Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MIAMI
    Posts
    19,576

    Udonis Haslem Opts out.

    @EthanJSkolnick: As I've been reporting, Haslem -- now that he's opted out -- is open to extension with Miami. Wants to be here. Wheels in motion.

    @EthanJSkolnick: And to be very clear, Haslem is doing this to benefit the Heat (and get a little security), not to leave the Heat.


    He wouldn't leave money if he doesn't know something

    Love this guy.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan2323 View Post
    @EthanJSkolnick: As I've been reporting, Haslem -- now that he's opted out -- is open to extension with Miami. Wants to be here. Wheels in motion.

    @EthanJSkolnick: And to be very clear, Haslem is doing this to benefit the Heat (and get a little security), not to leave the Heat.


    He wouldn't leave money if he doesn't know something

    Love this guy.
    Yep, Big 3 + UD opt out. Nice. W/ 61 mill in cap space excluding Napier. 59.8 mill w/ Napier there + biannual exception and mle. Prediction, Big 3 + Lowry, Carter, Kaman, Jordan Hill, Birdman, Allen, Cole, UD, James Jones, Rashard Lewis, Marion, Marvin Williams, etc w/ summer league roster to cut down to about 15 by season's start. No Melo and Gortat, so that makes the team get younger C's.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,348
    Thank you again Haslem.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,289
    Now lets see what happens with Wade & Bosh.

    Wade should only opt out, if Lbj looked him in the eye and said I am coming back & I am not going to talk to any other teams (I still wouldn't trust him, but Wade knows Lbj better then most).

    But what ever Pat decides to do, I know he will get the right players in here.







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    14,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Yep, Big 3 + UD opt out. Nice. W/ 61 mill in cap space excluding Napier. 59.8 mill w/ Napier there + biannual exception and mle. Prediction, Big 3 + Lowry, Carter, Kaman, Jordan Hill, Birdman, Allen, Cole, UD, James Jones, Rashard Lewis, Marion, Marvin Williams, etc w/ summer league roster to cut down to about 15 by season's start. No Melo and Gortat, so that makes the team get younger C's.
    Team doesn't get those exceptions if they use cap space, only the Room Mid-Level:

    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25

    But this is definitely good news that Riley has a lot of flexibility.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    14,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Now lets see what happens with Wade & Bosh.

    Wade should only opt out, if Lbj looked him in the eye and said I am coming back & I am not going to talk to any other teams (I still wouldn't trust him, but Wade knows Lbj better then most).

    But what ever Pat decides to do, I know he will get the right players in here.
    Wade should opt out regardless. The HEAT has the intention of signing him at a lower salary at more years regardless. For him is better financial stability, and for us we get a good player even if LeBron leaves.

    I fully trust Riley to give the HEAT a competitive team even if LeBron leaves and that team will include Wade.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,219
    Hope he goes from 1 year at 4.6 million to 3 years at 7-8 million. Saves Miami almost 2 million a year in cap and Udonis gets 4 million more.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,262
    Three years at $6M. Extra 1.4M, end of the day that's still a lot of money.

  9. #9
    hotdalton18's Avatar
    hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    13,896

    Udonis Haslem Opts out.

    I like Haslem and all 2 for what he's done

    But even what there talking about giving him now is crazy

    He deserve no more then the vet min now, can't play at all



    2015-16 DPOY


    Hassan Whiteside

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,342
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    I like Haslem and all 2 for what he's done

    But even what there talking about giving him now is crazy

    He deserve no more then the vet min now, can't play at all
    Brand loyalty is important. He epitomizes the Heat brand. Our motto is take less money for the good of the team. He has taken less, but let's not give him a nasty treatment. UD deserves at least $2-3 mill tops.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    14,239
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    I like Haslem and all 2 for what he's done

    But even what there talking about giving him now is crazy

    He deserve no more then the vet min now, can't play at all
    Haslem is more important than you think. He's captain for a reason.

    But then again, you do think Ennis is a ROY/6th-man candidate without playing a game.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,649
    Haslem sucks right now any money he gets is a waste on someone else. Hearing Lowry wants to go to Lakers

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,715
    Quote Originally Posted by tippa irie View Post
    Haslem sucks right now any money he gets is a waste on someone else. Hearing Lowry wants to go to Lakers
    Haslem is still a solid bench guy, it's what he has always been. I'd throw him a 3/9 million deal and likely he accepts.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    12,818
    You give Haslem whatever the **** he wants. He IS the Miami HEAT. That guy will be on this roster until he calls it quits, then he will still be a part of this organization afterwards.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    14,239
    Haslem is going to be assistant coach or some other role on the team one day. He's going to get his money and then some. HEAT family for life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •