Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Pirates Outright Jose Tabata

Color me surprised

I would have sworn it would have been Snider as that is the move that by far made the most sense. Since Tabata was outrighted I'm guessing he must have cleared waivers and with less than 5 years of service time and having not been waived previously he would have no choice but to accept the assignment. Pirates still responsible for the duration of the contract though so we have an expensive player down in AAA.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    Now there are reports saying he was optioned. If this is true it should be fascinating to know exactly where this option came from as it to the best of my knowledge did not exist last season.

vCash
    I also read that he can refuse the assignment and forfeit his contract though I'm not sure that is correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    I also read that he can refuse the assignment and forfeit his contract though I'm not sure that is correct.
    appearantly he was waived earlier in the week aka fri or the week end no team claimed him so the pirates sent him to indy and he accepted the move. i had not read it usualy roto world is ontop of deals like this and i dident see it there either. on the good side if he starts hitting he will be a good trade piece