Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Nikola Mirotic Thread 2.0 - Close to deal, won't hurt cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Eamus Cubs View Post

Bust out the Yes people.

vCash
    YES!! Question will be who has a sweeter jumpshot? McDermott or Mirotic?

vCash
    Who knows but are we quietly becoming the Clippers?

vCash
    Getting a boner

vCash
    Did I read that he may buy himself out because he's that unhappy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 97'bulls View Post
    Did I read that he may buy himself out because he's that unhappy?
    That's what the other thread had in it but I can't find another source.

vCash
    If we amnesty boozer we lose exceptions. That means with the 10 mil in cap space we will have to use about half that to sign Miro. That means we only have 5 mil left, that's why MDJ might be traded, depends how we need fill rest of roster. As of now, with adding Miro, our roster looks like this.

Rose
    Butler/snell
    MDJ/dougie
    Taj/Miro
    Noah/randolf

Since we can almost def sign Kirk and nazr at vet min, we can use the remaining 5 mil to sign someone (or 2) first. I think we still need someone who can create his own shot and perhaps a defensive minded big. To that end, if DJ will sign for 2-2.5 mil does make sense. Pierce also makes a lot of sense, but I'm guessing he'll cost around 4-5 mil. Maybe we can nab both of them if they give us a lil discount. DJ for obvious reasons and Pierce could be down to sign at a discount to play for thibs, is chi-town kid, stay in the east for a chance to win a ring and punch Lebron in the nuts for another season or 2. I can then see a scenario where we look to trade MDJ in light of signing Paul. I would then love to sign birdman away from Heat. Both because he's a great defender and because it would screw Miami hardcore. They can only offer vet min, if we offered him 2.5-3 mil, it may be enough to get it done. We could also potentially trade Randolf for a bag of peanuts if we include a future 2nd to add another 1.8 in cap to sweeten money to go after those 3 of DJ, Pierce, Birdman. Resign Kirk, maybe Nazr and prepare for war.

New roster with mpg:

Rose(32)/DJ(16)Kirk
    Butler(34)/Snell(14)Kirk
    Pierce(24)/Doug(24)
    Taj(30)/Miro(18)
    Noah(32)/Birdman(16)

Or some variation of that. Our roster becomes a great mix of O and D, youth and vets with a ton of positional flexibility. Kirk and Rose can play 1 or 2, Snell and Butler can play some 3, Pierce and Noah can play the 4 and taj the 5. That's pretty filthy assuming we remain a top 3 defense which is all but a given.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Who knows but are we quietly becoming the Clippers?
    I don't get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by path2zion View Post
    If we amnesty boozer we lose exceptions. That means with the 10 mil in cap space we will have to use about half that to sign Miro. That means we only have 5 mil left, that's why MDJ might be traded, depends how we need fill rest of roster. As of now, with adding Miro, our roster looks like this.

Rose
    Butler/snell
    MDJ/dougie
    Taj/Miro
    Noah/randolf

Since we can almost def sign Kirk and nazr at vet min, we can use the remaining 5 mil to sign someone (or 2) first. I think we still need someone who can create his own shot and perhaps a defensive minded big. To that end, if DJ will sign for 2-2.5 mil does make sense. Pierce also makes a lot of sense, but I'm guessing he'll cost around 4-5 mil. Maybe we can nab both of them if they give us a lil discount. DJ for obvious reasons and Pierce could be down to sign at a discount to play for thibs, is chi-town kid, stay in the east for a chance to win a ring and punch Lebron in the nuts for another season or 2. I can then see a scenario where we look to trade MDJ in light of signing Paul. I would then love to sign birdman away from Heat. Both because he's a great defender and because it would screw Miami hardcore. They can only offer vet min, if we offered him 2.5-3 mil, it may be enough to get it done. We could also potentially trade Randolf for a bag of peanuts if we include a future 2nd to add another 1.8 in cap to sweeten money to go after those 3 of DJ, Pierce, Birdman. Resign Kirk, maybe Nazr and prepare for war.

New roster with mpg:

Rose(32)/DJ(16)Kirk
    Butler(34)/Snell(14)Kirk
    Pierce(24)/Doug(24)
    Taj(30)/Miro(18)
    Noah(32)/Birdman(16)

Or some variation of that. Our roster becomes a great mix of O and D, youth and vets with a ton of positional flexibility. Kirk and Rose can play 1 or 2, Snell and Butler can play some 3, Pierce and Noah can play the 4 and taj the 5. That's pretty filthy assuming we remain a top 3 defense which is all but a given.
    I hate to be a debbie downer but I don't think that's better than our 11 team.

vCash
    Absolutely won't nothing to do with Paul pierce. He was horrible last year! I'd start snell b4 him

vCash
    I would bring back deng than have pierce. I think dengs camp is starting to regret not taking that bulls deal lol. His stock can't be that high anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I don't get it.
    Really?

vCash
    Love this offseason so far other than whatever is going on in Miami.

vCash
    So you guys are out on Melo? Just like that? This seems odd...

vCash
    The bulls probably aren't out on melo. I think a lot of us are just ok with it if he picks ny or anywhere but Miami.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast