Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 draft day thread

It's finally here guys!

vCash
    bradyoverated wrote "if we were to place a commonly discussed value on Rondo - say McLemore and the #8 pick"

I'd do that, doubt we get that.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    https://twitter.com/DJJazzyJody/stat...90752843489281

Is it fair to label this draft "The Year of the Foot"...???
    Last edited by Forever35; 06-26-2014 at 06:25 AM.
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    First post and he's already talking Rondo smh

Should be an interesting night! A lot of hype around this draft, prob see some more player movement too after a few trades went down last night

My wish list is Smart n Warren

vCash
    Dear god,
    Please let the celtics draft Marcus smart with the #6 pick then proceed to trade rondo to sactown for the #8 and take vonleh or embiid then draft Dario saric with the #17
    Sincerely Chris fox
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I kind of agree with this, but then we'd end up will BB in a helicopter trying to fly over random football fields all over the country.
    Big Brother is watching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    https://twitter.com/DJJazzyJody/stat...90752843489281

Is it fair to label this draft "The Year of the Foot"...???
    Think he means Randle. First bit of misinformation / redirection of focus of the day! lol.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    If we draft Smart we don't have to get rid of Rondo...

vCash
    If DAnny believes Embiid will drop to #6, does he still try to move up in the draft order?

My hunch is that he does. I think he targets Parker. The kid's game really reminds me of a young PP.

Your thoughts?

My preference is that he does not. I'm okay with minimal moves and keeping the picks. If he does anything I hope it is to ship Bass (& cash?) to a contender and obtain a late first round pick in exchange.

Just let Bradley & Bayless walk. Waive Bogans. Sign Hill & Meeks if affordable. In general just continue accumulating assets to be used next summer.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    I dont understand why anyone still wants Saric when he may not be over for 2-3 years and even that isnt guaranteed.

Im not wasting a top 20 pick in this draft on him anymore. Once he's over it's going to take him another year or two to acclimate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I dont understand why anyone still wants Saric when he may not be over for 2-3 years and even that isnt guaranteed.

Im not wasting a top 20 pick in this draft on him anymore. Once he's over it's going to take him another year or two to acclimate.
    If he s the shooter everyone says to be. Ill gladly take him at 17 and wait two season. Not like this team is going to be good before then.
    Boston Sports!!

vCash
    This is interesting:

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider · 8s · More
    Sources: Cavs were calling around offering teams Orlando's picks at 4 & 12 for players last night. Interesting.

So, do you think Orlando was trading those picks to Cleveland OR was Orlando going to facilitate something else for Cleveland by trading those picks elsewhere? The rumors swirling around Afflalo come to mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    If he s the shooter everyone says to be. Ill gladly take him at 17 and wait two season. Not like this team is going to be good before then.
    Lack of strength is a serious issue with this kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Lack of strength is a serious issue with this kid.
    Oh, have you worked out with him?

Durant was the same physique. Many others as well.

vCash
    Suddenly, Embiid’s stock started dropping, which created chaos at the top of the draft. Teams scrambled to gather medical information on him, while some speculated that Embiid could fall out of the top 10. All that happened within days of the draft, giving teams a curveball that they won’t see often, if ever. “It’s a pretty unique situation,” said Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge. But on the eve of the draft, several league sources said that Embiid could fall to the Celtics at the sixth pick — and that the Celtics are expected to grab him if he’s there. Boston Globe
    Told y'all.

vCash
    Embiid at 6 would be ideal for me. I didn't think we had a chance at first but the closer the draft gets I have a feeling we might get lucky.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast