Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Why Does Kevin Long Still Have a Job?

I know there are a lot of issues with this year's team including the injuries to starting pitching. However, if you look at this team's hitting since 2006, they have consistently gone down in EVERY category. Team Batting Average, On-Base percentage (Huge Drop), Slugging percentage (Huge Drop), OPS (Huge Drop) and Runs Per Game. I know we have some older players but it seems that when guys come here, (Tex, Beltran, Ellsbury, McCann), the production drops like a rock. Even Home Runs are down which was the only bright spot for Kevin Long in the past. I don't know about everybody else, but I think we need some new blood in here to try and help our offense. These guys look lost and if you are going to continue with the same routine, expect the same results. Our Pitching staff has been the only thing holding this team afloat in a lousy division and I think it's time for a new perspective when it comes to the Offense and IMO, Kevin Long's approach has run it's course. Hell, even Granderson is hitting above what he did last year in a non-hitter friendly ballpark.

vCash
    It's all Arods fault.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

vCash
    cause he's girardi's buddy

vCash
    These guys are long time major leaguers, it isn't his fault if they can't hit. He can only fix so much. I don't mind either way, but these guys shouldn't need a hitting coach.

vCash
    He is well respected throughout the organization. He can't take the blame for these stiffs not carrying their weight.

vCash
    hes very overrated and any other team would have fired him by now, NY doesnt follow basic standards, they should have gotten rid of him the same why they should have gotten rid of damon oppenheimer and the Minor league crew. and soon it might be time to get rid of cashman who i have defended but since i cant see a clear path for this team its time for new cultures

vCash
    hitting coaches the problem

vCash
    We should fire the infield instructor as well.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    With the geriatric team the Yanks trot out there, most probably tell this guy to get bent... still.. sometimes you need a scapegoat... a fall guy... someone to send a message that this is not tolerated..

How this team is getting by with pitching is amazing since 3/5ths of the rotation is on the DL, still.. the team needs to get back to basics... HR's are nice.. but small ball still wins games too.. and if the pitching is doing its job (well, they do everywhere except toronto)... 1 or 2 more runs can often make the difference between the W and the L....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    With the geriatric team the Yanks trot out there, most probably tell this guy to get bent... still.. sometimes you need a scapegoat... a fall guy... someone to send a message that this is not tolerated..

How this team is getting by with pitching is amazing since 3/5ths of the rotation is on the DL, still.. the team needs to get back to basics... HR's are nice.. but small ball still wins games too.. and if the pitching is doing its job (well, they do everywhere except toronto)... 1 or 2 more runs can often make the difference between the W and the L....
    When the old men lose you expect it. When they win you are surprised it happened like it was an accident. I love the Yanks but this team is miles away from being a championship team. Many miles.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    When the old men lose you expect it. When they win you are surprised it happened like it was an accident. I love the Yanks but this team is miles away from being a championship team. Many miles.
    I don't think so... but I find that most who say that... usually are many more miles away from really being knowledgable about the sport...

Some teams overperform... and are indeed not ready... some under perform... in this case, if they played to form.. this team would be one of the best in the league... and that's just Tex, McCann, Beltran and Soriano... Getting CC and Pineda back playing to how they were would also help... but Injuries happen and I won't hold it against them.. YET..

Still, this team needs to wake up some players.. maybe a week on bench might help... I don't know.. but there are way too many who just are not playing well... I really think they need to do to Derek what they did to Jorge... Lose the glove... cause you suck with it.. his bat still works... barely.. but as a SS... they are just as good without one as with him at this point. Put him at DH and leave him...
    DFA Soriano... might as well pull up Almonte... because Sori just is not hitting the weight of his shoes. Almonte is the future.. Sori is ancient history (then again, so is Jeter.. but as he's a legend...)
    Fire a coach.. Kevin Long Sadly is the most obvious target.. but wake the rest of these guys up. Hell, Joe is a good manager, but maybe that's the wakeup call this team needs... but they do need a wakeup call.

vCash
    Firing Joe Girardi would be an awful idea.

vCash
    I'd fire Long in the off-season and go after Chili Davis, the A's hitting coach and former Yankee. I don't know how much he's helped them but their players sure do mention him a ton when talking about their success.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    hire AROD to be hitting coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    hire AROD to be hitting coach
    He is more fit to be a strength and conditioning coach

RUDY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast