Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Around The NBA Part III

Here's a new thread to continue NBA wide discussion.

vCash
    with the move of Afflalo, makes the West stronger a little more.

I think if we could get Ariza, we could be in the mix of top 4 in the East pretty easily, assuming Lowry is still our PG.

vCash
    a big reach is you ink acting as though you have intimate knowledge of Lebron and what's important to him. we get it, you don't like "superteams", but don't make **** up just to slander a guy.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 06-26-2014 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I don't think Ariza will sign for the MLE. I think he'd be solid here though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I don't think Ariza will sign for the MLE. I think he'd be solid here though.
    yea, there are teams who may offer more money now that they are shredding salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    a big reach is you ink acting as though you have intimate knowledge of Lebron and what's important to him. we get it, you don't like "superteams", but don't make **** up just to slander a guy.
    I was referring his frequent reference to GOAT status. There's no "intimate" knowledge required. I also started by saying I think. Reading comprehension.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    with the move of Afflalo, makes the West stronger a little more.

I think if we could get Ariza, we could be in the mix of top 4 in the East pretty easily, assuming Lowry is still our PG.
    Ariza would be a very good patch for a few years.

vCash
    Riley making moves, it makes me sick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    Riley making moves, it makes me sick.
    It makes me wonder... is NBA salary cap broken? It is designed to keep teams even, and promote competition. The truth, though, is that big-market teams can underpay superstars to build super-teams, and those superstars will still get paid plenty through endorsements by playing for a big market team, and by playing on a super-team.

LeBron gets over $40 million a year in endorsements -- of course he doesn't mind taking a cut to continue to play on super-teams.

Once your top players don't care to get paid the top money, the system designed to equalize teams through salary caps no longer works.

vCash
    People said we overpaid for Lowry. But I'll take Lowry's contract and talents everyday over what Parsons and Hayward are getting. That's borderline superstar money for those two guys.

vCash
    I wonder what its means for Marion and Carter if Dallas gets Parsons..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    People said we overpaid for Lowry. But I'll take Lowry's contract and talents everyday over what Parsons and Hayward are getting. That's borderline superstar money for those two guys.
    I think Lowry's contract is reasonable. I like Hayward, but that's a lot of money.

vCash
    So LBJ soap opera continues. If he doesn't sign with the Cavs, his PR people are really doing a bad job. I know LBJ probably doesn't care about others, but why give hope to that poor city.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I wonder what its means for Marion and Carter if Dallas gets Parsons..
    It puts a lot of pressure on the Rockets and Bosh to make a decision quickly. They decide to match on Parsons before Bosh signs and I believe that option is pretty much out the window. Bosh takes too long and they lose Parsons for nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    So LBJ soap opera continues. If he doesn't sign with the Cavs, his PR people are really doing a bad job. I know LBJ probably doesn't care about others, but why give hope to that poor city.
    Exactly, it's like the chick that leads you on, gets you to make some changes for her, and then goes back to her old boyfriend.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast