Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Question on taking on contracts?

So, we are going to see a lot of contract dumping in order for teams to set up for the signing of James, Mello, and others. I guess I'm unclear on how that works. The trades in the summer don't need to be matching salaries? If that's the case and we have $11M under the cap could we do:

Nash and Brooks ($10.6M) with the #7 pick?

or

Crawford, Collision, and Green ($8.5M) with the #28 pick?

What would we have to give back, if any? Would a 2015 2nd rounder work? Seems to easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    So, we are going to see a lot of contract dumping in order for teams to set up for the signing of James, Mello, and others. I guess I'm unclear on how that works. The trades in the summer don't need to be matching salaries? If that's the case and we have $11M under the cap could we do:

Nash and Brooks ($10.6M) with the #7 pick?

or

Crawford, Collision, and Green ($8.5M) with the #28 pick?

What would we have to give back, if any? Would a 2015 2nd rounder work? Seems to easy.
    Not sure, but for somebody like Monroe or Stuck, I think they have a cap "hold" that has their salary figured in in order to be able to sign someone and not go above the cap. Or guy like Monroe who is a RFA, I think definitely has a cap hold.

In terms of trading, nobody can really do anything until Tuesday - 1-July. And you can trade picks until 2pm tomorrow and then I believe all the trades are "conditional" in terms of 1-July - even though they announce them tomorrow.

vCash
    If we have the cap space we can trade a future pick for anybody as long as we have the cap space for it.