Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    432
    vCash
    1500

    Kyle Anderson and Shabazz Napier

    Alright, so if I had to give a letter grade to the HEAT on draft night, I'd give them a B for the Napier pick. Napier was solid in college, and in particular, took off his final two years @ UConn. BUT (and this is a HUGE but), Napier does not compare as favorably to Kyle Anderson (Kyle Anderson was still on the board, and was selected one pick later, by the team I hate the most, in the SA Spurs). Please look @ his monster stats, the two years he spent @ UCLA (especially in year 2).

    I know what some of you are going to say: Well, we already have LeBron, we didn't really need another 3. This is a stupid way of rationalizing, since 1) the Spurs also have Kawhi Leonard @ the 3 AND Tim Duncan @ the 4 (they're even more log jammed in the front court). And 2) The HEAT have not locked up LeBron yet. Imo (assuming Bron signs back) Anderson could have split time @ both the 3 and 4, along with Bron who does the same, and Kyle Anderson could have also been given some point guard duties (since he was such a great passer in college). Anderson was def the steal of the draft (and I really wish he hadn't gone to the team that does the best job of grooming their talent).

    Anyways, I digress, Napier's a solid pick, and I think that the HEAT can still go out and get Lowry. With Napier @ the 1 and Lowry getting mins @ both the 1 and the 2 (yes, Lowry can play off the ball), I think that could be a solid back court along w/ Wade (if Spo actually develops Napier ). And if the rumors of Bosh opting out to go play in TO are true, than the sky's the limit for the HEAT this off-season in terms of signing some much needed big man depth. Wade need's to take a pay cut though.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    11,764
    vCash
    500
    Anderson has shooting ability but is a poor defender and has poor athleticism.

    His strengths are passing and isolation play which he won't be asked to do on the HEAT. They made the absolute right choice skipping him. Reminds me a lot of Gordon Hayward which is not what we need at all.

    And Bosh isn't going anywhere. Certainly not in the idiotic scenario suggested (why exactly not traded for eachother???)
    Last edited by beasted86; 06-27-2014 at 09:38 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    432
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Anderson has shooting ability but is a poor defender and has poor athleticism.

    His strengths are passing and isolation play which he won't be asked to do on the HEAT. They made the absolute right choice skipping him. Reminds me a lot of Gordon Hayward which is not what we need at all.
    Bro, Gordon Hayward was no where near the passer Anderson is. As a matter of fact, Anderson did everything better (in college) safe for shooting the basketball (Hayward was slightly more efficient). That said, ofc it would not be impossible for a good college player not to pan out (see Michael Beasley). But I put the blame squarely on the coach when a good college player fails to realize his full potential. Spo's had several draftees to work with since Beasley and Chalmers. And much like Beasley and Chalmers, none of them have panned out (and Beasley was a monster in college smh).

    Anyways, I'm not actually disappointed in the Napier pick. I just wish the HEAT could have somehow come away w/ Kyle Anderson too.

    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    And Bosh isn't going anywhere. Certainly not in the idiotic scenario suggested (why exactly not traded for eachother???)
    (As per Ric Bucher)

    Source: Toronto looking to S&T Kyle Lowry to Miami for cash and future picks. Part II: Bosh opts out, returns to Toronto.

    — Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) June 27, 2014

    It's a rumor at this stage. But I'm hoping the part about Bosh is true. Certainly not the part about s&t for Lowry, I'd like for the HEAT to keep their future draft picks. Lowry's good, but with James and Wade getting older, HEAT need to also think about the future.
    Last edited by Dré; 06-27-2014 at 10:25 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    153
    vCash
    1500
    Beasley never panned out because he's a total head case. He has never been able to adapt to Spo's game plan and that's why Spo doesn't play him. The thing about 18-20yr olds is that you're drafting potential. They usually take at least 2 years to develop into a contributing player, and right now we don't have that luxury. I love the Shabazz pick because he has a much better chance of contributing right away than the younger guys drafted before him. Remember, we don't need an all-star caliber player in 2-3 years, we need somebody who can quickly develop into a role player for Lebron.

    Also, Ric Bucher's source is probably his 10-year-old nephew. These ESPN "insiders" are a complete joke (Marc Stein aside). If it doesn't come from Woj, it's probably bull ****.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    432
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin6601 View Post
    Beasley never panned out because he's a total head case. He has never been able to adapt to Spo's game plan and that's why Spo doesn't play him. The thing about 18-20yr olds is that you're drafting potential. They usually take at least 2 years to develop into a contributing player, and right now we don't have that luxury. I love the Shabazz pick because he has a much better chance of contributing right away than the younger guys drafted before him. Remember, we don't need an all-star caliber player in 2-3 years, we need somebody who can quickly develop into a role player for Lebron.
    I don't believe that. There's actually ample evidence that proves that players that come out of high school (discontinued practice because of the age restriction) and players that come out after 1 or 2 years of college (see Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Kawhi Leonard, et al), make up the most productive crop of players in NBA history (many of them contributing from day 1). Seniors make up the worst. That's not to say you won't find your Kenneth Farieds, Dikembe Mutombos, Dennis Rodmans, et al. But there's a reason most of these guys stay 4 years. Anyways, I don't know if you missed the point I made about Spo not developing ANY of his young talent? I'd be inclined to possibly agree w/ you, had he only messed up one or two times. But this is not an isolated incident. Yeh Beasley was(/possibly still is) a head case, but so are Dwight Howard, Rajon Rondo, and Lance Stephenson (doesn't keep them from being productive).

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin6601 View Post
    Also, Ric Bucher's source is probably his 10-year-old nephew. These ESPN "insiders" are a complete joke (Marc Stein aside). If it doesn't come from Woj, it's probably bull ****.
    Even if it's not true. Doesn't change the fact I want that dead weight off the team. HEAT can get much better big man value for cheaper. E.g., Jordan Hill and Dalembert (if Jackson decline's Dalembert's team option, which I believe he will). HEAT are in actually a great position right now, they just need to pull the right moves.
    Last edited by Dré; 06-27-2014 at 11:31 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    11,764
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dré View Post
    I don't believe that. There's actually ample evidence that proves that players that come out of high school (discontinued practice because of the age restriction) and players that come out after 1 or 2 years of college (see Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Kawhi Leonard, et al), make up the most productive crop of players in NBA history (many of them contributing from day 1). Seniors make up the worst. That's not to say you won't find your Kenneth Farieds, Dikembe Mutombos, Dennis Rodmans, et al. But there's a reason most of these guys stay 4 years. Anyways, I don't know if you missed the point I made about Spo not developing ANY of his young talent? I'd be inclined to possibly agree w/ you, had he only messed up one or two times. But this is not an isolated incident. Yeh Beasley was(/possibly still is) a head case, but so are Dwight Howard, Rajon Rondo, and Lance Stephenson (doesn't keep them from being productive).



    Even if it's not true. Doesn't change the fact I want that dead weight off the team. HEAT can get much better big man value for cheaper. E.g., Jordan Hill and Dalembert (if Jackson decline's Dalembert's team option, which I believe he will). HEAT are in actually a great position right now, they just need to pull the right moves.
    I think it's pointless stating you want the HEAT to trade away an all-star player that helped them win championships when you are a Hawks fan. Your opinion of what the team should do is irrelevant.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    432
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I think it's pointless stating you want the HEAT to trade away an all-star player that helped them win championships when you are a Hawks fan. Your opinion of what the team should do is irrelevant.
    I think your posts in general are irrelevant, as they are typically wrought with red herrings.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    While Anderson was fairly high on my list of options at 26, comparing him to Napier is a joke. While I am not discounting Anderson's talent or ability, he is simply not the player Shabazz is nor do they share a similar ceiling. Napier has lead his collegiate team to a national championship and made plays across the board and displayed an outstanding feel for the big moments. On a side note, a quite impressive one, Shabazz led his team in rebounding. Quite impressive for a 6'1" guard. Napier could develop into a Kemba Walker caliber player while Anderson fits the bill for more of poor mans Diaw. Anderson could develop into a quality role player off the bench and likely will always be a sound player with good iq but I will gladly take Napier.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    699
    vCash
    1500
    And so the get rid of bosh BS starts again... Bosh is not dead weight. He is a third option playing his designed role in a championship/4 time finals team.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiLoyal926 View Post
    And so the get rid of bosh BS starts again... Bosh is not dead weight. He is a third option playing his designed role in a championship/4 time finals team.
    Bosh is a key piece of our championship/finals run. Stop wishing him gone!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    11,764
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dré View Post
    I think your posts in general are irrelevant, as they are typically wrought with red herrings.
    So, am I wrong in suggesting you are a Hawks fan? Or do you think that fact just doesn't apply to conversations on what the HEAT should do with its team?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    432
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    So, am I wrong in suggesting you are a Hawks fan? Or do you think that fact just doesn't apply to conversations on what the HEAT should do with its team?
    Look I really don't care to discuss a load of bull w/ you. I'm seriously on here to figure out a way to make the HEAT a better team. Yes I disagree w/ you, and I don't believe that Bosh is an answer. Why? Because Bosh is below-average @ doing everything outside of scoring effectively, which makes him a very one-dimensional player, and a liability when his shot is not falling (like these are actually things that are reflected in his stats). You don't agree w/ me because you see something that's allegedly not measured by his stats. I've personally watched him play, and much like his stats, it leaves MUCH to be desired. And @ this stage in his career, that's just not going to happen. At the end of the day though, I'm really not on here to fight w/ you bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfDaNorth View Post
    While Anderson was fairly high on my list of options at 26, comparing him to Napier is a joke. While I am not discounting Anderson's talent or ability, he is simply not the player Shabazz is nor do they share a similar ceiling. Napier has lead his collegiate team to a national championship and made plays across the board and displayed an outstanding feel for the big moments. On a side note, a quite impressive one, Shabazz led his team in rebounding. Quite impressive for a 6'1" guard. Napier could develop into a Kemba Walker caliber player while Anderson fits the bill for more of poor mans Diaw. Anderson could develop into a quality role player off the bench and likely will always be a sound player with good iq but I will gladly take Napier.
    Are you serious? W/ the noted exception of scoring, Anderson had superior numbers across the board. That said, compare their respective rookie and sophomore campaigns. You'll notice that even in terms of scoring points, Anderson was superior in his first two years, vs Napier.

    You're comparing him to Diaw because the so-called moronic experts (many of whom suck at assessing talent) have consistently compared him to Diaw. Diaw never put up numbers like Anderson when he played overseas (before coming to the US). That said, it's entirely possible that Anderson doesn't pan out despite having been a monster in college, but this is a moot point, since the draft can be a crap shoot (even when you actually draft talented players). I can also see Anderson being highly productive, but being underutilized, thus not getting the recognition that he deserves. (See Kawhi Leonard who I've been saying is a star for a while now, but who will probably never get his props because he plays roughly ~25 mins per night.)

    Btw, Kemba Walker's not that good of a player (I'd be highly disappointed if that's what the HEAT got out of Napier). Now if Napier develops into Chris Paul, Steph Curry, or even just (pre-injury) Rajon Rondo with a jumpshot, then I'll be extremely happy.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    11,764
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dré View Post
    Look I really don't care to discuss a load of bull w/ you.
    So you're calling me a liar... you're not a Hawks fan?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •