Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Nuggets trade Evan Fournier and 56th pick for Arron Afflalo

Confirmed Yahoo report that the #Nuggets have traded Evan Fournier to Orlando for Arron Afflalo and the 56th pick.

Source: Chris Dempsey on twitter

vCash
    What a steal, great!

Like Fournier a lot, but we want to win now. And Fournier needs time.

vCash
    Sad to see Evan go, but thats a good deal. First good deal by Connelly.

vCash
    Talk to me about Fournier. I know he shoots 3s, but give me intel
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    A poor man's Ginobli IMO. A slasher and a shooter who can score/create off the dribble and can shoot. Not consistent though, not yet anyway.

vCash
    Its hard to tell with him. He flashes skill and other times he just is nonexistent. I think if he hits his potential he very well could be a top 5 six man in the league. More than likely I see him as an average bench player.

vCash
    Im one of the big believers in him, he has the size and length you want out of a SG, he is a solid 3pt shooter with high upside behind the arc, he is a good passer but not a great one and is in NO way a playmaker (dont even think about him at PG). My favorite things about him are his confidence and his BBIQ for his age. I think he will someday be a solid starting SG with average defense and above average offense. Probably not all-star level though. Poor mans ginobli is a good comparison, he throws out some awesome euro-steps occasionally

vCash
    This trade changes our draft. I wouldn't mind trading back with Chicago. Draft Tyler Ennis and maybe saric. But I would really like elfrid Payton now.

vCash
    I love the deal because nothing makes me happier than seeing AAAA back he is instantly back to being my second favorite nugget behind ty and will fit in great. This also is exciting because we now officially have a shot to get back to making noise if Gallo can come back strong and McGee can become something solid. I would argue our bench is better than it has been if people stay healthy with Nate/Foye/Quincy/Darth/Mozzie.

My draft big board assuming no one unexpected falls to us is now

Nurkic
    Lavine
    Stauskus

vCash
    The only thing I dont love about this trade (even as a big Fournier fan) is that it just shows how PUTRID the Iguodala trade was

We traded Evan Fournier, the 12th pick, the 56th pick, and 2 years of Afflalo for 1 year of Andre "the mole" Iguodala and Randy Foye

vCash
    I havent been the following the draft...but who is absolutely the best player we can get at the 11th? Regardless of position? Whoever it is, thats who we should get! We dont need to draft a SG/2 guard anymore....I say the best player, whether a PG, SG, SF, PF, OR C...regardless what position, we should draft him. I feel like we dont need a 2 guard anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    I havent been the following the draft...but who is absolutely the best player we can get at the 11th? Regardless of position? Whoever it is, thats who we should get! We dont need to draft a SG/2 guard anymore....I say the best player, whether a PG, SG, SF, PF, OR C...regardless what position, we should draft him. I feel like we dont need a 2 guard anymore.
    Thats actually a really tough question, assuming no top top talent miraculously falls to us the best player talent wise would be Dario Saric(basically a Gallo clone skillset-wise), but he will be overseas for at least 2 years. The best upside we could get immediately would be Zach Lavine but he is a big developmental boom or bust type(the hope is that hes the next Paul George), and the guy who's probably the best fit for Shaws system and one of the better upsides, as well as being my personal hopeful pick, is Jusuf Nurkic (Pekovic is a good comparison for playstyle). The best immediate impact would probably be Gary Harris (role playing long range shooter with a very low ceiling but higher floor than the rest of these guys)

vCash
    Alright cool, i'm going to get doing my research before the draft tonight.

vCash
    Who knows. This could be that trade they were talking about to try and get Kevin Love, which would be stupid if he doesn't re sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    Alright cool, i'm going to get doing my research before the draft tonight.
    I see a trade tonight
    Ty/Nate
    Afflalo/ foye
    Gallo/illwill
    Faried/ Hickson/ Arthur
    McGee/ mozzy

Deep but we can trade up tonight too I think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast