Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Giannis likes Kidd's open court style offense

All my excitement for the Bucks has gone down the drain right now..

Seriously the bucks r going to give up compensation for him?? they better not!

Anything more than a 2nd round pick and ill be

vCash
    I am all for this....the face of the franchise is changing....billionaire ownership willing to spend money and committed to staying in Milwaukee, young talent in Henson, Anetokounmpo and newly drafted Parker....and now we might be bringing in a young, future hall of fame coach in Jason Kidd that will attract potential free agents???

The time is now....I hope this happens, I don't care what the cost....if we are lucky maybe the Nets are interested in Ilyasova as part of the compensation package.

vCash
    This Move is stupid, its obvious kidds jumping on the band wagon cuz Jabari Parker is here, the fact he just betrayed his contract with the nets just shows how un-loyal he is. Kidd never comes off as a smart man, idk WHY
    the bucks haven't already given this role to Kareem Jabbar! he's a legend, and was a Buck! he'd be a my 1st choice if I was the bucks! check this article I found out:

MILWAUKEE -- NBA Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is interested in returning in some capacity to the Milwaukee Bucks.

"If I get a call, I will definitely offer my services," said Abdul-Jabbar, the franchise's career leading scorer with 14,211 points. "There's nothing on the table right now. A couple of people have asked me, and if I had the chance to be part of this franchise again, I would take it."

In December, former Sen. Herb Kohl announced he would seek minority investors in the team, which he has owned since 1985. The franchise is at something of a crossroads, struggling to draw large crowds to an aging building. The Bucks beat Utah 114-88 on Monday but have the league's worst record at 12-47.

Still, Abdul-Jabbar sees Milwaukee as a viable NBA market.

"They have to get their business model right," Abdul-Jabbar said Monday. "I hope that the Bucks are able to sort it all out and get on a good footing. You can't win it all unless you get the right players and you can't get the right players unless you're really in a good position as a business."

Abdul-Jabbar was in town in part to promote a new tourism ad for the state of Wisconsin that played off his acting role in the movie "Airplane."

Over the past few years, Abdul-Jabbar has expressed an interest in returning to the NBA as a coach. He has worked as a special assistant with teams such as the Clippers and Lakers.

Abdul-Jabbar -- then Lew Alcindor -- was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1969 NBA draft and immediately turned the Bucks, coming off their expansion season, into contenders. Milwaukee went 56-26 and finished second in the Eastern Division behind Abdul-Jabbar's 28.8 points and 14.5 rebounds per game.

Not long after the season ended, the Bucks obtained Oscar Robertson from the Cincinnati Royals, leading to a dominant 1970-71 season. They finished with a 66-16 record and swept Baltimore in the NBA Finals, becoming the fastest expansion franchise to win a championship in the history of major professional sports.

The Bucks returned to the Finals in 1974, losing to Boston in seven games. Robertson would retire just before the '74-75 season, and Abdul-Jabbar quietly requested a trade, looking for a bigger market and the chance to join another contender.

"They appreciated that and they appreciated that I kept my mouth shut about it," he said. "I gave them the opportunity to approach other teams, and they figured out the best deal they could make for themselves."

Abdul-Jabbar got his wish in June 1975, when he was shipped to the Lakers in a deal that included Junior Bridgeman going to Milwaukee. Both players have had their jerseys retired by the franchise.

Bridgeman, who was honored by the team last week, also has been mentioned as a possible investor.

ROCK NATION!

vCash

vCash
    Absolutely this is an opportunity being created on Parker's coat-tails, there is a culture change happening in Milwaukee and I like Kidd over Jabbar. I think he has a higher basketball IQ, is more familiar with the way the game is played today and can relate better to potential free agents.

There is another factor in play here and that is continuity within the front office, the existing relationship between Kidd and new ownership. This is extremely important with any team, but even more so when you are dealing with a small market team like the Bucks.

vCash
    I actually view the existing relationship between Kidd and ownership as a bad thing. They're most likely giving him an opportunity that he most likely doesn't deserve. How often do you put a second year coach with no other coaching or management experience as head of basketball operations? And they'll probably give him a longer leash than he deserves too. As head of operations, we are taking a huge, huge gamble that is unnecessary. If it was strictly a coaching position, I'd be fine with it, but to be in charge of everything, including contracts, drafting and hiring stAff and scouts with no experience is foolish. At least hold open interviews to other candidates too.

vCash
    After a failed power play in Brooklyn, Nets coach Jason Kidd has entered into serious negotiations to become president of basketball operations for the Milwaukee Bucks, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Kidd made a failed coup to Brooklyn’s Russian ownership to usurp the power of Nets general manager Billy King – and failed spectacularly. The Nets and Bucks are discussing compensation for Milwaukee hiring Kidd away, which will likely include second-round draft picks, sources told Yahoo Sports.

via Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/ki...ll-operations/

vCash
    Sports Whispers ‏@SportsWhispers · 2h
    #Nets pushing the #Bucks for a lottery protected 1st round pick for Jason Kidd. #Bucks offering 2 future 2nd rounders
    Anthony DiMoro ‏@AnthonyDiMoro · 2h
    #Nets Jason Kidd is on his way out, after failing to gain more power in organization, he is now talking to #Bucks.
    KC ‏@kc1nyk · 1h
    Report: #Nets Head Coach Jason Kidd didn't believe Star C Brook Lopez could fit into his system. #Bucks.
    KnicksTape ‏@KnicksTape · 42m
    According to @espn J. Kidd to the #Bucks is a done deal. #Nets looking at Lionel Hollins and George Carl to replace him.
    WBAY-TV 2 ‏@WBAY · 6m
    Source: Jason Kidd talking to #Bucks about a job: http://bit.ly/1iJp5fj

vCash
    Jason Kidd just finished his first season as a head coach in the NBA with the Brooklyn Nets, and apparently wants more responsibility - possibly with the Milwaukee Bucks.

According to a report from the New York Post, Kidd approached the Nets, who he is currently the head coach of, about overseeing the organization's basketball operations department, as well.

The Nets denied Kidd that type of power, which the Post notes that most coaches do not have.

Because of that, Kidd was then approached by the Bucks "about the prospect of hiring him" according to the Post. The Nets allowed it to happen. According to Sam Amick of USA Today, it is still unknown what role Kidd would be hired for by the Bucks:
    Sam Amick ✔ @sam_amick
    Follow
    It's unclear if Kidd is going for front office or coaching gig with Bucks, but I'm told Milwaukee front office was unaware, so...

8:39 PM - 28 Jun 2014
    Larry Drew just finished his first season in charge of the Bucks. The current head coach in Milwaukee reportedly has a three-year contract with the team.

Kidd already has a relationship with Bucks co-owner Marc Lasry. According to the New York Daily News, Kidd attended Lasry's daughter's wedding in the summer of 2013.

The Post also notes the two's friendship in its report.

Prior to purchasing the Bucks, Lasry did own three percent of the Brooklyn Nets, the team Kidd currently coaches. Lasry first invested in the Nets franchise back in 2004, when the team was still in New Jersey. Kidd played for the Nets from 2001 to 2008.

UPDATE: Bleacher Report's Howard Beck clarifies the role that Kidd spoke to the Bucks about:
    Howard Beck ✔ @HowardBeck
    Follow
    Source: Kidd isn't pursuing Bucks coaching job. He wants to be president of basketball ops.

9:23 PM - 28 Jun 2014
    http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/wi-sports/mi...265069541.html

vCash
    I hope he is joining as a player because I don't want him as a coach and I really don't want him to be team president

vCash
    Sounds like Nets looking at Mark Jackson as Kidd's replacement.

vCash
    Here's the latest in Jason Kidd controversy, as the Nets and Bucks discuss compensation for Kidd's proposed move to Milwaukee as president of basketball operations, following his failure to secure the same job with the Nets.

League sources tell NetsDaily...

--There is no deal among Nets, Kidd and Bucks as of late Saturday. The Nets will not fire Kidd but his days with the Nets are over. There is deep bitterness in Nets ownership camp about how Kidd has treated them after they gave him a job despite having no coaching experience whatsoever ... and a checkered past.

--The Bucks have rejected the Nets' first demand in talks to provide the Nets with compensation for his departure. The Nets wanted a first round pick. Over next four drafts, the Bucks have four first rounders, all their own, and six second rounders, four of their own and two protected, one from the Kings and one from the Clippers and Kings.

--With free agency looming, and decisions on Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Shaun Livingston on the table, Bucks ownership believes it has the leverage in talks. The overnight publicity may have lessened that leverage, some believe.

--The Nets discussions about a replacement for Kidd as head coach are in their infancy. Former Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins and at least two college coaches, both with championship resumes --and long-term contracts, are in the mix. Neither of the college coaches is John Calipari. Once the situation with Kidd is resolved, expect discussions to increase in intensity.

--Kidd's reassignment of Lawrence Frank was the first break between ownership and management on one side and Kidd on the other. Kidd while not directly involved in the negotiations that led to Frank's huge salary pressed for his hiring. It still stings not just because of the $1 million per year salary (and bonuses) but because of the embarrassment factor.

--One of the final straws for Nets ownership came when Kidd advocated for a trade with the Bucks that would sent Brook Lopez and Mirza Teletovic to Milwaukee for the deeply troubled Larry Sanders and Ersan Ilyasova. The suggestion, mostly about Kidd's belief that Lopez couldn't fit in his system, was considered and rejected by the Nets brass.

--Kidd was angered by the Nets decision to trade for Marcus Thornton rather than Jarrett Jack, who he believed would have been a better fit. Nets ownership believe that Kidd's ultimate ambition was to dump Billy King, with whom ownership remains quite satisfied. Kidd believes that King and Nets ownership do not have a long term plan and are too opportunistic.

--Kidd was offended when Steve Kerr and Derek Fisher were given contracts twice as lucrative as his, but he was also, and perhaps more, offended by the Clippers decision, post-Donald Sterling, to give more personnel control to Doc Rivers.

--Nets were offended by Kidd having his agent, Jeff Schwartz, seek permission from ownership to talk with other teams. They would have preferred the Bucks new ownership, led by Kidd confidante and Nets minority investor Marc Lasry, contact them directly.

How soon will it be resolved? Think more days than weeks.
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/6/29/5...dd-controversy

So Kidd like Sanders. So this means Gery Woelfel will be hating on Kidd soon enough. Woelfel has hate for Sanders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Sounds like Nets looking at Mark Jackson as Kidd's replacement.
    Weird.. I thought mark jackson wanted more power in Golden State and couldnt get it.

vCash
    This Nets fan is already offering up our 1st round pick in trades lmao

http://forums.******.com/boards/view...?f=2&t=1330886

vCash
    I love how kids who have absolutely ZERO basketball knowledge think they know more about the game than a top 5 point guard to ever play the game...

The Bucks would be lucky to have him doing ANYTHING.

And I love how people hate on him for wanting the right players for his system. Get a clue, Phil Jackson wouldn't be half the coach he was if he didn't make demands. Difference is the Bulls brass kept it behind closed doors.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast