Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Jabari Parker

I agree guys look worse in certain situations, but itís not super often that a guy looks so disinterested. And thatís really the concerning part to me. Victor Oladipo is sort of the poster child for that. Misused as a stand around and watch Russ guy and thrived now in Indy. But, as far as I know, he still went hard and didnít need to be coaxed by his teammates to stay engaged publicly.

I have no doubt in the right system he could probably thrive. But he better pretty pretty darn good if he expects the superstar treatment. And he hasnít shown that yet. Makes you wonder if he shuts down if a coach is hard on him.

Hard for me to say on Oladipo, I didn't watch him every night. Wouldn't suprise me one bit if he gave more effort this year just because he was more involved. That's just human nature.

I get what you're saying twellner, but what has Jabari ever done to deserve superstar treatment? He has been inconsistent at best. Gets blown past by any wing with good off the bounce skills. He has turned himself into a pretty good shooter, but isn't very good off the bounce and doesn't do much in the post. A lot is dependent on cuts or in transition. Not a polished half-court offensive player.

He doesn't need/deserve the superstar treatment, but he does deserve some committment from the coaching staff to him. I wasn't in the locker room so I can't say for sure, but it certainly sounds like Kidd did nothing but trash Parker from the day he was drafted.

I believe if Parker took the QO. He only gets about half of it now. Since he missed plenty of games and wasn't a starter most of the time. His QO is now only $4.33M. Doubt he takes that unless he hates Milwaukee and wants to move on. He got pouty twice now. Once during playoffs. Then that closed door meeting previous season he was called on. Players called him out for not trying or putting any effort in.

Whats your guys prediction on Parker's new contract? There's like only 11 teams with $11M or more. That doesn't include them teams signing their own players as well.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/

i think hes going to fetch around 18 mil a year just off sheer potential alone

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub View Post
    i think hes going to fetch around 18 mil a year just off sheer potential alone
    From which team takes the plunge?

So ****** has a couple cap projections. They have starting cap space, max cap space and projected cap space. Basically starting cap is what teams have with all holds and that crap. Max is the max a team can get if they renounce all holds and RFAs. Projected is their best guess at what teams will have after making decisions on rights and picks and all that crap.

So if we use projected cap as the metric, Indiana has $47 mill. Chicago and LA both have about $36. Dallas has $18 and Atlanta has $14. Presumably, Dallas and Atlanta could add some more projected cap space if they wanted, so I wouldnít count them out either. I also think their calculations are a little safe, and teams like Sacramento will probably open up some space as well.

But of those teams, Indiana is interesting. Parker isnít a perfect fit, but I could see them being interested. Iím sure heís not their first choice in FA, but if things fall through, that could be a team thatís interested. I donít think the lakers make sense. Even if they strike out in FA, I have to think they are interested in retaining Randle over Parker, and they probably look to maintain cap for next year as well. So unless Parker wants a 1 year big deal, LA is probably out. Parker would be a bit of an awkward fit with markanen, but heís from Chicago and that team is devoid of talent, so I could see them being interested. Atlanta is kind of in the same boat. They donít have much young talent, so I could see them trying to take a chance on him. Dallas kind of the same. They could use more young talent, so maybe they try to make the plunge too.

Mavs have Matthews and Barnes at the wings. Dirk at PF or they got him at center now? I suppose if Dirk plays center Parker gets his wish of playing PF. Bulls could be a wild card as well. But like ya mentioned they got Makkanen at PF. They got ACL injured RFA LaVine yet to sign. Haven't checked the Bulls roster but who they got at SF? Parker probably get the start there.

I mean, Dallas isnít winning a championship, so any free agent signing is about the future. Dirk doesnít have any bearing on what positions they sign. And Matthews and Parker are much different players, so I donít think heíll have much impact either. I could easily see them at least considering Parker.

I'm still confident Parker remains a Buck. He's our best shot at improving the roster IMO. We have no money to get a FA. Honestly we need Parker to come back and be 100% and hopefully even better than he was 2 years ago. I'm talking 20PPG and 7 RPG with improved defense. Hope to get him on a bargain deal with injury history and hope he pans out and becomes a steal. Lot of wishful thinking but without Parker on a bargain deal playing at a decent level I don't see how the Bucks compete with Boston in the future, or even Philly/Toronto.

Bigger question for me is what to do with Middleton. Not sure any of use want to give him a max contract.

I'm sure if we don't have a S&T lined up early we just match most Parker offer sheets. Then see about a Middleton extension or if he's gonna opt out of player option following year and bolt then Middleton maybe traded instead and then Parker gets his SF spot.

Still our core is way behind other teams like Celtics,76ers. Bucks were stupid when Parker got injured with his first ACL. We should of sold off Dudley,Zaza that year and bottomed out. No we made the playoffs. Then gave them guys away the next season or so.

That was our last chance at a high pick. Now selling off vets would tick Giannis off. No way to get any better. Also doesn't help our last three first rounds picks in Vaughn,Maker,Wilson been meh. We may have to use Brogdon,Maker,#17 to unload any of our 3 Amigos if we can. Probably wont happen. So we have to waste like 2 or 3 more years of Giannis till we have capspace.

Also Middleton not able to play SG any longer pretty much forces something to give between him and Parker. Bucks kinda evolved while Parker was on hiatus with injuries. Middleton slid up to SF. We out bid our selves to keep SG Snell as a rfa. We traded for Bledsoe. Lousy drafting. Heck if we had any of BAM,OG,Kuzma,Allen last draft we wouldn't be talking about all the holes on this roster right now. Heck BAM or Allen be instant starter at C.

I mean, if we took OG or kizma, weíd still be talking about holes because those guys are best suited at the positions we already have filled. We need a pg and have needed one for a long time. Bledsoe didnít do that much at that spot. We still need a center. Allen would have fit that bill, but Kuzma and OG wouldnít have helped there.

Well just saying if we hit on the Wilson pick we got a asset to maybe move a bad contract later. Now its like the Wilson pick is meh. If he doesn't do something this season he be thrown out the door with his option declined then traded for pennies on the dollar like Vaughn.

Maker isn't all that exciting. I don't see him ever improving in the rebounding department at all. He's pretty much get a couple blocks and hopefully hits a couple threes. But time he bulks up he be barely any better then Henson and then over paid scrub we wished we didn't sign to a extension.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526