Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Report: Kane and Toews want $12M per year each.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...ion-per-season

I've got to think it is worth it for the Blackhawks.

Still think it is a bad move for the players though when they demand so much money that their team can't sign additional talent. If I'm them, I'm staying at $6-$7M and asking the GM to bring in Spezza for the second line.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    I want that too lol but shouldn't this thread be in the Hawks forum?

vCash
    Great players but thats crazy. They were 68-69 point scorers. They are 2 of the best but 12 mill each?

vCash
    We have been discussing this a little in the NHL Offseason thread.

vCash
    I think it's relevant. With the cap rising, these two will set the bar for the big contracts going forward.

As for the 12, I feel like that's what the agent asked for as a starting point of negotiations. I feel like they both come in at around 10-10.5.

vCash
    If I'm the GM I say to them I think they are 2 of the best players but the highest paid players in the league do not get 10 mill. Please help us keep our team a viable place for other players. Give them the same rate as the highest paid players but no higher. Do not make it ugly but be realistic. If not for the team they would not have 2 cups and without 2 cups no 68 point forward gets 10 mill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    I want that too lol but shouldn't this thread be in the Hawks forum?
    Not really. They'd be the biggest UFAs in quite some time if they don't get deals worked out with Chicago. Also be trade bait potentially this year. And if they get the $12M it will set the new bar for signing players of their talent level.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I think it's relevant. With the cap rising, these two will set the bar for the big contracts going forward.

As for the 12, I feel like that's what the agent asked for as a starting point of negotiations. I feel like they both come in at around 10-10.5.
    Agree that I think they will end up with less through negotiations. I don't know if 10-10.5 is enough with how fast the cap is supposed to start growing again though. I could see $11M.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Agree that I think they will end up with less through negotiations. I don't know if 10-10.5 is enough with how fast the cap is supposed to start growing again though. I could see $11M.
    It's funny that there are reports that the cap might only be $68 next year while everyone had thought it would be $70+

Retweeted by Mark Lazerus

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 17m
    Right now the cap for next season will be at $68M and that's causing problems. But wait ! NHL and NHLPA are still talking. Final # to come.

vCash
    It's funny that there are reports that the cap might only be $68 next year while everyone had thought it would be $70+
    And if it is $68M next year and $80M the year after when these deals would go into effect, $10.5M will be low again. I would assume the Hawks are looking for the max contract length here. Obviously they have to care about the short term cap years, but they're focusing a lot more on the long term view.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    And if it is $68M next year and $80M the year after when these deals would go into effect, $10.5M will be low again. I would assume the Hawks are looking for the max contract length here. Obviously they have to care about the short term cap years, but they're focusing a lot more on the long term view.
    Oh yeah. The only way they don't get 8 years is if Kane/Toews preferred something shorter which doesn't seem to be the case.

vCash
    I bet they both sign at 8years 75mil

vCash
    8 years 80 is my bet

vCash
    8 years 80 is my bet
    I'm thinking closer to 8/84M but it could be quite some time before we see the results.

I had always hoped Kane would walk and come home to the Sabres, but due to the Sabres current situation, that seems unlikely.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    The fact that these deals haven't been announced yet has me nervous. Not that they won't sign them, they will, but at what number.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast