1st (8th Overall): William Nylander
    3rd (68th Overall): Ville Husso
    4th (94th Overall):Spencer Watson or Darby Llewellyn
    4th (103rd Overall): Alex Nedeljkovic, or Josh Sterk
    5th (128th Overall): Andreas Soderberg or Andreas Englund
    6th (158th Overall): Ryan Foss or Josh Wesley
    7th (188th Overall): Blake Clarke or Ryan Mantha

vCash
    I have no idea what is going to happen. I have a gut feeling we see Phaneuf moved tonight.

Ritchie to me is a Clarkson, JVR type of player and both guys are going to be with us for a long while. His best case outcome is Lucic but even still that doesn't interest me all that much. Big guys that play like that start to lose a step and IMO you are already seeing that with Lucic. I really want to move up and take one of Ekblad, Reinhart or Bennett.

Those are the 3 franchise guys IMO and I think it is realistic to see us moving up. If you had a defense with the likes of Reilly, Gradnier, Finn, Ekblad as your top 4, that is a pretty damn good young group moving forward. If you could throw in a couple rugged vets on defense that would look nice. In saying that how could we pass up a chance to draft a future #1 centre. The Leafs haven't drafted and developed a legit number 1 centre since Keon!!

"A friend in need is a friend to avoid"

vCash
    At this point I don't see us doing anything big other than adding a 2nd possibly. A buddy out west heard that Edmonton might go hard to make a splash like they tried to do with Schneider last year. If so I offer up Gardiner and Reimer for the 3rd and see if they bite. If not we're likely drafting at 8 and adding a 2nd for Franson or something.

vCash
    With the 8th I would love Ehlers (sp?) or Nylander, not sure why some people are so down on him I've seen people putting him in the teens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerguy2412 View Post
    I have no idea what is going to happen. I have a gut feeling we see Phaneuf moved tonight.

Ritchie to me is a Clarkson, JVR type of player and both guys are going to be with us for a long while. His best case outcome is Lucic but even still that doesn't interest me all that much. Big guys that play like that start to lose a step and IMO you are already seeing that with Lucic. I really want to move up and take one of Ekblad, Reinhart or Bennett.

Those are the 3 franchise guys IMO and I think it is realistic to see us moving up. If you had a defense with the likes of Reilly, Gradnier, Finn, Ekblad as your top 4, that is a pretty damn good young group moving forward. If you could throw in a couple rugged vets on defense that would look nice. In saying that how could we pass up a chance to draft a future #1 centre. The Leafs haven't drafted and developed a legit number 1 centre since Keon!!
    Draisaitl > Reinhart - I too hope they move up and grab Drais.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    At this point I don't see us doing anything big other than adding a 2nd possibly. A buddy out west heard that Edmonton might go hard to make a splash like they tried to do with Schneider last year. If so I offer up Gardiner and Reimer for the 3rd and see if they bite. If not we're likely drafting at 8 and adding a 2nd for Franson or something.
    Not a snowballs chance in hell Gardiner and Reimer turn into Oilers 3rd pick......maybe if Leafs also gave them their 8th....and I would do that deal from Leafs standpoint without hesitation.

vCash
    If we pick 8th, I hope the Leafs grab Fleury. I know, another defensive prospect but Fleury is going to be a beast and rock on someone's defense. Leafs can in turn trade some of their current d prospects (who aside from Rielly aren't the same quality as Fleury) and trade for a forward.

vCash
    2nd straight draft day, Canucks make a big deal.

God Ducks just got Kesler and still have a top 10 pick. What a ****ing amazingly run team.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    That`s where he wanted to go but that a horrible trade for the Nucks IMO. I would have really tried to get some young talent for Kesler, The Nucks aren`t winning anything anytime soon. Why not try and rebuild.

"A friend in need is a friend to avoid"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjago View Post
    Not a snowballs chance in hell Gardiner and Reimer turn into Oilers 3rd pick......maybe if Leafs also gave them their 8th....and I would do that deal from Leafs standpoint without hesitation.
    I meant that as if they're still desperate for help like they were last year (Offered way more for Schneider than NJ did)

If we pick 8th, I hope the Leafs grab Fleury. I know, another defensive prospect but Fleury is going to be a beast and rock on someone's defense. Leafs can in turn trade some of their current d prospects (who aside from Rielly aren't the same quality as Fleury) and trade for a forward.
    I take Nylander or Ehlers or Perlini over Fleury 100% at 8th Overall. If the Leafs can grab a 10-15 pick somehow then I'd consider taking Fleury there. He's not in that elite group for me. And with Percy, Finn, Rielly all ahead of him on the depth chart at LD right now, and Gunner/ Phaneuf being around a while, it would kind of be a wasted pick because he won't get a chance with us. We could trade Percy or Finn I guess but for what? and would it really be worth it? I take a top forward all things being equal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerguy2412 View Post
    That`s where he wanted to go but that a horrible trade for the Nucks IMO. I would have really tried to get some young talent for Kesler, The Nucks aren`t winning anything anytime soon. Why not try and rebuild.
    Sbisa doesn't count as a young talent? lol He's only 23 years old. And the NTC kind of handcuffs them with any deal, this was probably the best outcome for them, an NHL centerman, a Defensemen with a good chance of turning things around, and a 1st is a pretty good return for a 40-65 point center.

vCash
    Not a fan of taking a LHD at 8 but i hear great things about Fluery. One guy i would like is McKoewen late in the 1st. Leafs should grab another late first (maybe a trade with STL) and take him. RHD that does everything well but nothing elite. Has a lot of Matt Niskanen in him. The knock on him is he has elite tools (like skating) but he can't make up his mind, he's always making the safe play rather than taking a chance. People had the same issue with McDonagh when he was drafted too, so maybe he's a late round gem

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Sbisa doesn't count as a young talent? lol He's only 23 years old. And the NTC kind of handcuffs them with any deal, this was probably the best outcome for them, an NHL centerman, a Defensemen with a good chance of turning things around, and a 1st is a pretty good return for a 40-65 point center.
    I ****ing love Sbisa. If we traded Dion but got Sbisa in another deal i wouldn`t hate it. I firmly believe Sbisa can play 25 minutes a night right now and in the future. I dunno why the Ducks gave him up, even when he struggles there is a lot to like. Only issue is he`s a LHD. I don`t think he can play the right side.

vCash
    Great Deal by Anaheim.
    Great job Vancouver..is Nonis still running Vancouver team..lol.
    Hey Leafs management wake up..

“The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”

vCash
    Ribeiro is reportedly going to be bought out according to Dreger. Should the Leafs take on Ribby for a 1st/2nd (if PHX would do it). Leafs have the money

2014-15: $1,944,444
    2015-16: $1,444,444
    2016-17: $1,444,444
    2017-18: $1,944,444
    2018-19: $1,944,444
    2019-20: $1,944,444

or you could keep him for 3 years at $5.5 million.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast