Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Suns looking to pair LeBron and Melo together

I'm only creating a thread on this since it's ACTUAL Suns news by someone not affiliated with Phoenix.

Armed with an offer that no else in the NBA can make a chance to partner with Carmelo Anthony on an instant championship contender the Phoenix Suns are planning an aggressive pursuit of LeBron James on Tuesday, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Suns officials understand the bid will be something of a long shot, but are determined to get a meeting with James to convince him how the possibilities of two full max contracts, a roster stocked with talented, young players and the chance to pick the superstar free-agent partner of his choice ought to make Phoenix one of his most appealing suitors.

Phoenix is determined to emerge as a legitimate destination for James and Anthony, who have privately shared an affinity for playing with each other in the NBA. Salary-cap structures make it prohibitive for teams elsewhere to fit these two stars together without completely gutting a roster, but Phoenix's general manager Ryan McDonough has constructed a far different reality to sell them in potential meetings next week, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Suns have $33.5 million in salary-cap space and could shed the next $10 million needed to sign James and Anthony to maximum contracts without unloading the young core of guards Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic and center Miles Plumlee that pushed the franchise to 48 victories in the Western Conference last season.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/suns-to...163546302.html

vCash
    I'd rather see the Suns develop what they're building than create another super-team. Plus Lebron knows going to the Finals for a 5th time in the row is almost a pipe dream in the West. Why not play against the Nets, Hornets, and Wizards on your way to the Finals instead of the Grizzlies, Spurs, Mavs, and Rockets?

vCash
    If LeBron came to Phoenix. He would have a bigger parade than Charles. He would be loved again. Imagine if we could trade Dragic and picks for Love. That team would be waaaayyy better than the heat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I'd rather see the Suns develop what they're building than create another super-team. Plus Lebron knows going to the Finals for a 5th time in the row is almost a pipe dream in the West. Why not play against the Nets, Hornets, and Wizards on your way to the Finals instead of the Grizzlies, Spurs, Mavs, and Rockets?
    I dunno. Our team would be stacked across the board. The team we'd put together next season would top anything Miami ever had during the last 4 years:

Something like:

Dragic/Ennis
    Bledsoe/Goodwin
    James/Green/Marcus Morris/Warren
    Anthony/Markieff Morris
    Plumlee/Len

Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post
    If LeBron came to Phoenix. He would have a bigger parade than Charles. He would be loved again. Imagine if we could trade Dragic and picks for Love. That team would be waaaayyy better than the heat.
    I wouldn't even bother with Love. James and Melo can man the 4.
    Or have Bledsoe come off the bench as our 6th man and maybe find a way to keep Frye.

vCash
    Hornacek would have his hands full coaching Anthony, but it's worth a shot. It would be fun watching Bledsoe and Dragic run the pick and roll with those two. When does FA close?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    Hornacek would have his hands full coaching Anthony, but it's worth a shot. It would be fun watching Bledsoe and Dragic run the pick and roll with those two. When does FA close?
    It opens on Tuesday 7/1. I think the 9th is when teams can officially sign but we'll know before then what the deal is.

vCash
    From Gambo. Order is top to bottom (old to new)

John Gambadoro @Gambo987 2h

Suns won't be romancing Lebron no need for a parade. Here's roster it's young and deep and offers you excellent chance to win.

Lebron can pick Carmelo or Bosh and Suns will also have above cap mid level so they can add another good player of Lebrons choosing.

Suns will make contact July 1st but if they don't hear back in 24-48 hour window will move on to other free agents.

Suns roster could include Lebron, Carmelo or Bosh plus possibly Ray Allen and Mike Miller and holdovers Plumlee, Tucker, Bledsoe, Dragic

vCash
    Wish we could just get LeBron.

vCash
    would be one of the most complete teams ever

vCash
    While I'm still excited about this, I'm coming to the realization that the chances are so minute. The Heat all opted out and they've probably already decided on what they're going to do. Unless LeBron REALLY only wants to play with Melo, I see no way this happens.

And hearing the Gordon Hayward, even if offer him the max, would be matched no matter what by Utah.
    So despite all this excitement, we may want to just temper our hopes to watching us build up the youth we have. Re-sign Tucker and explore a new deal with Frye. Call it an offseason. I can be content seeing the youth grow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    While I'm still excited about this, I'm coming to the realization that the chances are so minute. The Heat all opted out and they've probably already decided on what they're going to do. Unless LeBron REALLY only wants to play with Melo, I see no way this happens.

And hearing the Gordon Hayward, even if offer him the max, would be matched no matter what by Utah.
    So despite all this excitement, we may want to just temper our hopes to watching us build up the youth we have. Re-sign Tucker and explore a new deal with Frye. Call it an offseason. I can be content seeing the youth grow.
    This. Maybe try to upgrade the PF with Ryan Anderson instead of Frye but let Goodwin, Warren, Ennis, Len develop and even get pt if they're ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post

For sure, think everyone realises the chance at this happening are miniscule. I see all three of them staying in Miami

vCash
    your gonna need a lot basketballs
    and a place to put alllllllllllllllllllllllll those ego's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    For sure, think everyone realises the chance at this happening are miniscule. I see all three of them staying in Miami
    Also, if Gambo is right, it seems like all we'll do is ask if we can get a meeting and not push hard for it. If we don't hear anything, we'll move on. For the sake of excitement, I really hope we at least get to speak with his camp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stambrose84 View Post
    your gonna need a lot basketballs
    and a place to put alllllllllllllllllllllllll those ego's
    Dragic and Bledsoe already showed they don't mind sharing. LeBron has showed the same over the last 4 years. It'd be Melo and I don't doubt he'd buy into whatever Hornacek asked of him.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast