0 0%
  • Bill Russell

6 6.45%
  • Moses Malone

1 1.08%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

PSD's Official #2 NBA Player of All Time

Voting for the #1 player of all time has concluded. The winner is...

Michael Jordan

30.1 PPG | 6.2 RPG | 5.3 AST | 0.7 BPG | .497% FG | 27.9 PER | 214.0 WS

Achievements:

14 time All-Star
    6 NBA Championships
    '85 Rookie Of The Year
    5 Time MVP
    6 Time Finals MVP
    3 Time All-Star Game MVP
    '88 Defensive Player of the Year
    10 Time All-NBA First Teamer
    1 Time All-NBA Second Teamer
    9 Time All-Defensive First Teamer
    Led the League in scoring 10 times
    Led the League in steals 3 times
    Led the League in PER 8 times

Voting:

Michael Jordan = 66 votes
    LeBron James = 10 votes
    Kobe Bryant = 4 votes
    Wilt Chamberlain = 3 votes
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar = 1 vote
    Magic Johnson = 1 vote
    Shaquille O'Neal = 1 vote
    Larry Bird = 0 votes
    Tim Duncan = 0 votes
    Hakeem Olajuwon = 0 votes
    Oscar Robertson 0 votes
    Bill Russell = 0 votes

The List:

1. Michael Jordan

---------------------------

Please vote, explain AND nominate someone else to add to the future polling choices.

Moses Malone has been added to the poll.

(If a mod would like to stick this, go ahead! If not, whatever...)

vCash
    This vote is between Russell, KAJ and Magic. I'm just going to have to go with Russell here. 11 championships, 5 MVPs, averaged 16/24.9 in the playoffs. That's just ridiculous.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash

I'd go with KAJ

vCash
    Wilt here for the 2nd time. When everybody say "Wilt doesn't count cause he was unfairly stronger, faster...". Does Jordan deserve more because he's more human? Sure
    Does Jordan dominated more than Wilt? Hell no, and don't bring the ring argument, nobody can win alone.

That's funny when you hear "Durant beats the Jordan's streak of 25 points.." or "K.Love beats the Moses Malone streak", Wilt isn't even mentioned. It was another time for sure, but what does he need to do to be considered the best? Score 70 points a game with 40 boards while being triple-teamed in every possession?

He doesn't have a lot of ships, because the Celtics were a better team. But he was by far the better player.
    He lost a bunch of game 7, and he is just 15-21 versus Russell in the Playoff, the domination wasn't as big as the 11 titles to 2 seem to show.

If you want to make a thread about the best team ever, go ahead with those Celtics, or the Bulls . As far as the best player is concerned, it has to be Wilt.

vCash
    I've always felt Hakeem is the second best player ever to play the game. Probably not a popular choice, but I have to go with the Dream.

vCash
    I maintain that Russell is more or less the most overrated player ever. I hate throwing buzz words like that around, but yeah. I'll get to that when he's actually a viable threat. I don't think he'll get the votes here at 2.

I like KAJ here pretty convincingly. His accolades, team success, numbers, etc. are just all too strong. Yes, he played with Magic for a large portion of his career and Oscar early on, but his first ring w/ the Bucks he was far and away "the guy" and Oscar was passed his prime (not to mention that he never won in his prime on his "own"). He was still significantly better than Magic for the earlier parts of their time together, as well. Yes, Magic got the bulk of those Finals MVPs, but I can't take a lot credit away from him for that. He was just older, and Magic was fully in his prime. Flip that around and KAJ is easily winning those Finals MVPs himself. He was better in his prime than Magic, and his prime lasted a bit longer.

19 all star games. 6 MVPs. 2 Finals MVPs. 6 rings. 2nd all time in win shares. most minutes ever played. countless all-NBA and all-defense awards. the guy mixes peak dominance with longevity better than anyone in the league. he's been a scoring champ, a rebound champ, a block champ. he lead the league in PER and WS 9 times. he was efficient. he was a great defender.

Mix stats, success, accolades and longevity and he's a clear #2 in my opinion. There are a few things to nitpick, like 2 Finals MVPs in 6 Wins, but I kinda touched upon that and I think the rest aren't terribly significant.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    I'm going with Shaq based off of nothing more than my eye test. I probably have rose-colored glasses, and I would probably have voted Wilt if I ever had a chance to see him play, but when I was growing up and starting to like basketball, Shaq was the most dominant force I'd ever seen. Always loved everything he did on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    Went with Bird here. I was tempted to go with one of the big centers of all time in Hakeem or Kareem but ended up going against the grain a bit. Larry was the dominant star of the 80`s, won the 3 titles and 3 mvp`s while being one of the league greatest scorers of all time. Half the guys in the poll have a case to go here at number 2 as this is always where the discussion gets interesting.

vCash

Magic

vCash
    Voted: Kareem
    Nominate: David Robinson

vCash
    The most dominant and unstoppable player of all times - Wilt Chamberlain, my vote goes to him

Interesting fact:
    In 1964-1965 season the lane was widened from 12 to 16 feet, change primarily attributed to the dominance of Wilt Chamberlain. However it didn't affect Wilt Chamberlain at all.
    Last edited by Minimal; 06-25-2014 at 01:57 PM.

vCash
    ^ They made it a rule that you could not dunk in college ball while Kareem was at UCLA (then rescinded it once he left), so he just developed the best shot in NBA history instead.

vCash
    Kareem for me .

vCash
    Wilt, the only other player with a legitimate claim at #2 is Kareem.

I really hope PSD breaks away from traditional/mainstream opinion which considers both Magic and Bird top five. they both had short careers, weren't impact players on defense and neither deserve to be ahead of most of the leagues greatest bigmen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Wilt, the only other player with a legitimate claim at #2 is Kareem.

I really hope PSD breaks away from traditional/mainstream opinion which considers both Magic and Bird top five. they both had short careers, weren't impact players on defense and neither deserve to be ahead of most of the leagues greatest bigmen.
    You can't say Bird was just ''not an impact player defensively'', c'mon Bruno. Super tough/smart defender with incredibly quick hands (always averaged over 1.5 stls and around 1 block) who would also jump in and fight for the defensive board (and as arguably the top rebounding SF superstar ever, generally got it) - which is a huge aspect of closing out a defensive sequence. 1v1 you could not call him elite, but on the whole he was very much +defender. Statistically, he led the league in D win shares a # of times and was on multiple all defensive teams. Between his rebounding/passing/defense/scoring, he is probably only behind Lebron in terms of impact on all ends of the court from the forward position.

Anyway, glad to see Kareem taking this. Wilt likely has him beat as an individual talent in his prime (probably not by much), but KAJ's peak is top 5 All Time, his career + accolades are imo #1 All Time, and by comparison the # of seasons he was an elite player (ALL NBA and top 5 in MVP voting from 69-70 to 85-86) is 3 years longer than Wilt's full career. If Kareem began to fade 3 years before he did, it would be a more interesting debate for me.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast