Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Position Battles

There seems to be a lot of competition and a bit of unknown at some positions (every position on offense is up for grabs). What are your projections and expectations from the following groups....

QB

WR

TE

RB

OL

LB

CB

I believe Schaub will have a good year and return back to form. He will stay at the helm all year.

I think that Streater will be #1. Holmes #2. Jones #3. Moore #4. Criner #5. Little #6.

Rivera reminds me of A Hernandez ON THE FIELD.

I am so confused about the RB position. I am hoping that Sheets and Murray stay on the mix.

Etc..

If Schaub is QB all year, it means the Raiders are winning. Excited for the season to start!!

vCash
    I am interested in:

QB Schaub being solid

RB This position battle has me excited

WR Will any of them actually show up

DL LB Can we pass rush? Anyone stand out?

CB Hayden and his development

That is a quick ... On my mind list of what I wanna see

vCash
    I'm most intrigued in the backfield, LB core, WR core, and secondary situations. I forgot half of the acquisitions already. Late July early August needs to roll around so I can start getting an understanding of the personnel.

vCash
    I hope Latavius Murray doesnt get cut because he could be a real playmaker

vCash
    QB: If Schaub can play decent enough to win games its his job to loose. If he starts screwing up, Carr is in.

WR: Streater #1, Jones #2, Moore#3(slot)

TE: Ausberry #1 if he can stay healthy, Rivera #2

RB: McFadden and MJD both #1 and #2(I think they will be swapping snaps in games)

OL: Penn, Howard, Wiz, Jackson, Watson

LB: Sio Moore, Roach, Mack

CB: Hayden, Brown

Safety: Woodson, Branch

vCash
    I am most interested in the OL because if they can give good protection our Running game and our qb play should be good but I feel this area is weak.

I am also very interested in our Corners and if they can do good. I feel they are the second weakest area on the team.

The Dline I am exited about and think we will get some good pass rush this year. That should help out our corners.

As far as QB I am good with whoever plays.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Darts View Post
    I am most interested in the OL because if they can give good protection our Running game and our qb play should be good but I feel this area is weak.

I am also very interested in our Corners and if they can do good. I feel they are the second weakest area on the team.

The Dline I am exited about and think we will get some good pass rush this year. That should help out our corners.

As far as QB I am good with whoever plays.
    It goes without saying that we are all interested in every aspect of our team, but I think you nailed some priority positions of interest. QB, is set. I am also anxious to see MJD at full strength and our improved WR corps. It is going to be a fun preseason IMO.

vCash
    TE position, not the receiving threat, the BLOCKER. Aus has the size, it's that he switched from receiver, and never did it in college, he has supposedly improved greatly, Rivera can't even get in a guys way,(so the Hernandez comparison stops there) but man can he catch. Kasa again has size, but was a DE and gets lost. Our Inline TE needs to step up!! Kalif Barnes again??

Reggie's Rebuild!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 00raider81:28709903
    TE position, not the receiving threat, the BLOCKER. Aus has the size, it's that he switched from receiver, and never did it in college, he has supposedly improved greatly, Rivera can't even get in a guys way,(so the Hernandez comparison stops there) but man can he catch. Kasa again has size, but was a DE and gets lost. Our Inline TE needs to step up!! Kalif Barnes again??
    TE is interesting. IMO, Rivera could bulk up a bit and take a few extra reps. He is a receiving threat and the Raiders need to get him in the game consistently. I could see him being a legit top 10-15 TE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 00raider81 View Post
    Rivera has improved as well. I think that our TEs are going to surprise some people.

vCash
    DBs: Back-ups
    The top of the depth chart is pretty set with Hayden, Tarrell Brown, Carlos Rogers, C-Wood, and Branch. But it's not clear who will be the back-up safeties and who will be the 4th/5th CBs. Chekwa and Dowling are challenging vets Ross and Young. Chance Casey, McGill, Taiwan Jones, Dowling, and Chekwa competing for the 4th/5th CB spots.

OL: Starting 5 arrangement, who gets the last 3 OL spots
    -The top 5 are pretty set: Penn, Jackson, Wiz, Howard, Watson. What positions they play is not set in stone. Two possible challengers to the top-5 (not Wiz) are Barnes and McCants.
    -Assuming we keep 10 OL, there will be some tough cuts. Penn, Jackson, Wiz, Howard, Watson, Barnes, and McCants are the top 7. Bergstrom looks locked in at #8 and Boothe is probably good for #9 bc of his versatility? Left are Mady, Nix, and a bunch of PS vets and UDFAs. It's even possible the leftovers are all cut and we bring in players from other teams' PS (McCants was such an add).

DL: Will Jelly beat Pat Sims? Will McGee beat Antonio Smith?
    -Sims and Jelly/McGee and Smith are in direct competition bc they play the same positions. Jelly and McGee both have potential but Sims played well last year and Smith is an established vet.
    -Not really a position battle but I wonder if Jack Crawford makes the roster this year.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    It goes without saying that we are all interested in every aspect of our team, but I think you nailed some priority positions of interest. QB, is set. I am also anxious to see MJD at full strength and our improved WR corps. It is going to be a fun preseason IMO.
    Holmes as been impressing in camp. It would be nice if he stood out. Doesn't seem like we have a game breaker at WR, but the lot may be the best in years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider_fan View Post
    I hope Latavius Murray doesnt get cut because he could be a real playmaker
    If he gets cut...it's probably because he isnt a playmaker lol

We all want him to succeed, but he has yet to step on an NFL field and show he is a playmaker. Would be nice...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    DBs: Back-ups
    The top of the depth chart is pretty set with Hayden, Tarrell Brown, Carlos Rogers, C-Wood, and Branch. But it's not clear who will be the back-up safeties and who will be the 4th/5th CBs. Chekwa and Dowling are challenging vets Ross and Young. Chance Casey, McGill, Taiwan Jones, Dowling, and Chekwa competing for the 4th/5th CB spots.

OL: Starting 5 arrangement, who gets the last 3 OL spots
    -The top 5 are pretty set: Penn, Jackson, Wiz, Howard, Watson. What positions they play is not set in stone. Two possible challengers to the top-5 (not Wiz) are Barnes and McCants.
    -Assuming we keep 10 OL, there will be some tough cuts. Penn, Jackson, Wiz, Howard, Watson, Barnes, and McCants are the top 7. Bergstrom looks locked in at #8 and Boothe is probably good for #9 bc of his versatility? Left are Mady, Nix, and a bunch of PS vets and UDFAs. It's even possible the leftovers are all cut and we bring in players from other teams' PS (McCants was such an add).

DL: Will Jelly beat Pat Sims? Will McGee beat Antonio Smith?
    -Sims and Jelly/McGee and Smith are in direct competition bc they play the same positions. Jelly and McGee both have potential but Sims played well last year and Smith is an established vet.
    -Not really a position battle but I wonder if Jack Crawford makes the roster this year.
    OT scares the **** out of me, but the interior should be fun to watch with the RB's.

I have a feeling the DT position will be rotated regularly based on down situation. Makes sense really, and I have no problem with it if they can be disruptive. Otherwise our pass rushers will be hung out to dry and our DB's burned again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Holmes as been impressing in camp. It would be nice if he stood out. Doesn't seem like we have a game breaker at WR, but the lot may be the best in years.
    I like what Holmes has shown, we need him to be more consistent, but I think he's a gem. Streater too. Also I think people are under-valuing Jones. He's going to shock a few people who aren't really paying attention. I like Moore, but I want him to pick it up a bit. Everyone else is expendable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast