Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

DRAFT DAY THREAD: Ujiri makes his first Raptors draft pick

DRAFT DAY EDITION

Huge day today. Here's a thread to separate the draft speculation of the past few months from the actual happenings on DRAFT DAY. Go Masai!

Here's one of the big rumours you've been talking about in the older thread. Another rumour is that Ariza is in play for us.

The Toronto Raptors are reportedly in talks with the Memphis Grizzlies that could see them add a first round draft pick and a veteran forward on draft day.

According to ESPN's Marc Stein, the Raptors could send John Salmons and their 37th pick to the Grizzlies for Tayshaun Prince and the No. 22 pick.

Toronto already owns the 20th pick and have reportedly shown interest in drafting Canadian Tyler Ennis.

Prince, 34, averaged six points, 1.6 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game in 76 games played this season.

Salmons, 34, came to Toronto in the deal that sent Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings. He averaged 5.2 PPG, 1.9 APG and 2.1 RPG in 78 games with the Kings and Raptors this season.

The addition would add approximately $7 million to Toronto's payroll next year, but Prince's deal expires after 2014-15.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=455753
    Last edited by ink; 06-26-2014 at 03:43 PM.

vCash
    Let's git it done!

vCash
    This is interesting. If this gets done, I assume the Raps would waive Prince as I just don't see a role for him on this team. Prince's defensive has fallen off significantly and he is as useful as Landry Fields on offense.

I expect that if this trade happens, Toronto will package both first rounders to move up in the draft.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Come Check Out the Raptors Forum!
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Apparently the Raps want Swiiss PF Clint Capela with the 22nd pick who compares to a raw Serge Ibaka.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Come Check Out the Raptors Forum!
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    I'm going to have to merge this with the Draft day thread,

vCash
    I posted this rumour in the " off season rumour "thread
    Isn't that the point of that thread ?

vCash
    ^^

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    This is a specific deal and this is draft day. The thread title may change if this evolves into something bigger later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    This is interesting. If this gets done, I assume the Raps would waive Prince as I just don't see a role for him on this team. Prince's defensive has fallen off significantly and he is as useful as Landry Fields on offense.

I expect that if this trade happens, Toronto will package both first rounders to move up in the draft.
    If raptors aren't targeting players at these spots, then yes, I hope they move up to get someone really good.

vCash
    This topic is now in 3 different threads .. Can we just make one thread for all " draft day " and
    rumours , seems logical

vCash
    Raptors to Pursue Trevor Ariza?
    According to a source with direct knowledge of the situation, the Toronto Raptors are expected to express interest in free agent small forward Trevor Ariza this offseason.

vCash
    20 + 22 aren't nearly equal to 6 or higher, i.e. what's needed to get one of these potential franchise players. I think it is what it is rumoured to be -- Raps have seen a couple of interesting players at around 20, and want a chance at having two instead of just one. We don't have cap room this year to go for any big free agents, so why not take on a bad salary for one year and increase our chances of picking up something good in the draft.

The only way we get into top 6 is if we give up Val + both of these first rounders, and I don't see that happening. Strangers things have been done in Raptors land, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    20 + 22 aren't nearly equal to 6 or higher, i.e. what's needed to get one of these potential franchise players. I think it is what it is rumoured to be -- Raps have seen a couple of interesting players at around 20, and want a chance at having two instead of just one. We don't have cap room this year to go for any big free agents, so why not take on a bad salary for one year and increase our chances of picking up something good in the draft.

The only way we get into top 6 is if we give up Val + both of these first rounders, and I don't see that happening. Strangers things have been done in Raptors land, though.
    I don't think we can expect a top 7 push. More like if they see a player that is solid at may be 10-15 range....those picks can help.

vCash
    Love it.

Get as many picks as possible in this draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post

You can move to 11 though with a shot at Stauskas or Gordon.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast