartest thing to do would to renounce our rights to our free agents except Hill. Then we can re sign Pau to 8-10 million dollar deal while still signing Melo. Then we go over the cap to sign Hill because we still have his bird rights, sign Henry, Farmar, and Johnson to minimum deals, and use the room exception ( around 3.2 million) for Young. Maybe fill in the front line with a few vet minimum deals or summer league guys.

Farmar/Nash/Marshall/Clarkson
    Kobe/Young
    Melo/Henry/Johnson
    Randle/Hill
    Pau/Sacre

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    The smartest thing to do would to renounce our rights to our free agents except Hill. Then we can re sign Pau to 8-10 million dollar deal while still signing Melo. Then we go over the cap to sign Hill because we still have his bird rights, sign Henry, Farmar, and Johnson to minimum deals, and use the room exception ( around 3.2 million) for Young. Maybe fill in the front line with a few vet minimum deals or summer

Kobe/Young
    Melo/Henry/Johnson
    Randle/Hill
    Pau/Sacre
    Nash will not be with them next season. They might jump for a better pg and the rest of the line up looks pretty much realistic for me. If Melo does not sign with us then Ariza and Bledsoe or Lowry will be the priority.

vCash
    We need to find a way to get rid of Nash..
    #FREECROONER!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    The smartest thing to do would to renounce our rights to our free agents except Hill. Then we can re sign Pau to 8-10 million dollar deal while still signing Melo. Then we go over the cap to sign Hill because we still have his bird rights, sign Henry, Farmar, and Johnson to minimum deals, and use the room exception ( around 3.2 million) for Young. Maybe fill in the front line with a few vet minimum deals or summer league guys.

Kobe/Young
    Melo/Henry/Johnson
    Randle/Hill
    Pau/Sacre
    I'm cosigning this line-up & watch Nash come back with a vengeance his last season.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast