V Martinez	Tigers	27%
    A. McCutchen	Pirates	26%
    David Ortiz	Red Sox	25%
    Evan Gattis	Braves	25%
    Josh Harrison	Pirates	25%
    T. Tulowitzki	Rockies	25%
    Derek Norris	Athletics	23%
    Lucas Duda	Mets  	23%
    ESPN uses a video-review service, one used by major league teams and media, which rates every batted ball as being hit either hard, medium or soft. They have visually-available criteria (was contact made on the sweet spot of the bat?) by which they determine the level they choose. Major-league teams have a tool known as Hit F/X and may use “exit velocity” as their primary criteria. That tool is not available publicly.

We’ve been sharing these rankings on Twitter throughout the season.

Duda has produced a hard-hit ball in 23 percent of his opportunities (at-bats plus sacrifice flies) this season. That ranks eighth among the 210 players with at least 200 plate appearances this season, fifth-best in the National League. Two Pirates, Andrew McCutchen and Josh Harrison, rank in the top three, sandwiched around Braves slugger Evan Gattis.

Duda’s 2014 rate matches that of Detroit Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera, arguably the game’s top slugger, and well exceeds that of former teammate Ike Davis (14 percent).
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...medium=twitter
    Code:
    Hard-Hit Rates- Notable Mets
    Lucas Duda	23%
    Bobby Abreu	20%
    C. Granderson	18%
    Chris Young	16%
    Daniel Murphy	16%
    David Wright	16%
    * Current MLB average: 16%

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Another reason to remain optimistic that Duda may evolve into one of the games better sluggers.

vCash
    Clay (and Sandy) have been right about Duda so far.

Kudos to you Mr. Duda fan.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    The funny part of Hudgens departure is that Duda was his pet project, and he is not here to reap the rewards.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Clay (and Sandy) have been right about Duda so far.

Kudos to you Mr. Duda fan.
    Duda has been exactly what everyone knew he'd be. A .240 hitter that'll hit around 20-22 hrs.

Ike, though, had two routes:
    1- hit .230 with 15 hrs
    Or
    2- hit .260+ wih 25-30 hrs.

The argument by the Ike people has always been that Ike is just a step below duda overall if bad, but if good, can be a legit first baseman.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Ike is no where as good as Duda.

vCash
    Hudgens leaving may have just what the doctor ordered for Duda. He has been more aggressive since his departure.

vCash
    As far as Ike goes, the problem with him now is that his power has not manifested in almost a year now. For a first baseman that's a big concern.

But I want to see Duda do this over the whole year and beyond. One hot month does not make me a believer.

vCash
    Well I was in Camp Ike and still have my doubts long-term about the decision they made.

But I'm happy as hell that Duda is mashing. Like Sick said, just want to see him do it all year long.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    I still have my doubts as well long term, but as I said a couple of weeks after the trade. Duda is the one playing for this team now and because of that I am rooting for him to mash. Sandy needs to get some of these decisions he has made regarding players right. We don't need to see more decisions like Pagan who he traded low on and the way McHugh has been pitching that seems like a bad decision as well and there has been other minor guys that seem to be doing well after they left.

vCash
    Of course, Duda needs to do this over a season. We've seen Ike get white hot for a half season only to revert. But for the time being our present left-handed hitting first baseman* shall be known as:

Lucas Delgado. LD. Mr. Line Drive himself.

*E. Campbell still gets a lot of playing time against lefties. Maybe that changes now?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    fanofduuda
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    FOD

When he is striking out his nickname shall be

FODDER

vCash
    Tough to evaluate Duda. Would he be a much better hitter all season with more protection in this lineup or not?

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    fanofduuda
    Well done!!!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast