Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

****Minnesota Vikings Forum Fantasy Football League- Draft August 27th at 8PM ET****

I just activated the Vikings forum fantasy football league from last year. Below is a list of twelve the teams we had in it last year. If you were in the league let me know if you want back in within the next month. If you weren't in it let me if you want in by post in this thread.

1. 28 All Day, 69 All Night- IBleedPurple
    2. THE HEISMANBERGS- DIRKDIGGL3R
    3. Get a Kluwe- Phat Pat
    4. TheSport Messiah- The Sports Messiah
    5. PASSWORD IS TACO- Iliketurtles
    6. TDs n Beer MVPtrsn- Goingfor28
    7. HEAD HUNTING HARRISON!!!!- VCU4LIFEGOVIKS
    8. Purple People Eaters- Vikingsfan0845
    9. Slap a Patterson- Mauer.400
    10. Mankato Tears- TearsOfPurple
    11. The Owners- MNSkol
    12. Blair Walsh Project- Pacofunk

*Bold means they have joined

Once we have a full twelve teams I will set the draft date. The draft order will either be randomized or set from last years finish. That's something we can figure out as a group. It will be a snake draft though. The league is head to head scoring. The rules are standard besides rewarding 1 point per 10 yards for kick and punt returns.
    Last edited by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS; 07-22-2014 at 06:54 AM.

vCash
    Yes please

RUDY

vCash
    DIRK is in again. Need a 6pm onwards draft time though please and thank you

Xavier Rhodes 2014/15 Stats:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRKDIGGGL3R View Post
    DIRK is in again. Need a 6pm onwards draft time though please and thank you
    I'm sure that can be arranged. After 6pm works best for me too. Especially if we decide on a week night

vCash

****The Minnesota Vikings Forum Fantasy Football League****

I'm in if the draft is at a time I can participate. Last year I couldn't draft and I got totally
    Floored on my roster

vCash
    I'm in

vCash
    Im in!

vCash
    I am back in! However, Bill Musgrave is no longer moving the Chains...

vCash

vCash
    As for draft order I think that it would be fun to do it with last years standings just to keep it going year after year, to make it not feel like coming in last is a total loss. But assuming those that were inactive and are "new members" to the league, they would take up the back of the line.

So if we are going off of last years standings the draft order would be:

1. Bill Musgraves movin the Chains
    2. Purple People Eaters
    3. I Penetrated all her Sproles
    4. TDs n Beer MVPtrsn
    5. Password is Taco
    6. TheSport Messiah
    7. Peyton Pretty Touchdowns
    8. THE HEISMANBERGS
    9. 28 All Day, 69 All Night
    10. New Team (1st to join)
    11. New Team (2nd to join)
    12. New Team (3rd to join)

(these are the regular season standings, wasn't sure if we should use the playoff results)

The additional advantage to doing it this way is that we could set things up so picks could be traded before the draft. Similar to what we did in fantasy baseball. At least there would be a few more bargaining chips on the table to keep us occupied until the actual draft.

As for rule changes, I think I remember one that was brought up last season. Instead of having two WR spots and a WR/RB spot someone suggested having one WR/RB spot, a WR spot, and a UTIL spot so you could justifiably play 2 TE"s. I don't know if I really agree either way on the change since it didn't affect me, but it is up for discussion.

One last thing. Last season I played in a league that expanded the playoffs to include all of the teams in the "main bracket." Since we are only playing for bragging rights, it would expand the season for some teams and allow for some upsets in the playoffs. Basically, instead of having 4 teams do multiple week match ups, all 12 teams would make the playoffs in single week matches.
    Last edited by Mauer.400; 07-02-2014 at 12:12 AM.

vCash
    ^^ I like everything mentioned above, especially the dual TE role...pretty sure I was complaining about that.

The soon to be renamed Heismanbergs will go one better this year and win this damn thing.

AUSTRALIAN SKOL

Xavier Rhodes 2014/15 Stats:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRKDIGGGL3R View Post
    ^^ I like everything mentioned above, especially the dual TE role...pretty sure I was complaining about that.

The soon to be renamed Heismanbergs will go one better this year and win this damn thing.

AUSTRALIAN SKOL
    LOL. I am pretty sure it was you that complained about the TE issue. I had it down between you and Sports Messiah but didn't want to be wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    As for draft order I think that it would be fun to do it with last years standings just to keep it going year after year, to make it not feel like coming in last is a total loss. But assuming those that were inactive and are "new members" to the league, they would take up the back of the line.

So if we are going off of last years standings the draft order would be:

1. Bill Musgraves movin the Chains
    2. Purple People Eaters
    3. I Penetrated all her Sproles
    4. TDs n Beer MVPtrsn
    5. Password is Taco
    6. TheSport Messiah
    7. Peyton Pretty Touchdowns
    8. THE HEISMANBERGS
    9. 28 All Day, 69 All Night
    10. New Team (1st to join)
    11. New Team (2nd to join)
    12. New Team (3rd to join)

(these are the regular season standings, wasn't sure if we should use the playoff results)

The additional advantage to doing it this way is that we could set things up so picks could be traded before the draft. Similar to what we did in fantasy baseball. At least there would be a few more bargaining chips on the table to keep us occupied until the actual draft.

As for rule changes, I think I remember one that was brought up last season. Instead of having two WR spots and a WR/RB spot someone suggested having one WR/RB spot, a WR spot, and a UTIL spot so you could justifiably play 2 TE"s. I don't know if I really agree either way on the change since it didn't affect me, but it is up for discussion.

One last thing. Last season I played in a league that expanded the playoffs to include all of the teams in the "main bracket." Since we are only playing for bragging rights, it would expand the season for some teams and allow for some upsets in the playoffs. Basically, instead of having 4 teams do multiple week match ups, all 12 teams would make the playoffs in single week matches.
    Having the draft go in the reverse order of last years finish was actually my plan. That way we could trade draft picks like in fantasy baseball. People seemed to really enjoy that so like you mentioned it would be cool to do it for fantasy football.

I am not quite sure how to address some of the inactive players from last year because they are active in the forum and were active in past leagues. So I might give at least two of them second chances if they promise to be more active this year. I really want active people more than anything though so I guess it's a risk. I would prefer having eight people in a league and they all be active then twelve with only eight active.

I will change the RB/WR position to a true flex spot so people can also use a TE in it. I would have done it last season but the person (Dirk?) who suggested it did it after the draft and I didn't feel like it would have been fair because people didn't calculate that into their draft strategy.

I'm not sure about the playoff idea. It would cut the regular season down quite a lot. Considering it would cut the season down four weeks (? too early for me to do math lol).

vCash
    I'm cool with the reverse order, especially because I can pick 2nd lol I'm embarrassed how bad I was last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm cool with the reverse order, especially because I can pick 2nd lol I'm embarrassed how bad I was last year.
    Oh don't worry, getting last is so much worse, lol. It was so bad for me last year I think I even lost to a team that was inactive and missing a player in the consolation playoffs.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast