Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Angels Trade Ernesto Frieri to the Pirates for Jason Grilli

@Alden_Gonzalez: #Angels have acquired Jason Grilli from the #Pirates.

@Alden_Gonzalez: Ernesto Frieri goes to the #Pirates. #Angels
    Last edited by vladdy#27; 06-27-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Don't really like this move. Grilli hasn't been any better than Frieri. We give away two and a half years of Frieri away for half a year of Grilli.

Hopefully Grilli can start pitching like he did last season.
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    I think yesterday was the last straw for him, we had a good stretch of Closers Smith, Percival, K-Rod but it's been inconsistent ever since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    Don't really like this move. Grilli hasn't been any better than Frieri. We give away two and a half years of Frieri away for half a year of Grilli.

That might be the most positive part of the entire thing. I don't think we had much to lose in making this move. If Grilli is bad, then were in the same boat but for less time. If Grilli works out we can have a dependable arm to resign next year. I'm not sure my blood pressure can take 2 1/2 more years of Frieri at this rate. We can address the bullpen this offseason.

vCash

Why on earth would we want two and a half years more of Frieri? Especially since Scioscia thinks he's a closer, he would be blowing even more games for us in the future.

vCash

Also, Grilli has been better than Frieri. Basically any bullpen pitcher has. Is Grilli anything to brag about? No....but he sure as hell has been better than Ernesto.

vCash
    I'm really happy that management isn't taking horrid play from our players. Ibanez and Frieri have been terrible and they didn't hesitate to make moves to make us better. They should have done it last year with Blanton. I think Blanton taught them a lesson. They kept that fat *** in the rotation way too long. Now if only we could work on not signing idiots, we will be ok.

vCash
    Santiago is just flat out unlucky. He pitches well and he can't get a win. Now a rain out. We just don't seem to win when he pitches.